Aller au contenu

[Arcade PC] Time Crisis 5 (Namco System ES3)

Invité kimsama

Messages recommandés

Invité kimsama
6 hours ago, Tiberius said:

So the video didn't happen because I decided to write the how to guide - It is long and sarcastic so you have been warned - why is it sarcastic? Because people don't like to read things and ask questions that have already been asked so I am just making it very clear that it works for a Wiimote and it works here - I have done it 3 times from the start for each mode and each time it works - I have followed my own instructions and it worked - so if it doesn't work your end I don't know why.

I haven't uploaded any Pre-Done ini's as different people like different button selections and this way you can set it up how you like rather than having my choices forced upon you.

Enjoy the game

TC5 wiimote instuctions.txt

My gun is calibrated perfect, but it still doesn't fix it

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HoCGccDk0H1qjf7shFURxqLCnJaOMxMB/view?usp=sharing

Fantastic work of Tiberius,:very-good::fiesta:

Wiimote works great and this trick also works for the game Lost Land Adventure, finally I can play Lost Land Adventure with Wiimote (lightgun) and Time criis 5, Thank you Tiberius:bravo:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Lost Land Adventure) ----

Game Loader is not working yet,

The game must be run directly exe (DomeShooterGame-Win64-Shipping)

And change the text in DefaultGame.ini to

[RailsShooterGame.RailsShooterPlayerController]
FallbackInputPeripheral_FinalRelease = IPT_Mouse
FallbackInputPeripheral = IPT_Mouse

Modifié par sonic323

1 hour ago, sonic323 said:

Wiimote works great and this trick also works for the game Lost Land Adventure, finally I can play Lost Land Adventure with Wiimote (lightgun) and Time criis 5, Thank you Tiberius:bravo:

Yeah I discovered the Lost Land thing also yesterday, but as it still gets effected by the dome aspect was going to keep working on it.

Glad it is working for you. 

Il y a 7 heures, Tiberius a dit :

Thinking about it might need to use ahk actually for an arcade cabinet if the buttons are recognised as joypad buttons rather than keyboard keys or xbox controllers.

At the end of the day all that matters is it works and more people can play the game.

As an aside have managed to get Lost Land Adventure to be more playable with lightgun now with the exception of the dome element. Will keep working on it and post anything I achieve on that thread rather than fill this one up with rubbish. 

Il y a 1 heure, sonic323 a dit :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Lost Land Adventure) ----

Game Loader is not working yet,

The game must be run directly exe (DomeShooterGame-Win64-Shipping)

And change the text in DefaultGame.ini to

[RailsShooterGame.RailsShooterPlayerController]
FallbackInputPeripheral_FinalRelease = IPT_Mouse
FallbackInputPeripheral = IPT_Mouse

I was thinking it was almost the same issue for LLA from day 1 where I saw TC5 release!!! I am going to try all of that today! 

Thank you Tiberius! :fiesta:

I started playing with the dome layouts and the ini files for it last night to try and see if I could make it "smoother" on LLA but it was late and my brain was fried.

It works on both the dome and "flat" version to a point, hopefully someone who knows what they are doing rather than using my brute force attempt might be able to figure some stuff out on it.

Il y a 1 heure, Tiberius a dit :

I started playing with the dome layouts and the ini files for it last night to try and see if I could make it "smoother" on LLA but it was late and my brain was fried.

It works on both the dome and "flat" version to a point, hopefully someone who knows what they are doing rather than using my brute force attempt might be able to figure some stuff out on it.

:very-good: I made tests with TC5  and LLA:

I don't know if there is a better dome patch for LLA that the one I use but my mouse is on a dome yet (it's zooming on the border of the screen atm. 

@Tiberius is your mouse cursor moving like me or like on a flat screen for you? 

@ginzu

I can control the mouse, but yes it is looking as if it is on a dome, its not moving flat across the screen

I tried playing with the DefaultGame.ini which has settings for the dome but it was beyond my understanding-I know @ducon2016 was looking at it when it came out but said it was a nightmare to make flat so that the cursor acts as if the game was flat

I also discovered that if you change 

[DomeShooterGame.DomeShooterEnemyPawn]
HeadShotDamageRate=1

You can actually kill the snakes and such rather than getting killed whilst trying to figure things out

Basically increase the number to be higher to cause damage, making it 20 makes it a one shot kill - not fair really in the spirit of the game but does make testing it easier.

Good luck

I made a video regarding my tests with TC5 and LLA. 

And, yes, I saw these parameters too but I played with other ones without success. 

I would say that in fact the aim is not perfect. It is as if the cursor is moving with relatives coordinates.

Sometimes the cursor is at the end of its travel long before it has reached the edge of the screen.

Modifié par ginzu

To be far I never said it was perfect I said it was working and playable...... Which compared to 24 hours ago is far better :ptdr:;)

As explained in write up sensitivity/speed can be changed, you should have seen how bad it was in my previous attempts.

