Aller au contenu

[Arcade PC] SDVX Vivid Wave

adonis495

Messages recommandés

22 hours ago, aaa573 said:

Hey y'all.

I'm trying to get the game running from a fresh install, and I'm encountering an error where the game crashes while waiting for network.

The game crashes at this log line:

[2023/08/13 14:47:55] M:AppBootLoader: ess_init

I've attached the full logs below.

Here's my setup

• KFC-2022122001 from TeknoParrot
  • spice2x-2023-04-23
    • Windowed mode and disable camera set in spicecfg.exe
  • Windows audio set to 44100 hz 16-bit

Asphyxia core and plugin has not yet been installed to reduce points of failure.

Here are the soundvoltex.dll patches from patcher.turksigara, also attached below.

• Shared mode WASAPI
  • Shared mode WASAPI Valkyrie

ea3-config.xml is untouched.

Any help is appreciated and thank you in advance.

log.txt 88.52 kB · 2 downloads soundvoltex.dll 9.8 MB · 0 downloads

Okay, I figured out what was going on. My file path was too long. This was my file path to where the soundvoltex.dll was:

"C:\Users\User\Desktop\SDVX Teknoparrot Version\Sound Voltex Exceed Gear (V-M's)\Sound Voltex Exceed Gear\SDVXEG (KFC-2023042500)\contents\soundvoltex.dll"

Some files that are being loaded by the game may have paths that exceed the 256 character limit of file paths in Windows, causing the error. I solved this issue by moving the 'SDVXEG' folder to the Desktop or by shortening any folder name in the path above.

Well, I guess that Bayfiles link to the exceed gear updates will never work. Does anyone have a good collection of update files they can link to?

Side question; do the cabinet updates make the gameplay look different? Like, the effects within a song? 

I am using the Aug 2021 update still but when I see people on youtube with newer versions, the actual graphics while you're playing look different and better to me.

Modifié par randyb

5 hours ago, MXDrako said:

Dude, you are amazing. Thank you so much!!

For anyone looking to use this install, you'll need to get Asphyxia Core along with the SDVX plugin. The latest version did NOT work for this upload (song selection failed), I had to get another one posted on page 62, which works fine.

You'll also need to run the soundvoltex.dll through one of the online tools for configuring it, unless you just happen to have the same settings (I didn't since I run 120hz valk). 

Hope this helps, thanks again Drako.

12 hours ago, randyb said:

Well, I guess that Bayfiles link to the exceed gear updates will never work. Does anyone have a good collection of update files they can link to?

Side question; do the cabinet updates make the gameplay look different? Like, the effects within a song? 

I am using the Aug 2021 update still but when I see people on youtube with newer versions, the actual graphics while you're playing look different and better to me.

Answering your side question
1. No they dont, there are 2 version of SDVX cabinet which runs different version but still the same base game

1. The new Valkyrie model (released in 2021 with Exceed Gear Update), it has new effect called "valkyrie effect" make knob slam more flashy, and the long notes textures looks a bit different from what i observe. The game also runs in 120hz. It has a second screen for the FX-L + FX-R menu, and could be use to search songs
  2. The old Nemysis model (the cab used since SDVX I-V *cmiiw, this thing run with potato specs from what i heard it uses 4th gen i3 or something)

2. Even with your 2021 update, you can enable it by changing your ea3-config.xml in the prop folder, the 2nd letter in the datecode (AFA/JFA,etc) change the F (its nemesys model) to => G or H (valkyrie model)
you can run it fine even without a 120hz monitor and a 2nd monitor.

