Aller au contenu

[Arcade PC] Dance Dance Revolution A20 (Konami)

palitroque

Messages recommandés

1 hour ago, DDRMarvel said:

Thank you very much for the clarification.  And yeah, I noticed the S.L.U.T. is the pack, the P.U.S.S.I.E.  the execution. I also found that after running the execution, I could just run spice.exe to run the game without having to run P.U.S.S.I.E. again and again. Is this accurate?

Forgot to mention that initially, when trying to run In SD mode, the resolution was causing the CRT to freak out and not display correctly. Even when I made sure I was choosing option 3 which was Blue A20 SD mode according to the options available. Not sure what that was about.

You mention the options of fast/slow, darkest background are available I'm butterfly or spicetools. Would someone be willing to share how to go about executing these mods in either program just in case? Screenshots preferred . I'll look around too when I get a chance.

Also saw the directions regarding paseli. I always play either on free play or event mode (mainly event mode) since I play privately at home. Is this causing me to miss out on anything in Blue A20 that would be available with normal play and paseli?

Thanks again.

I created DDR P.U.S.S.(I.E.) to make it easier for first-timers/newbies to configure and start the game. Ideally you should be using it each and every time. However because it was made with automation in mind, it is not limited to newbies. It's also for experienced users who want everything "one-click." I personally use DDR P.U.S.S.(I.E.) when launching my game.

Usage of DDR P.U.S.S.(I.E.) takes time only during the initial setup, or when you are planning to change your setup. After the initial configuration you may start DDR P.U.S.S.(I.E.) via an "Express" or "Quickie" feature, where it will start the game using "remembered settings" that you initially configured the first time you ran DDR P.U.S.S.(I.E.). It (Express/Quickie Mode) will continue running the same configuration (that you have manually set up initially) in each and every start of the game, until such time that you start DDR P.U.S.S.(I.E.) with the "Full Session" Mode again to reconfigure.

Aside from automation, DDR P.U.S.S.(I.E.) is designed with CLAYGO in mind (Clean-As-You-Go)...meaning, it will "generate" the file/s you need on a per-need basis so you won't necessarily see all the files generated. Also after running DDR P.U.S.S.(I.E.) it performs a cleanup of files not needed (hence CLAYGO). However, the game launcher (launcher.exe of Bemanitools, or spice.exe of Spicetools) may remain after a game session (it can't be cleaned up while you're playing, obviously) so you can also use that to manually launch the game if you wish, however it also means you must not forget to manually launch butterfly too. And also doing it manually means taht whatever launch settings you have configured via DDR P.U.S.S.(I.E.) won't be "remembered" and "applied" when you run spice.exe or launch.exe or butterfly.exe manually (again, obviously).

Also future versions of my work may need to leverage/capitalize on the automation capabilities of DDR P.U.S.S.(I.E.) so users might end up being required to use it regardless of technical aptitude (again, for some future features I have in mind).

Issues with SD Mode and CRT display: I believe this usually happens when you are playing the game on Gold Cab Mode. The official Gold Machine/Cab is crated using a full HD screen so there really isn't an SD mode for it. So if you launch the game by setting it to SD Mode, and you are playing on Gold Cab, then you will see that the resolution or screen area displayed is weird. Or...you may have been using DDR P.U.S.S.(I.E.) and probably selected Gold Cab...and then eventually launched the game manually thinking you are on Blue Cab, hence the "issue." Best to just consistently use DDR P.U.S.S.(I.E.) until you are more familiar. Then again (and again) I have not updated my add-ons/tools for 20200203 use yet, so as mentioned in my previous comment: use at your own risk.

PASELI is Japan's "virtual money" used in playing at arcades and basically grants "Premium Play." Other countries/regions that don't support PASELI can also acces Premium Play but by using physical coins/credits. So it's really a question of Free Play or Event vs. the regular credit game mode.

Within the regular credit game mode, there's "Normal" and "Premium" Modes of Play. Usage of Premium is accessed via extra credits via coins/swipe/PASELI. So to answer your question you are missing out some extra Speed Modifier increments (only Premium Play Mode allows for x0.25 speed increments) as well as access to the Extra Stage (assuming you get to "earn" the 9 "stars" or "orbs" during the first 3 stages).