This is why I didn't upload premade Inis because everyone's experience and wants will be different so by following the guide you can change what you need to change for speed and such.

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

To be far I never said it was perfect I said it was working and playable...... Which compared to 24 hours ago is far better :ptdr:;)

As explained in write up sensitivity/speed can be changed, you should have seen how bad it was in my previous attempts.

This is why I didn't upload premade Inis because everyone's experience and wants will be different so by following the guide you can change what you need to change for speed and such.

Great work, it looks like there is a scaling factor for movement of the cursor as it gets towards the edge of the screen, almost like mouse acceleration in windows ..

I'm more than happy to be able to play and frankly as you say this is 24 hours work and is probably 90% of the way there, well done !!

Invité kimsama

It's more easier to play with a mouse for the moment. I'll just wait for Demulshooter support. I can't really play if the gun aiming isn't right

Aiming Issue: Aimtrack Gun Working well in the selection screen and as soon as i'm playing the game the aiming is crazy, seems like the screen is very small for detection, but only happen during the game not in the Main menu, weird, any body get an idea??

My setup is running on 4k resolution and the game is running at full hd, even if i change the DPI settings of the game or change the resolution of the screen to HD or even run the game at 4K, it happen the same all the time, so if anybody get Gun working well please tell us how you did it on details please 

il y a 32 minutes, Tiberius a dit :

Yes I know. 

This was just to inform others. 

Off course it's really better with your findings. 

On 29/08/2020 at 9:41 PM, Pantherheart said:

Hi there, @MrThunderwing, long time no see, but nonetheless playing Arcade games up and down! Hope you're doing well like myself, who's successfully defying the state of pandemic emergency! :-)

To answer your question (or to make a promising try, at least), the reason why kimsama's fantastic contribution, namely the 5th Arcade incarnation of the mother of all taking-cover-in-action on-rails lightgun shooters, puts a rather abrupt end to your accomplished gunfighter's deadly ambitions could be due to the possibility that this is not the True Mastermind Edition (真の黒幕編 Shin no kokumakuhen), which saw release in Arcades about half a year later and contains the second half of the original Time Crisis 5 by offering three more new stages (I wikipedia'd this info).

On the other hand, the way in which your session has stopped so suddenly rather suggests some kind of bug than an official end of the game. But then again, maybe it ain't a bug, but a feature (whether to laugh or cry about that would be up to you), if considering that two Time Crisis 5 Arcade releases are out there in fact - one having an open end, and one complete affair.

Hey bud, thanks for the info. Someone mentioned in a comment in a YouTube video I put up that apparently this glitch happens in the real arcade as well. What's weird is I let the timer completely run out and continued and I still couldn't progress any further. Weird. Thanks for the info on the True Mastermind Edition, I wasn't familiar with it.

Can anyone help me out with the AHK and Joy2Key Part ? Im a Hyperspin User but sadly i dont have any knowledge with AHKs and Joy2Key. 

Game works fine and also the the TUT from Tiberius helped with the Mouse. But cant play long since the Buttons arent Configured. So im an absolute beginner when it comes to these 2 Points. Hope someone can help me out! :)

PS: Awesome work so far @everyone here!

Modifié par Shippo

Invité Jayinem
On 8/29/2020 at 7:36 AM, NoKey said:

Can you recommend a pistol other than Wiiremote to play this kind of gun games ? I can also get Wiiremote. I couldnt decide.

Did you try Tiberius' workaround with your EMS Top Gun 3? I have the same gun, and couldn't get the workaround to work. I am hearing maybe no Demulshooter for this game which is bad. If you get it to work with your EMS Top Gun 3 today or next year please let me know. 

Modifié par Jayinem

Invité Jayinem

Probably going to also consider getting another gun either Wiimote or Aimtrak. I can't go on forever without Time Crisis 5 it's my favorite lightgun series. 

2 hours ago, Shippo said:

Can anyone help me out with the AHK and Joy2Key Part ? Im a Hyperspin User but sadly i dont have any knowledge with AHKs and Joy2Key. 

Game works fine and also the the TUT from Tiberius helped with the Mouse. But cant play long since the Buttons arent Configured. So im an absolute beginner when it comes to these 2 Points. Hope someone can help me out! :)

PS: Awesome work so far @everyone here!

