Aller au contenu

[Arcade PC] Star Wars: Battle Pods (Namco System ES3)

sky2310

Messages recommandés

Le 18/11/2019 à 16:57, ducon2016 a dit :
Confirmed working with dome fix. Ran into a couple issues. Followed the readme and got a VCRuntime140.dll error. Need to install latest MS Visual C++ 2015 Redist Update. (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=52685 )
Also, after running the game 1st time after following the dome fix readme I got the following error
error.png?width=400&height=199

I deleted the unpacked folder that was created following the readme and then all was good to go.
Modifié par 7zxkv

il y a 52 minutes, ducon2016 a dit :

Thanks for that! ;)

But I find that the dome fix for this game is less impressive that the one for Mach Storm. Indeed the logo Star Wars and the mission to select is curved and it is not the case for Mach Storm.

But during the game this curved effect seems to have disappeared :)

11 minutes ago, Safur said:

Thanks for that! ;)

But I find that the dome fix for this game is less impressive that the one for Mach Storm. Indeed the logo Star Wars and the mission to select is curved and it is not the case for Mach Storm.

one step closer and it works well.. its just over zoomed and as @Safur said its not as good as mach storm.. it would also be good if it went full screen :rolleyes:

props for the work put in tho :very-good:

55 minutes ago, Safur said:

Thanks for that! ;)

I agree but it is because of the game UI. The fix is exactly the same code as machstorm. The game displays the logos differently than machstorm, not much I can do here since the whole UI is rendered in "3D". Someone can look into the UI code and detransform it if they have the energy to do it. I might look at the UI shader one day but might be months down the line

Modifié par ducon2016

4 hours ago, ducon2016 said:

I agree but it is because of the game UI. The fix is exactly the same code as machstorm. The game displays the logos differently than machstorm, not much I can do here since the whole UI is rendered in "3D". Someone can look into the UI code and detransform it if they have the energy to do it. I might look at the UI shader one day but might be months down the line

If the ui is rendered in 3d is it possible it has its own seperate resolution setting.

On a 4:3 monitor and set at 1280x720 the game will not go into fullscreen properly...fullscreen is set to true but its like its permanently windowed

.i can use borderless but as soon as the star wars intro starts or you go into an ingame menu it kicks the borderless back to windowed.

I thought it might be the ui resolution or scaling causing it?

Modifié par Mackie3009
Spelling 2

2 hours ago, arcade_power said:

No wonder you don't get any sound. According to the pics, you're using the wrong executable. Again, you have to boot the game with RSLauncher.exe...NOT the Winshipping one! 

@xtremebuga you really need to open your eyes and read things before saying things dont work.. on the first page of this thread it states use the RSlauncher in the launcher folder.. 

said it before and ill say it again, its not rocket science!! 

Modifié par myarcade

58 minutes ago, Mackie3009 said:

If the ui is rendered in 3d is it possible it has its own seperate resolution setting.

On a 4:3 monitor and set at 1280x720 the game will not go into fullscreen properly...fullscreen is set to true but its like its permanently windowed

.i can use borderless but as soon as the star wars intro starts or you go into an ingame menu it kicks the borderless back to windowed.

I thought it might be the ui resolution or scaling causing it?

i have the same issue, i have to keep pressing f11 to get back to full screen.. 

Just now, Mackie3009 said:

are you using a 4:3 monitor also?

no im using a 2560x1440 monitor

the patch makes it go full screen but as soon as a misson starts or ends it reverts back to the windows size and i have to press f11 all the time.. 

4 minutes ago, myarcade said:

no im using a 2560x1440 monitor

the patch makes it go full screen but as soon as a misson starts or ends it reverts back to the windows size and i have to press f11 all the time.. 

Yeah its really odd...nothing seems to make it work...im not even that sure the resolution is changing to 1280x720 because ive tried other resolutions and they all look the same.

The game is playable...its just really annoying when im sure theres a simple fix somewhere in the settings

I have a 3840 x 2160 aspect ratio on my desktop and am wondering whats the best way to get full screen on Star wars battlepod ?  when I press f11 the screen freezes up but I can hear the game audio in background. Im just looking  to get full screen I dont really care about 4K?

Modifié par atrain9

13 minutes ago, Mackie3009 said:

Yeah its really odd...nothing seems to make it work...im not even that sure the resolution is changing to 1280x720 because ive tried other resolutions and they all look the same.