As I mentioned in my previous response, all my add-ons are not yet properly updated to support 2020-02-03 dump so I will not provide further answers. Whether they are working are officially considered as coincidental.

Instructions on how to set the options directly within butterfly are within this thread (you have to search). Same as with the latest version of Spicetools (you have to search). Hence, do look around when you get the chance.

"Give a man fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach a man how to fish, and you have fed him for a lifetime. Teach a man how to sell fish, and he eats steak!"

Having said that, this is the end of the line for my response. :) This is not paid support, so please don't ask me to provide you with screenshots, etc. unless you have actually shown that you have tried to research/exert effort on your end. :) Quite honestly all your questions have already been answered somewhere within these 40+ pages (yes I literally read all of these pages that's why I got to produce all the stuff you saw. :)).

Modifié par topet2k12001

Alright, I'll dig around.

I did try to follow the directions to apply the patch on the fly with spicetools, but it said "no patch available". Maybe my build isn't a clean install of February's 2020020300 build?

So far I'm digging through the forums and all I see are mentions of February's build using data to overwrite the previous build instead of a full fresh install. And then the fan made version 2020040300. If anyone has a link, feel free to leave it for the fresh February build.

My version prior to trying to use DDR P.U.S.S.I.E. was working fine, just being a pain to have to click through the 9 unlock songs. Otherwise, I had the settings I wanted (from guessing the locations of the hex values for fast/slow and darkest background). I followed where to look originally, but those values weren't in that location. And in my attempts to change the nearest location, it either crashed the game upon load, or didn't get the end result. So I kept trying different locations until it worked. 

Ultimately now just trying to get fast/slow , darkest background, maybe even remove the measure lines. Any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated. I haven't mucked around with butterfly yet. Need to find the link to read up on how to do that. I'll look around, but again if anyone has the link, feel free to share.

Thanks again.

16 hours ago, DDRMarvel said:

Alright, I'll dig around.

I did try to follow the directions to apply the patch on the fly with spicetools, but it said "no patch available". Maybe my build isn't a clean install of February's 2020020300 build?

So far I'm digging through the forums and all I see are mentions of February's build using data to overwrite the previous build instead of a full fresh install. And then the fan made version 2020040300. If anyone has a link, feel free to leave it for the fresh February build.

Yes, it means you are not using the latest, "clean" 20200203 data dump. Please refer to the link provided by @ofmic3andm3n to download a fresh copy.

Okay so...in relation to the latest version of Spicetools that has the "Patch" feature, take note that this is a totally new feature that got included only in the October 13, 2020 release of Spicetools. That said, it's therefore obvious why all previous posts are talking about a totally different procedure.

My version prior to trying to use DDR P.U.S.S.I.E. was working fine, just being a pain to have to click through the 9 unlock songs. Otherwise, I had the settings I wanted (from guessing the locations of the hex values for fast/slow and darkest background). I followed where to look originally, but those values weren't in that location. And in my attempts to change the nearest location, it either crashed the game upon load, or didn't get the end result. So I kept trying different locations until it worked. 

Ultimately now just trying to get fast/slow , darkest background, maybe even remove the measure lines. Any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated. I haven't mucked around with butterfly yet. Need to find the link to read up on how to do that. I'll look around, but again if anyone has the link, feel free to share.

Thanks again.

@tw3nz0r and I already gave you the answers directly: you need to go into the butterfly's database to change the settings you mentioned. As to "how" exactly, you just need to read the instructions written within this thread (HINT: go to Page 11).

Modifié par topet2k12001

Thanks to @topet2k12001 and @tw3nz0r for the tips,today i can play the DDR A20 with the configurations,data and hints you post guys,thanks

I only have one question, how i enable the gold cab type on the clean data of 2020020300 with the hex editor?,i read some post but i dont undestand how to find the offsets or something like that (also i have the hex editor compilation) but i dont understand at all how to use it

Modifié par GAMAXEDGE26

hace 1 hora, GAMAXEDGE26 dijo:

Thanks to @topet2k12001 and @tw3nz0r for the tips,today i can play the DDR A20 with the configurations,data and hints you post guys,thanks

I only have one question, how i enable the gold cab type on the clean data of 2020020300 with the hex editor?,i read some post but i dont undestand how to find the offsets or something like that (also i have the hex editor compilation) but i dont understand at all how to use it

For a better solution you can join the Discord server, by the way, open the gamemdx.dll with an editor an go to "E118" offset, and change the value to get Gold Cab theme.