Hi mate, you don't need AHK for this one because it use a bat file so simply launch it as pc game with pclauncher.ahk and for joytokey is simple just create a profile and map the button as you wish and then associate with the TimeCrisisGame-Win64-Shipping.exe

vor 2 Minuten schrieb evolushroom:

Hi mate, you don't need AHK for this one because it use a bat file so simply launch it as pc game with pclauncher.ahk and for joytokey is simple just create a profile and map the button as you wish and then associate with the TimeCrisisGame-Win64-Shipping.exe

Thank you very much. But this doesnt really Help me. I even watched tutorial for Joy2Key but i dont really get this if using an Aimtrack Lightgun. As i said i never used Joy2Key. I only know how to open it in Rocketlauncher. 

hey, fellas.  I just downloaded the game and i got it to fire up.  A couple newb questions.  I am using a keyboard and mouse to start.  How do you add coins to get the game to start? i know in past Namco modern games zero would be the default key for added coins.  I've pressed every button i can and nothing happens.  Ive checked the input.ini file didn't really see anything helpful.  Anyone give me a hand?

hace 22 horas, llll55 dijo:

i added to the script that key 1 will be start, and key 5 will add game cursore...more nicer than pressing shift +....

1::send +t
5::send +h

How we can do this? In the same bacth start.bat file its enough?

il y a 3 minutes, jeffs316 a dit :

hey, fellas.  I just downloaded the game and i got it to fire up.  A couple newb questions.  I am using a keyboard and mouse to start.  How do you add coins to get the game to start? i know in past Namco modern games zero would be the default key for added coins.  I've pressed every button i can and nothing happens.  Ive checked the input.ini file didn't really see anything helpful.  Anyone give me a hand?

Shift+T

Invité Jayinem

Got it working with my EMS Top Gun 3 not sure why it wasn't working before but someone on arcadecontrols helped me and uploaded their BaseInput, and suddenly it worked. I probably did something wrong oh well I am happy now. 

10 hours ago, ginzu said:

:very-good: I made tests with TC5  and LLA:

I don't know if there is a better dome patch for LLA that the one I use but my mouse is on a dome yet (it's zooming on the border of the screen atm. 

@Tiberius is your mouse cursor moving like me or like on a flat screen for you? 

I am actively looking for a job, so never had the time to finish it. You are right the cursor is still curved in LLA. As soon as my condition is more stable, I will look into it again. But right now I need to feed my family, so bare with me.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb MrThunderwing:

Hey bud, thanks for the info. Someone mentioned in a comment in a YouTube video I put up that apparently this glitch happens in the real arcade as well. What's weird is I let the timer completely run out and continued and I still couldn't progress any further. Weird. Thanks for the info on the True Mastermind Edition, I wasn't familiar with it.

That is indeed a strange behaviour of the game, because for a product filled with so much prestige you wouldn't expect less than a cliffhanger ending, followed by a "To be continued..." message stylishly fading in and concluded by rolling credits that would have made for a worthy finish. In fact, I didn't know of any Arcade game before that was so roughly splitted into two halves respectively two Arcade machines like it had been done with the herein discussed Time Crisis 5. Although I'm quite sure that Bandai Namco Entertainment's consultants and officials could justify their reasons for doing so well enough if you were to ask them to see your own assessments of the issue confirmed. Anyway, I have thanked kimsama in the way he absolutely deserves, but I rather prefer to "think big", so to say, by saving my joy and harddisk space for the whole True Mastermind experience, because (even more) good things come to those who wait (even longer), you know.

Stay tuned - and thunderwinged -, my brother in (Arcade) spirit! :-)

22 minutes ago, Jayinem said:

Got it working with my EMS Top Gun 3 not sure why it wasn't working before but someone on arcadecontrols helped me and uploaded their BaseInput, and suddenly it worked. I probably did something wrong oh well I am happy now. 

I got it to work with the instructions from Tiberius, but in-game it's clearly less accurate than during the menus. Seems that the menus are using absolute positioning and then switches to wiimote style tracking.

Can you share your baseinput.ini?

Invité Jayinem
Just now, darkphoenixfox said:

I got it to work with the instructions from Tiberius, but in-game it's clearly less accurate than during the menus. Seems that the menus are using absolute positioning and then switches to wiimote style tracking.

Can you share your baseinput.ini?

It's the same for me, I wasn't able to get it working at all until now. It's like you said less accurate in game than in menus. That probably won't change. 

Just now, Jayinem said:

It's the same for me, I wasn't able to get it working at all until now. It's like you said less accurate in game than in menus. That probably won't change. 

Hopefully someone will figure out what the bindings are for absolute mouseX mouseY, I have checked the UE4 documentation but no luck. I got the best accuracy with 0.3 X and 0.15 Y values

Invité Jayinem
1 minute ago, darkphoenixfox said:

Hopefully someone will figure out what the bindings are for absolute mouseX mouseY, I have checked the UE4 documentation but no luck. I got the best accuracy with 0.3 X and 0.15 Y values

May I ask where did you change those values? Or do you mean you changed them in your own gun's settings? 

il y a 10 minutes, ducon2016 a dit :

I am actively looking for a job, so never had the time to finish it. You are right the cursor is still curved in LLA. As soon as my condition is more stable, I will look into it again. But right now I need to feed my family, so bare with me.

No problem

Everyone does what they can. I myself am very busy. So I understand you very well.