Aller au contenu

[Arcade PC] Star Wars: Battle Pods (Namco System ES3)

sky2310

Messages recommandés

1 hour ago, Gtguy said:

Saw the Star Wars Battle Pod Flat Screen Edition at Dave and Busters.   That would have been much easier to start with.  

Nice for you

You buy it, dump the data and share it publicly ? 

No ?

Shame on you !

On 09/10/2021 at 9:50 PM, skyewelse said:

Sorry for the double-post, but I figured I could be of some help to @skatanafas if they were still looking to get this to work. I believe I have it working correctly now for me. 

I would start by grabbing the pre-patched file linked in the description of this youtube video here: 

Then, apply the version 5 domefix patch, dragging the two needed files to the decompress.exe file and renaming the old ones, et cetera. 

Then run the game using the 4K Auto SWArcade.exe that loads TeknoparrotUI and then the StarWars Battle Pod profile and make sure that it is located in your root directory of Teknoparrot. As long as your game is setup so that it exists in a "Games" directory within you Teknoparrot folder, it should load just fine, full screen with the dome fix and in 4K. Of course though, just like with most Teknoparrot stuff, getting your anti-virus software to cooperate with files is a step too as well as running everything as Administrator. 

Hope this helps!

I have this game in full screen and flat with no problem without needing any of that.

Sem_t%C3%ADtulo5.png?1637953385

Sem_t%C3%ADtulo.png?1637953123

Sem_t%C3%ADtulo1.png?1637953156

Sem_t%C3%ADtulo2.png?1637953192

Sem_t%C3%ADtulo3.png?1637953227

Sem_t%C3%ADtulo4.png?1637953272

Sem_t%C3%ADtulo6.png?1637953465

• 1 mois après...
  • 1 mois après...
On 1/5/2020 at 4:46 PM, ducon2016 said:

My patch only works for 1920x1080 and lower resolutions with the exact same aspect ratio. It does NOT work for higher resolutions, and for differing aspect ratios unfortunately. For those I recommend using different patches/solutions.

What kind of patch solution would you recommend for a 5120x1440? For those that have ultra wide monitors.

• 1 mois après...
20 hours ago, dukepapas said:

i think the full screen its inside this package because i dont understand how i can use it to fix this

If I remember correctly, changes were made to some files in the CookedPCConsole folder. The modified files were: Startup.upk, SWArcGame. They used two small programs called: CreateDomeMap.exe, decompress.exe. I still have them, but I don't remember how this process was done.

In the main post, there are the necessary files and how to do the process.

Modifié par xtremebuga

• 4 semaines après...

Hey, quick question (I suspect the answer's going to be 'no'...), is there any way to get this to run on a 32bit PC or is it 64bit only? I stuck an old GPU I had going spare into my Bartop arcade cabinet at the weekend, which previously was just running MAME and a load of old console emulators via the (ancient) PC inside on it's integrated graphics via Windows 7. I've had mixed results trying to run some slightly more up-to-date stuff since adding a video card to it. I've gone back through the thread and can't see any mention of anyone getting Star Wars BP running on a 32bit system. No Biggie if it's not possible, would just look pretty awesome on it if it is.

Hi there @MrThunderwing, greetings from Germany!

Long time no see, bud, and so I hope you're alright.

Well, the bad news in regard to your question is that unfortunately I'm not able anymore to check if Star Wars' Battle Pods is working in a Windows 32-Bit system environment, because my PC configuration has finally changed for the good again (check my profile to find out more); but the potentially good thing is that according to this site here...

https://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Arcade_emulators (under section "Converted PC Hardware")

...only Taito Type X³ is specifically listed as being based on an embedded Windows 7 64-Bit, while Battle Pods' Namco System ES3, among others, is specified with just an embedded Windows 7 (without the Bit amount being said, which, in other words, could imply that 32-Bit is used with it).

So I'd say chances are quite good that you'll find out to be a lucky guy once your pod engine is ready to take off on your old Bartop Arcade Cabinet. I'll keep those fingers crossed for you anyway. 🙂

Hey buddy, greetings to you too! I generally visit the forum fairly frequently, but I'm not an especially active poster - pretty much every arcade game I've ever wanted to play has been cracked now (which is kinda crazy when you think about it).

I've had no success getting Battlepod working on my Barcade, it keeps saying it's not compatible with the version of Windows I've got. I'm having to try it through J-Config as I can't get Teknoparrot to work at all on the Barcade (it keeps saying I need to install .net framework, but everytime I try the installation fails. I think it might be because I turned Windows automatic updates off on 5he Barcade about 6 years ago...)

Anyway, no biggie if I can't get Battlepod working on it. I can still play it just fine on my main PC 👍

What a pity that those Battle Pods refuse to work on your preferred setup for that game. And I thought the omens were good, due to the gametechwiki contribution I had linked for you. So your last chance might indeed be to give your Barcade Windows 7 system the ultimate boost by updating it to the max. At least I can say that I still made use of a fully updated Windows 7 (32-Bit) on my old PC when that operating system was no longer supported (for even more than a year, in fact), and it wasn't to the detriment of all those Arcade games as they still continued to operate properly.