Subscreen only works in fullscreen exclusive mode (afaik), borderless or windowed doesnt. If you want to use the subscreen use page up, use mouse for the touch

here's the photo of the cab (from google img)

Sound_Voltex_Exceed_Gear_Standard_and_Valkyrie_Model_cabinets.jpg

Modifié par PrinzEugen39

On 8/15/2023 at 6:48 AM, aaa573 said:

Okay, I figured out what was going on. My file path was too long. This was my file path to where the soundvoltex.dll was:

"C:\Users\User\Desktop\SDVX Teknoparrot Version\Sound Voltex Exceed Gear (V-M's)\Sound Voltex Exceed Gear\SDVXEG (KFC-2023042500)\contents\soundvoltex.dll"

Some files that are being loaded by the game may have paths that exceed the 256 character limit of file paths in Windows, causing the error. I solved this issue by moving the 'SDVXEG' folder to the Desktop or by shortening any folder name in the path above.

This is also a good solution.

https://www.howtogeek.com/266621/how-to-make-windows-10-accept-file-paths-over-260-characters/

On 8/16/2023 at 7:26 PM, MXDrako said:

how do i get this to work? ive downloaded the above files, I'm a complete novice when it comes to setting up this game,

are there any other files i need or a guide on how to set this up from scratch

many thanks

Drako thanks again mate. Curious- is your setup on 202304255 because there is an issue with the later patches, or maybe there isn't much benefit to updating further? Just wondering if it's worth looking for and installing newer patched from there or if this is more than enough.

I am totally loving the new songs. Some of them are super hard for their rating versus the songs I was playing on the 202108 update! 

The only real downside is I think the "skin" was significantly better looking in the 202108 update. It's no big deal though. This is great and the new songs are bangers. 

34 minutes ago, randyb said:

Drako thanks again mate. Curious- is your setup on 202304255 because there is an issue with the later patches, or maybe there isn't much benefit to updating further? Just wondering if it's worth looking for and installing newer patched from there or if this is more than enough.

I am totally loving the new songs. Some of them are super hard for their rating versus the songs I was playing on the 202108 update! 

The only real downside is I think the "skin" was significantly better looking in the 202108 update. It's no big deal though. This is great and the new songs are bangers. 

Yes, i have 20230425 with 20230516 songs (plus omnimix), because is the last leak, but i haven't troubles with that update because i use a private server (not local).

You have 1st season Game, 20230425 is 3rd season update and come with new interface, graphics, hub, songs, etc.

9 hours ago, dox987 said:

anyone can solve this problem? and my monitors are changing arrangements and display orientation itself when i boot the game. i tried changing dll but it won't work.

log.txt 77.91 kB · 1 download

game worked just fine before updating game(2021060802) but after upgrade it won't work(2023042500)

1 hour ago, dox987 said:

game worked just fine before updating game(2021060802) but after upgrade it won't work(2023042500)

The game is crashing while trying to create a window.

[2023/08/19 00:38:18] I:graphics::d3d9: D3D9 presentation parameters for adapter 0: BackBufferWidth: 1080, BackBufferHeight: 1920, Format: D3DFMT_X8R8G8B8, BackBufferCount: 1, MultiSampleType: 0, MultiSampleQuality: 0, SwapEffect: 1, Windowed: 0, EnableAutoDepthStencil: 0, AutoDepthStencilFormat: D3DFMT_D16, Flags: 0, FullScreen_RefreshRateInHz: 120, PresentationInterval: D3DPRESENT_INTERVAL_ONE
[2023/08/19 00:38:18] I:graphics::d3d9: D3D9 presentation parameters for adapter 1: BackBufferWidth: 1920, BackBufferHeight: 1080, Format: D3DFMT_X8R8G8B8, BackBufferCount: 1, MultiSampleType: 0, MultiSampleQuality: 0, SwapEffect: 1, Windowed: 0, EnableAutoDepthStencil: 0, AutoDepthStencilFormat: D3DFMT_D16, Flags: 0, FullScreen_RefreshRateInHz: 60, PresentationInterval: D3DPRESENT_INTERVAL_IMMEDIATE
[2023/08/19 00:38:18] I:graphics::d3d9: D3D9Ex fullscreen display mode for adapter 0: Width: 1080, Height: 1920, RefreshRate: 120, Format: D3DFMT_X8R8G8B8, ScanLineOrdering: 1
[2023/08/19 00:38:18] I:graphics::d3d9: D3D9Ex fullscreen display mode for adapter 1: Width: 1920, Height: 1080, RefreshRate: 60, Format: D3DFMT_X8R8G8B8, ScanLineOrdering: 1
[2023/08/19 00:38:18] W:graphics::d3d9: CreateDeviceEx failed, hr=0x8876086c

since you are launching in windowed mode, adjust the desktop resolution & refresh rate, and rotate it as needed before you launch the game.

