Aller au contenu

[Arcade PC] Star Wars: Battle Pods (Namco System ES3)

sky2310

Messages recommandés

2 hours ago, Trymado said:

Make sure you go to Star Wars game settings in TeknoParrot and check General - XInput for Xbox controller. Set Throttle to a thumbstick, not a trigger.

Modifié par nate

Hey guys! A little help please if anyone has come across this problem

I'm trying to load the RSLauncher with latest version of TP. It looks like the game (SWArcGame-Win64-Shipping.exe) is trying to load BUT it's closing and then trying to open again, repeating over and over in a loop. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide, I've read through posts here and the TP discord but couldn't see this mentioned.

7 minutes ago, petje said:

Just tested on 255 works fine on nvidia

you try to run it on a laptop with intel intergated gpu?

If two video cards switch to dedicated gpu

Thank you for the reply.

Desktop PC. i7 2600K @4.5GHz & 980Ti

Modifié par Honosuseri

46 minutes ago, Honosuseri said:

Hey guys! A little help please if anyone has come across this problem

I'm trying to load the RSLauncher with latest version of TP. It looks like the game (SWArcGame-Win64-Shipping.exe) is trying to load BUT it's closing and then trying to open again, repeating over and over in a loop. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide, I've read through posts here and the TP discord but couldn't see this mentioned.

Same after Teknoparrot update.

9 hours ago, petje said:

update video driver?

https://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-uk

there is also another loader on emuline

JC just tested it works on i7 and gtx970

Thank you for your time. I do have the latest GPU drivers installed, I'll look for this other Launcher now and see what happens

9 minutes ago, petje said:

http://www.emuline.org/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=7040

Place files in launcher folder

Configure loader 

Start game with RSLauncher.exe

Thank you, I had just found that myself.

I've put the files in the Launcher folder, configured the gamepad in Jconfig. Even set as compat for Win 8 as readme states. Loading RSLauncher.exe does not work

*EDIT*

Deleted the SWArcGame folder in Documents/My Games/UnrealEngine3. It now plays with JconfigSW! Thanks everyone for the assistance

Modifié par Honosuseri

10 hours ago, petje said:

Disbled antivirus and other protection tools windows UAC ?

I never use either of those. I've resolved it now thank you for your time

*EDIT*

It seems RSS (Riva Statistics Server) & MSI Afterburner causes issues and also needs to be closed

Modifié par Honosuseri

Fist test:

Win7 64bits

Game run, sound ok, control work, graphic work with a big problem for me (CPU C2D) with many lag need more power :-( or a xmas gift from santa

Anyone know some tweak to down graphic quality? I try change Games\UnrealEngine3\SWArcGame\Config\SWArcSystemSettings.ini

ResX=3520

ResY=1980

with low resolution but nothing change

Modifié par emulor

il y a 43 minutes, emulor a dit :

Fist test:

Win7 64bits

Game run, sound ok, control work, graphic work with a big problem for me (CPU C2D) with many lag need more power :-( or a xmas gift from santa

Anyone know some tweak to down graphic quality? I try change Games\UnrealEngine3\SWArcGame\Config\SWArcSystemSettings.ini

ResX=3520

ResY=1980

with low resolution but nothing change

Try this

https://mega.nz/#!1QwRxIQJ!zTK9PA-7l5_GhynuBAe85IUK5qaw0Fvl2cPB9V_Mq8c

For those who have a weak PC and want to downgrade graphs, processing and rendering quality to make playable, follow this, and play with options until you have best result:

https://www.unknowncheats.me/forum/pc-hardware/218515-unreal-engine-3-fps-increase.html

https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Engine:Unreal_Engine_3

Edit Games\UnrealEngine3\SWArcGame\Config\SWArcSystemSettings.ini  and make the file read-only after change, test for your best options.

Thanks to all.

Il y a 2 heures, emulor a dit :

For those who have a weak PC and want to downgrade graphs, processing and rendering quality to make playable, follow this, and play with options until you have best result:

https://www.unknowncheats.me/forum/pc-hardware/218515-unreal-engine-3-fps-increase.html

https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Engine:Unreal_Engine_3

Edit Games\UnrealEngine3\SWArcGame\Config\SWArcSystemSettings.ini  and make the file read-only after change, test for your best options.

Thanks to all.