As far as I'm concerned - and in terms of Arcade games -, I'm surely lagging behind, because at the moment I feel a strong need to catch up on all those interesting and technically demanding PC games I had to do without for almost a decade, since I held on to my Dual Core machine for an unbelievably long time (from Autumn 2009 until Summer 2021, to be precise). But hey, even Initial D Arcade Stage 8 Infinity ran flawlessly on that oldie, so there wasn't that much to complain about, actually. Even Lindbergh emulation in regard to Outrun 2 SP SDX (and others) didn't disappoint at all, which, of course, is a game that I always associate with you, the godfather of all Outrun media coverage out there. 👌

Ha, I like that 'Godfather of all Outrun media' title 👑 Although I can't get Teknoparrot working on the Barcade, the PC version of Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast does (it was actually working on the old integrated graphics setup, but only at 640x480 at 30fps, whereas now it's in proper full HD at 60fps). I'm actually still using the 64bit version of Windows 7 on my main PC. If it ain't broke and all that...

In a last ditch attempt to get TP working on the barcade, I tried getting the last Windows 7 update to automatically download and install, but Windows keeps coming up with an error. Tried manually downloading and installing, but then Windows says the version I'm using 'isn't applicable to this PC', even though it is the right version.

Without the update, I can't install .net framework and without that no TP. Tried numerous workarounds to get the update to install, but none of them work. I've gone round and round in circles with it so much now, I've just now accepted it's never going to work, and handed in the towel. Shame, as, as well as Star Wars BP,  I'd have liked Sega Race TV and Afterburner Climax on it. On the plus side though, I've managed to get H2Overdrive working on it using J-Config and Aliens Extermination in the standalone launcher for it, which were 2 titles I really wanted working.

1 hour ago, MrThunderwing said:

Ha, I like that 'Godfather of all Outrun media' title 👑 Although I can't get Teknoparrot working on the Barcade, the PC version of Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast does (it was actually working on the old integrated graphics setup, but only at 640x480 at 30fps, whereas now it's in proper full HD at 60fps). I'm actually still using the 64bit version of Windows 7 on my main PC. If it ain't broke and all that...

In a last ditch attempt to get TP working on the barcade, I tried getting the last Windows 7 update to automatically download and install, but Windows keeps coming up with an error. Tried manually downloading and installing, but then Windows says the version I'm using 'isn't applicable to this PC', even though it is the right version.

Without the update, I can't install .net framework and without that no TP. Tried numerous workarounds to get the update to install, but none of them work. I've gone round and round in circles with it so much now, I've just now accepted it's never going to work, and handed in the towel. Shame, as, as well as Star Wars BP,  I'd have liked Sega Race TV and Afterburner Climax on it. On the plus side though, I've managed to get H2Overdrive working on it using J-Config and Aliens Extermination in the standalone launcher for it, which were 2 titles I really wanted working.

UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 10 

easy to use just like win 7  + remember to download gforce experience + direct x + C++ all 

i like your Account your YouTube channel, and your comments on different forums  🙏 thanks

@MrThunderwing

Joy and sorrow of the sophisticated modern day Arcade-to-PC gamer are often so close to each other, as you vividly describe it within your latest post. Due to the lack of sophistication in that field - call me a purist, in fact -, personally I still don't feel the need for anything that goes beyond a pure Teknoparrot (or JConfig) installation in combination with a simple game icon (that I usually take from the Arcade flyer jpg) for an automatic game start - and ready I am for my "ultimate" Arcade experience. No Hyperspin, no cabinet, no special sticks. Oh yeah, maybe I should evolve, but only time can tell if that will ever happen. 😀

Thanks for the link to the video and also the kind words @Omar2 it's appreciated!

Hmmm, I feel like I might not be at quite at the point I want to completely upgrade my entire OS on the barcade, as at the end of the day I've more-or-less got everything working I wanted bar a small handful of games, and I would hate to upgrade and find it messed something up that was previously working. I'm liking the fact the video's only 5 minutes long though, so I'll definitely give it a watch and have a good long hard think about it 👍

• 1 mois après...
On 5/2/2022 at 7:41 PM, SpookyGnu said:

I can't seem to get the fullscreen downloads working?

I can get full screen to work with the little hacks from the main post. However what they do is just change your screen's resolution to 1080p and launch the game. The issue that when you exit, the resolution doesn't go back to its original setting

I'm not sure at what resolution the game is running.

I edited the DefaultSystemSettings.ini to 1280x720 and deleted the files on MyGames>UnrealEngine3>SWArcGame>Config

...but after I exit the game and check those files again, SWArcSystemSettings.ini has the resolution at 3520x1980 !