Also, I would recommend using spice2x as it works much better for valk cab mode.

Modifié par bicarus

On 8/18/2023 at 9:27 AM, MXDrako said:

Yes, i have 20230425 with 20230516 songs (plus omnimix), because is the last leak, but i haven't troubles with that update because i use a private server (not local).

You have 1st season Game, 20230425 is 3rd season update and come with new interface, graphics, hub, songs, etc.

Ah ok that makes sense. I think I prefer the visual look of the UI from season 1. The ability to see the elements of the song, with that little chart it puts up, is cool though.

The songs you have in your collection are incredible, for the record. Sooo much better than what I had. It's honestly making me like the game a LOT more, a lot less DJ songs and a lot more normal bemani style songs, if that makes sense? That's EXACTLY what I wanted!

When you mention Omni Mix, what is that? Is that the "SDVX Plus" that I have heard about, or is that something different? Are you saying some of the songs in your collection are not official?

I apologize for all the questions, you seem like you know a lot and info is a little hard to come by about the arcade version.

It's amazing that you play on a private server, I had no idea you could do that. I have your files running great though on my machine. 

Modifié par randyb

8 hours ago, randyb said:

When you mention Omni Mix, what is that? Is that the "SDVX Plus" that I have heard about, or is that something different? Are you saying some of the songs in your collection are not official?

All songs are official, omnimix only went back removed songs.
I don't use sdvx plus because actually i'm playing levels 15 or below hehe

trying to play on a 165hz monitor, but the fps seems really low for some reason. when I press f12, it says I'm getting 144+ fps, but the gameplay looks really laggy. i have the fps options set to 165hz in the DLL patcher and I've tried to force refresh rate in spice tools, but nothing has worked. anyone know of a fix?

1 hour ago, PickleBanjo said:

trying to play on a 165hz monitor, but the fps seems really low for some reason. when I press f12, it says I'm getting 144+ fps, but the gameplay looks really laggy. i have the fps options set to 165hz in the DLL patcher and I've tried to force refresh rate in spice tools, but nothing has worked. anyone know of a fix?

is the monitor you are playing on set as your main display in windows? for me when i play in windowed on the monitor which is not set as main display in windows the framerate is much worse than what spicetools tells me it is (120 constant)
on the dll patcher there is also a force note framerate option, maybe try that if you have not already, im not sure if sdvx works properly with higher than 120fps framerate as last time i had tried it animations were faster than normal, is it like that for you?

i was also wondering if anyone could help me with this "issue" i am having, where when i play in windowed, in the top left corner there is this piece of text attatched:image.png.fd34a4321979dcbbe920ab95e931b68e.png
if possible i would like to know how to get rid of this? i tried both spice2x and regular spicetools and i can't find a way to remove this. on the OBS preview and in recordings this "insert card" text box isnt visible at all whilst all other spicetools elements are visible in the recording (like the fps counter), just to mention.
thank you!

Modifié par poodoggyfartfart

35 minutes ago, poodoggyfartfart said:

i was also wondering if anyone could help me with this "issue" i am having, where when i play in windowed, in the top left corner there is this piece of text attatched:image.png.fd34a4321979dcbbe920ab95e931b68e.png
if possible i would like to know how to get rid of this? i tried both spice2x and regular spicetools and i can't find a way to remove this. on the OBS preview and in recordings this "insert card" text box isnt visible at all whilst all other spicetools elements are visible in the recording (like the fps counter), just to mention.
thank you!