EB 71 > FF 24

(if i remember correctly) gl đź‘Ś

50 minutes ago, GAMAXEDGE26 said:

Back in Page 40 there was a separate discussion but it involved showing hex edits so you may want to use it as a guide. Here.

Or if you want a guide to hex editing in general, there is a guide. Here. And then use the spreadsheet I posted earlier as basis since it already lists down the "addresses" that you need to search for.

If you don't want to learn how to hex edit, the latest version of Spicetools already includes a new tab called "Patches." Basically they already have the "hex edits" built-in so all you have to do is to check the appropriate boxes. Note that they published this on October 13, 2020 and is compatible only with the latest data dump (the "clean" 2020-02-03). So if you use anything older, the list of "Patches" won't show up.

Spice Tools has a thread here in Emuline, just do a search.

Latest SpiceTools, October 13, 2020. New feature, "Patches" tab. Shown here is the Spice Configuration (spicecfg.exe) and using the latest data dump (2020-02-03):

screenshot-1603249384.png

Latest SpiceTools, October 13, 2020. New feature, "Patches" tab. Shown here is the Spice Configuration (spicecfg.exe) and using the previous data dump (2019-09-03). Notice that the checkboxes are not available.

screenshot-1603249506.png

hace 24 minutos, B4SH-T dijo:

For a better solution you can join the Discord server, by the way, open the gamemdx.dll with an editor an go to "E118" offset, and change the value to get Gold Cab theme.

EB 71 > FF 24

(if i remember correctly) gl đź‘Ś

thanks @B4SH-T i do it, but the in the clean 20200203  version the default code is FF 24 so i change to EB 71 and the games go to gold theme :D but dont have the BG gold video,i think i need to dowload and place in the game right ?

3 minutes ago, GAMAXEDGE26 said:

thanks @B4SH-T i do it, but the in the clean 20200203  version the default code is FF 24 so i change to EB 71 and the games go to gold theme :D but dont have the BG gold video,i think i need to dowload and place in the game right ?

Yes.

Scroll up on this page, I uploaded my copy of the BG video.

hace 19 horas, topet2k12001 dijo:

Yes.

Scroll up on this page, I uploaded my copy of the BG video.

thanks now i have the golden theme working great

i have questions about the dan courses and the golden league

I already import the SQL files in my save but i dont see the golden league (im new to this version of ddr  jaja)

The grand final in the score of the song appears each time i end a song, i look my save and is this

image.png.43cd01e545b731e7b6905afbffd65922.png

I try to edit the event from 999 to 10 to avoid the grand finale message but dont work,any tip ??

Again thanks for the help :D

12 minutes ago, GAMAXEDGE26 said:

thanks now i have the golden theme working great

i have questions about the dan courses and the golden league

I already import the SQL files in my save but i dont see the golden league (im new to this version of ddr  jaja)

The grand final in the score of the song appears each time i end a song, i look my save and is this

image.png.43cd01e545b731e7b6905afbffd65922.png

I try to edit the event from 999 to 10 to avoid the grand finale message but dont work,any tip ??

Again thanks for the help :D

Visit the Wiki of my butterfly build in Github.

https://github.com/topet2k12001/butterfly/wiki

6 minutes ago, GAMAXEDGE26 said:

@topet2k12001

Ok i see and configured the golden league but what about the grand finale ?? i want to remove the message in the song score, and A20 plus songs can be played in some of the realeses (2020020300 or 2019042200) also what happened to the heat power ?

• Removal of Grand Finale curtain animation: you're editing the wrong database table. Should be "ddr16_global_events." Event #47.
  • 20190422 is NOT A20. It is DDR Ace (DDR A). This is the DDR A20 thread. The download link at the very first page is 20190422 which is DDR A and NOT DDR A20. Unfortunately I'm not the OP of this thread so I can't update that.
  • Heat Power is only in DDR Ace. Starting A20 there is no more Heat Power. This is the DDR A20 thread.
  • I just created another thread for DDR A20 (something that I can personally update), since I'm not the OP of this thread. Here is the link: click!
Modifié par topet2k12001

• 2 semaines après...
3 minutes ago, KenetCF said:

Hi there , the start button is not working for me , I insert coins with the service but the start is not working , I tried bingind 3 differents hotkeys but no result... please help

On 10/23/2020 at 3:58 PM, 7zxkv said:

DDR A20 2020 version ONLY on this THREAD

for old release, use this current thread.