The game is playable...its just really annoying when im sure theres a simple fix somewhere in the settings

yeah it is annoying me too.. such a good game.

if you press f2 you can see its rendered in 3d so i think until somebody skilled enough can make a full screen patch we are stuck :triste:

Modifié par myarcade

30 minutes ago, myarcade said:

@xtremebuga you really need to open your eyes and read things before saying things dont work.. on the first page of this thread it states use the RSlauncher in the launcher folder.. 

said it before and ill say it again, its not rocket science!! 

I know buddy I've been wrong all the time, and who not mistake? I was trying to run RSlauncher without using Tecknoparrot, you don't have to be angry for this reason, after all this is not the purpose of this forum, help those in need? Anyway thank you all once again.

8 minutes ago, atrain9 said:

I have a 3840 x 2160 aspect ratio on my desktop and am wondering whats the best way to get full screen on Star wars battlepod ?  when I press f11 the screen freezes up but I can hear the game audio in background. Im just looking  to get full screen I dont really care about 4K?

again, please ready this thread!! there are a couple of full screen patches posted.. 

please go back through this thread and read before posting already answered questions!! 

Just now, xtremebuga said:

I know buddy I've been wrong all the time, and who not mistake? I was trying to run RSlauncher without using Tecknoparrot, you don't have to be angry for this reason, after all this is not the purpose of this forum, help those in need? Anyway thank you all once again.

ok fair enough, but this thread is for starwars and therefor reading through it before asking already answered questions, is going to answer your questions.. 

28 minutes ago, myarcade said:

again, please ready this thread!! there are a couple of full screen patches posted.. 

please go back through this thread and read before posting already answered questions!! 

I went back in and read the thread in its entirety and saw that you posted quite a lot of questions asking for help and it seems you and I have a similiar interest in resolution issues so since thats the case what worked best for you ? I would love to try it so I to could rectify our issues with resolution!  Thanks for the tip :)

Modifié par atrain9

Applied the dome fix and the full screen fix (SW Battle Pod Fullscreen v5 AUTOMATIC).  In years of arcade emulation, this has to be one of the coolest games.  

Does the TP dome fix checkbox have any effect if the downloaded dome fix is applied?

Modifié par Gtguy

Patch v6 suite Ă  la mise Ă  jour de Teknoparrot.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15cVp3VEk-WA39p2FiT889-ThyBE7xJyy/view?usp=drivesdk

Fonctionne uniquement pour une resolution maximum 1080p.

Je travail actuellement Ă  une version automatique pour 2k-4k

Elle est quasi fini reste quelques modifications Ă  faire.

Patch fullscreen pour 2k-4k en bĂŞta seulement pour Win 7 (Win 10 en cours)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hdfcQsemj_VBoUPIDmjRsRuDVGMQtO5A/view?usp=drivesdk

Modifié par Trymado

2 hours ago, Trymado said:

Patch v6 suite Ă  la mise Ă  jour de Teknoparrot.

Still boxed and curved vision

I tried both exe as per instructions
I have a nvidia videocard

Modifié par petje

Il y a 17 heures, nate a dit :
Confirmed working with dome fix. Ran into a couple issues. Followed the readme and got a VCRuntime140.dll error. Need to install latest MS Visual C++ 2015 Redist Update. (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=52685 )
Also, after running the game 1st time after following the dome fix readme I got the following error
error.png?width=400&height=199

I deleted the unpacked folder that was created following the readme and then all was good to go.

delete unpacked directory after copy startup-new.upk

Only way i got it to work full screen on 4K was to change resolution of monitor to 1920x1080 use the V5 full screen launcher in TP ui foldsr then tap shift+1 to change video to flat not domed.

Its a bit of a bodge but it does work

video here recorded using nvidia recorder

13 hours ago, atrain9 said:

I went back in and read the thread in its entirety and saw that you posted quite a lot of questions asking for help and it seems you and I have a similiar interest in resolution issues so since thats the case what worked best for you ? I would love to try it so I to could rectify our issues with resolution!  Thanks for the tip :)

i find the @spiderzsoft full screen worked for me but i have to keep pressing f11 to keep it full screen.. i also use the domefix 

hope that helps 

13 hours ago, eathearty1 said:

Read the readme copied files that needed to be copied renamed files that needed to be renamed still game opens in 3d even with domefix ticked or unticked in tecknoparrot also on a 2560x1440 monitor 

try shift - 1 or f11 

hope that works