After several tests and following the tutorial at the link below:
I arrived at this result (see the 2 attached files)
There is better
I have the impression that when we change the resolution the modification is not modified and that the game remains in the same display.
ResX = 1280
ResY = 720

This option greatly reduces the quality of the game but if you set the value False then the game is really very ugly with absence of textures as if there was no more light
DynamicLights = True

Now the mission of the Endor forest is much more playable and faster I just have some small slowdowns on the very first seconds

SWArcSystemSettings.ini

LOTDSystemSettings.ini

17 minutes ago, manuelx98 said:

The Dome Fix v2 doesn't work for me. The game starts correctly, but after some seconds a pop-up saying "Ran out of video memory! Closing..." appears and it just closes. With the original Startup upk it works perfectly fine, so it's not a problem of my gpu (GTX 960)

I've just checked the amount of VRAM being used with the Dome fix V2 patch, Max is 1.5GB. That's with my 980Ti which has 6GB of VRAM, I do still have my 960 BUT it's a 4GB model not sure it's worth testing as most people bought the 2GB variant 

On 11/18/2019 at 11:45 AM, nate said:
Confirmed working with dome fix. Ran into a couple issues. Followed the readme and got a VCRuntime140.dll error. Need to install latest MS Visual C++ 2015 Redist Update. (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=52685 )
Also, after running the game 1st time after following the dome fix readme I got the following error
error.png?width=400&height=199

I deleted the unpacked folder that was created following the readme and then all was good to go.

I keep getting that dang VCRuntime140.dll error and i have already installed the redist update as well as manually installing the dll and i have rebooted the computer a few times but i keep getting the runtime error when i execute the createdomemap.exe.   any ideas on what to do?

Modifié par mviars

@mviars   Use Teknoparrot to run game, no errors

On 12/12/2019 at 11:40 PM, soso92 said:

After several tests and following the tutorial at the link below:
I arrived at this result (see the 2 attached files)
There is better
I have the impression that when we change the resolution the modification is not modified and that the game remains in the same display.
ResX = 1280
ResY = 720

This option greatly reduces the quality of the game but if you set the value False then the game is really very ugly with absence of textures as if there was no more light
DynamicLights = True

Now the mission of the Endor forest is much more playable and faster I just have some small slowdowns on the very first seconds

SWArcSystemSettings.ini

LOTDSystemSettings.ini

Yes, is great options you can change to make game run for our PC need.

I change some option that put screen just half and look from side :-D

The only issue have is black bar on botton, dome itĹ› ok, but can't go to fullscreen (taskbar still visible).

Any way to expand to full screen?

1 hour ago, mviars said:

Yes twice before but if you look at my first post just above you'll see im trying to install the dome effect fix but i keep getting the vcruntime error even after I installed the proper files. 

I had the same problem, if you followed the instructions for the dome effect fix you will have a folder called unpacked. In the folder you will have the original startup.upk and the new one. Rename the original startup.upk to startup(ori).upk in the unpacked folder as well. 

18 hours ago, mviars said:

but i keep getting the runtime error when i execute the createdomemap.exe

1. Drag and drop your Startup.upk (it is inside SWArcGame\CookedPCConsole) onto decompress.exe

2. Copy CreateDomeMap.exe into the new created unpacked folder SWArcGame\CookedPCConsole\unpacked
3. Run CreateDomeMap.exe
4. Copy Startup-new.upk into SWArcGame\CookedPCConsole
5. Rename Startup.upk as Startup-ori.upk
6. Rename Start-new.upk as Startup.up

7. Remove the unpacked folder and files in it when you are done

Modifié par petje

Hi, first thanks to all that contributed information and coding to getting this game to work, I've been waiting a few years eager to play this at home! I got the game working fine more or less... except for the "break" action :(  as someone was pointing out before in this thread there isn't a controller assignment for "break", only "throttle", so I thought that by assigning it to a analogue stick pulling backwards or to the sides would do the trick, but unfortunately it doesn't work... (the Endor forest stage requires this action specifically at one point and it never worked for me) did anyone else get it working? For reference I'm using TeknoParrotUi, the domefix, and starting the game through an executable that changes the video to fullscreen and higher resolution. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Modifié par JGalaxy

22 hours ago, maloney said:

I had the same problem, if you followed the instructions for the dome effect fix you will have a folder called unpacked. In the folder you will have the original startup.upk and the new one. Rename the original startup.upk to startup(ori).upk in the unpacked folder as well. 

That is not how it comes out for me after dropping the startup.upk onto the decompress file I do get a unpacked folder that has only one file named startup.upk then I copied the CreateDomeMap file to that folder as outline in the directions then I execute the CreateDomeMap file and then the VCruntime140 error comes up

21 hours ago, petje said:

1. Drag and drop your Startup.upk (it is inside SWArcGame\CookedPCConsole) onto decompress.exe

2. Copy CreateDomeMap.exe into the new created unpacked folder SWArcGame\CookedPCConsole\unpacked
3. Run CreateDomeMap.exe
4. Copy Startup-new.upk into SWArcGame\CookedPCConsole
5. Rename Startup.upk as Startup-ori.upk
6. Rename Start-new.upk as Startup.up

7. Remove the unpacked folder and files in it when you are done

at step 3 the vcruntime140 error happens

Modifié par mviars

All working now thanks to those whom offered help. Just curious though what would make this play better. Faster processor or better graphics card? I see there is a lower resolution and effects fix to help with choppiness but wondering if anyone has it running pretty smooth at normal settings and what computer specs you may have.

Modifié par mviars
Better explanation