• 1 mois après...

I want to register the virtual cards on the konami site or gate.eamuse.network but its says that "the card is not registered on the network" i want to know that url cuz i use spice tools and in the "service url" i use this "http://barru.wtf" i want to know the gate.eamuse.network url can some1 help me

18 hours ago, rhythemgameentusiast said:

I want to register the virtual cards on the konami site or gate.eamuse.network but its says that "the card is not registered on the network" i want to know that url cuz i use spice tools and in the "service url" i use this "http://barru.wtf" i want to know the gate.eamuse.network url can some1 help me

You can't register virtual cards with the eAmuse site.

• 3 semaines après...

Heyy guys ive read some of the posts and just wondering on how i can get latest ddr a20 and add songs like silly love that were added back in july 2020 just wondering if theres an update for it or do i have to manually search for update myself

• 1 mois après...
On 8/10/2019 at 12:21 AM, palitroque said:

DDR_A20_Logo.png

UGH!!!!! I NEED MORE MEMORY to store (put to my PC) this game...

CRRRRRRY.......

Modifié par JerryRat

DDR_A20_Logo.png

these files are Expansion or Full Game??

• 3 semaines après...

DDR_A20_Logo.png

https://mega.nz/#F!KuJDUYKI!t3b7OTVH0L0XeUYESok0bw

(use spicetools)

EDIT: Updated version in  2020 here

Compatible on PS1 or PS2 dance mat??

• 2 semaines après...
On 4/17/2020 at 5:10 AM, Inuyasha11 said:

no one alternative site because the torrent is slow downloading

On 2/27/2021 at 4:15 AM, GKennon said:

hi how do i get DDR A DB Manager v3.52 to work

-open ddra db manager

-open the startup.arc. its in contents\data\arc

i don't think it works properly right now. i removed some songs, then save and repack. now ddr a20 wont launch

upon inspection, the startup.arc increases size from 113kb to 630kb. it wasnt like this before. why's that?

On 3/2/2021 at 11:22 AM, Darkfeline said:

-open ddra db manager

-open the startup.arc. its in contents\data\arc

i don't think it works properly right now. i removed some songs, then save and repack. now ddr a20 wont launch

upon inspection, the startup.arc increases size from 113kb to 630kb. it wasnt like this before. why's that?

ya DDR A and A20 wont launch for me too

oops... new problem??

[2021/03/07 00:15:18] W:signal: exception raised: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
[2021/03/07 00:15:18] I:signal: printing callstack
[2021/03/07 00:15:19] I:stackwalker: 6ECEF0BF (gamemdx): (unknown): gameMain
[2021/03/07 00:15:19] I:stackwalker: 6ECEE8D0 (gamemdx): (unknown): gameMain
[2021/03/07 00:15:19] I:stackwalker: 6EC6263E (gamemdx): (unknown): (unknown)
[2021/03/07 00:15:19] I:stackwalker: 6ED69C85 (gamemdx): (unknown): gameMain
[2021/03/07 00:15:19] I:stackwalker: 6ED69DE9 (gamemdx): (unknown): gameMain
[2021/03/07 00:15:19] I:stackwalker: 6EC632AC (gamemdx): (unknown): (unknown)
[2021/03/07 00:15:19] I:stackwalker: 6EC63444 (gamemdx): (unknown): (unknown)
[2021/03/07 00:15:19] I:stackwalker: 6EC638C8 (gamemdx): (unknown): gameMain
[2021/03/07 00:15:19] I:stackwalker: 10001DCA (arkmdxp3): (unknown): (unknown)
[2021/03/07 00:15:19] I:stackwalker: 1000309D (arkmdxp3): (unknown): (unknown)
[2021/03/07 00:15:19] I:stackwalker: 0044B9B3 (spice): (unknown): (unknown)
[2021/03/07 00:15:19] I:stackwalker: 007500A0 (spice): (unknown): (unknown)
[2021/03/07 00:15:19] I:stackwalker: 00401386 (spice): (unknown): (unknown)
[2021/03/07 00:15:19] I:stackwalker: 767DFA29 (KERNEL32): (unknown): BaseThreadInitThunk
[2021/03/07 00:15:19] I:stackwalker: 77B376B4 (ntdll): (unknown): RtlGetAppContainerNamedObjectPath
[2021/03/07 00:15:19] I:stackwalker: 77B37684 (ntdll): (unknown): RtlGetAppContainerNamedObjectPath
[2021/03/07 00:15:19] F:signal: end
[2021/03/07 00:15:19] I:launcher: stopping subsystems
[2021/03/07 00:15:19] I:logger: stop
[2021/03/07 00:15:20] I:rawinput: disposing devices