"Disable Touch Card Insert" option in spicecfg (-touchnocard)

On 8/20/2023 at 6:10 PM, PickleBanjo said:

I had the same problem. Even if you change the fps with the DLL patcher the game still changes the refresh rate to 120hz when you start the game or when you minimize and restore the game. If you check the refresh rate on your monitors osd it'll probably be 120hz when the game is running. On my computer and monitor what fixes it is once the game is loaded unplug the hdmi/displayport cable from the monitor and plug it back in. Also disable gsync or variable refresh rate of you haven't already. You have to do that every time you switch to another program or when you first start it. 

Modifié par Killaham411
Added worda

I'm trying to do a new installation starting with 0831 (which runs perfectly) and upgrading straight to 0425 using the mega link from a few days ago, but I can't get the game to boot after dragging in the new folders. It either gets stuck at the RGB Camera check at the startup screen or just hangs on a completely black screen. Soundvoltex.dll is patched, using ovv fork of Asphyxia with WebUI Assets updated, cameras disabled in spicecfg - not sure what else to try. Any suggestions? Does anybody have mirrors of the old upgrade path?

Modifié par im_stinky
Posted too early lol

15 hours ago, Killaham411 said:

I had the same problem. Even if you change the fps with the DLL patcher the game still changes the refresh rate to 120hz when you start the game or when you minimize and restore the game. If you check the refresh rate on your monitors osd it'll probably be 120hz when the game is running. On my computer and monitor what fixes it is once the game is loaded unplug the hdmi/displayport cable from the monitor and plug it back in. Also disable gsync or variable refresh rate of you haven't already. You have to do that every time you switch to another program or when you first start it. 

well, the game is supposed to run at 120hz if you run in valkyrie mode. 

don't use anything above 120hz because the game gets wonky with that.

10 hours ago, mikaelr said:

well, the game is supposed to run at 120hz if you run in valkyrie mode. 

don't use anything above 120hz because the game gets wonky with that.

I run mine at 144hz and it works great as long as I unplug the dp cable and plug it back in. If I don't it's stutters a lot. Spice shows 144fps

Modifié par Killaham411

Imo by far the best way to run Valk is to use an HDMI 2.1 TV and run an HDMI 2.1 compatible graphics card.

Runs the audio perfectly to a receiver, while also running at a perfect native 120hz, buttery smooth.

Of course that's only if you have the equipment, but its worth noting for anyone creating a setup or upgrading their current one.

1 hour ago, Artifis_1 said:

image.png.e2fc4004a4f7834e609f3059470a88fc.png

Currently have this issue, I have my config source setting set to "G:\KFC-2023042500\KFC-2023042500\contents\prop\ea3-config.xml", anyone know why this is happening?
Thanks.

most likely corrupt file (config files are in SHIFT-JIS and can be easily messed up if you edit them in the wrong encoding), try a clean file

2 hours ago, bicarus said:

most likely corrupt file (config files are in SHIFT-JIS and can be easily messed up if you edit them in the wrong encoding), try a clean file

image.png.74c6736ccc0f90d6084df48947682ccc.png

I tried replacing it with a clean file but it gave me the same result unfortunately, however now the src error is different, since its the original clean file region, could it be an issue with the other config files when it attempts to call it?

Fixed it! Issue was linking the xmls, removing them fixes the issue

Modifié par Artifis_1

On 8/23/2023 at 10:52 AM, Killaham411 said:

I run mine at 144hz and it works great as long as I unplug the dp cable and plug it back in. If I don't it's stutters a lot. Spice shows 144fps

hmmm that's weird, the game never runs well for me if i go beyond 120hz.

i have all the capable hardware btw, just doesn't run well. 

If I turn the knobs on my Fauce 2, in Exceed Gear there is a small dead zone before it clicks over to another item in the Appeal Cards and such. 

Is that normal? If not how do I fix it? I haven't noticed any issues in the actual songs, and there is no delay in spice tools or anything, so I'm wondering if there's just a natural dead zone when selecting items in the UI like appeal cards...