• 1 mois après...
  • 2 semaines après...
  • 3 semaines après...
1 minute ago, ultimatepump said:

Is Windows 10 the problem?  I try dragging the 2 files onto decompress and nothing happens.  No folder is created.

I believe u have to create the folder and then decompress which will create new files. 

• 2 semaines après...

It's been awhile since running this game, I have a 'lesser' capable PC and would like to get this game to run smoother on it.  It runs ok but is a little choppy. (Ryzen 5 5600g APU)

Can someone recommend values I can change in BaseSystemSettings.ini that will improve performance?

Modifié par drewjbs

On 11/16/2019 at 10:57 PM, spiderzsoft said:

@soso92

many friends asking me about low res setting.... here is the Res Setting

• Patth: \Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\SWArcGame\Config\SWArcSystemSettings.ini

ResX=3520 
ResY=1980  

this is actual setting.... so change what you want....  640X480 work perfect for my old CRT  :very-good:

• For best performance use OpenGL True

AllowOpenGL=False

• For Hide RSLauncher.exe title durning game... Fullscreen True

Fullscreen=False

sorry for bad English :timide:
hope you understand what i mean it... Thanks

Ok I was a little lazy... found spiderzsoft's post on page 4

Salut, j'arrive a lancer le jeu, mais ensuite impossible de faire quoi que ce soit, plus aucune touche ne fonctionne, ma manette ou mon hotas est bien reconnu au moins d'attribuer les touches, mais une fois en jeu, rien ne se passe, je précise que j'ai rien touché et qu'avant ça fonctionnais parfaitement

Une idée?

• 2 semaines après...
On 17-11-2019 at 07:57, spiderzsoft said:

@soso92

many friends asking me about low res setting.... here is the Res Setting

• Patth: \Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\SWArcGame\Config\SWArcSystemSettings.ini

ResX=3520 
ResY=1980  

this is actual setting.... so change what you want....  640X480 work perfect for my old CRT  :very-good:

• For best performance use OpenGL True

AllowOpenGL=False

• For Hide RSLauncher.exe title durning game... Fullscreen True

Fullscreen=False

sorry for bad English :timide:
hope you understand what i mean it... Thanks

I tried this on my 15 khz crtk ,  when i set  AllowOpenGL=true    the game crash at start 

when i set 640 x 480 in the ini it changes the setting back ResX=3520 & ResY=1980  when i reopen the ini after closing the game.

the game runs but not fullscreen & i can still see the windows taskbar 

• 1 mois après...

Hello Just tried to play this game.  I got the basics set up, and the game starts because I can hear the music, but the gameplay window actually doesn't go full screen.  In fact, I don't see the gameplay screen at all.  Only when I scroll through all my open windows do I see there is a star wars battle pod window open (but I guess kind of minimized), but here another crazy thing.  The screen seems cut in half, like the top half is completely black.  My monitor's native resolution is 3840 x 2160.  I've seen some videos saying to set your resolution to 1920 x 1080, but I tried that and no change.  I've seen another video saying to automatically hide the taskbar but that also didn't help.  Is there a patch or something I need to install?  Thank you.  

• 2 semaines après...

Je viens vers vous car j'ai un soucis avec Teknoparrot. Je l'avais sur mon ordi et tout allait bien. J'ai dû réinstaller tout mon ordi et donc j'ai remis Teknoparrot. Malgré MAJ visual C++ et DirectX dès que je lance Star Wars au moment du" load core" il me sort "Failed to load DLL (error 4)"

Sega rally 3 m'avait fait la même chose et après MAJ DirectX ça marchait bien.

Qu'un aurait-il une solution?

7 minutes ago, STIFLER94130 said:

Je viens vers vous car j'ai un soucis avec Teknoparrot. Je l'avais sur mon ordi et tout allait bien. J'ai dû réinstaller tout mon ordi et donc j'ai remis Teknoparrot. Malgré MAJ visual C++ et DirectX dès que je lance Star Wars au moment du" load core" il me sort "Failed to load DLL (error 4)"

Sega rally 3 m'avait fait la même chose et après MAJ DirectX ça marchait bien.

Qu'un aurait-il une solution?

ask on teknoparrot discord ull receive better results. also try to re-extract ur dump might be missing files. also ensure the u have everything updated direct x, graphics card, visual basic c++ all of it. 

Modifié par RetrnArcGamer35

Il y a 21 heures, RetrnArcGamer35 a dit :

ask on teknoparrot discord ull receive better results. also try to re-extract ur dump might be missing files. also ensure the u have everything updated direct x, graphics card, visual basic c++ all of it. 

J'ai discuté avec les programmeurs de Teknoparrot hier soir. On a pas trouvé le problème. J'ai réinstallé tout Windows 10+ Teknoparrot + directx.... et ca fonctionne maintenant. Le dump est bon car il tourne sur mon autre ordinateur

• 1 mois après...