8 hours ago, JerryRat said:

oops... new problem??

[2021/03/07 00:15:18] W:signal: exception raised: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
[2021/03/07 00:15:18] I:signal: printing callstack
[2021/03/07 00:15:19] I:stackwalker: 6ECEF0BF (gamemdx): (unknown): gameMain
[2021/03/07 00:15:19] I:stackwalker: 6ECEE8D0 (gamemdx): (unknown): gameMain
[2021/03/07 00:15:19] I:stackwalker: 6EC6263E (gamemdx): (unknown): (unknown)
[2021/03/07 00:15:19] I:stackwalker: 6ED69C85 (gamemdx): (unknown): gameMain
[2021/03/07 00:15:19] I:stackwalker: 6ED69DE9 (gamemdx): (unknown): gameMain
[2021/03/07 00:15:19] I:stackwalker: 6EC632AC (gamemdx): (unknown): (unknown)
[2021/03/07 00:15:19] I:stackwalker: 6EC63444 (gamemdx): (unknown): (unknown)
[2021/03/07 00:15:19] I:stackwalker: 6EC638C8 (gamemdx): (unknown): gameMain
[2021/03/07 00:15:19] I:stackwalker: 10001DCA (arkmdxp3): (unknown): (unknown)
[2021/03/07 00:15:19] I:stackwalker: 1000309D (arkmdxp3): (unknown): (unknown)
[2021/03/07 00:15:19] I:stackwalker: 0044B9B3 (spice): (unknown): (unknown)
[2021/03/07 00:15:19] I:stackwalker: 007500A0 (spice): (unknown): (unknown)
[2021/03/07 00:15:19] I:stackwalker: 00401386 (spice): (unknown): (unknown)
[2021/03/07 00:15:19] I:stackwalker: 767DFA29 (KERNEL32): (unknown): BaseThreadInitThunk
[2021/03/07 00:15:19] I:stackwalker: 77B376B4 (ntdll): (unknown): RtlGetAppContainerNamedObjectPath
[2021/03/07 00:15:19] I:stackwalker: 77B37684 (ntdll): (unknown): RtlGetAppContainerNamedObjectPath
[2021/03/07 00:15:19] F:signal: end
[2021/03/07 00:15:19] I:launcher: stopping subsystems
[2021/03/07 00:15:19] I:logger: stop
[2021/03/07 00:15:20] I:rawinput: disposing devices

i got the some if i do soming to  startup.arc.

On 3/7/2021 at 9:08 AM, GKennon said:

i got the some if i do soming to  startup.arc.

it's ok now just re-register the cmd and clear save data on butterfly

On 12/03/2021 at 1:32 PM, skytrapalasmr said:

Hello is the Discord stil around as I tried joining and it is blank? Also I got the game working and showing one Extra Song when I meet requirments but the Events and score is not saving I am using Butterfly and Bemanitools is that normal?

go to this page

• 1 mois après...
En 19/7/2020 a las 5:54, kanor dijo:

We haven't heard of "GOAT" but if it's "offset" that you're talking about (because when changing the game to "Gold Cab" mode the timing gets ruined), the answer is: we do it manually. See my post either Page 14 or 16.

EDIT:

When playing the game on the default "Blue Cab" mode, we have observed the timing to be just fine. No adjustments needed.

EDIT:

I believe the "DDR A20 Update Pack" is already modified to suit that timing change (on "Gold Cab" mode only).

Hi!

Do you know how to include more songs (first versions of DDR) to this DDR?

Many thanks !

Invité
Ce sujet ne peut plus recevoir de nouvelles réponses.
  • CrĂ©er...