Aller au contenu

[Arcade PC] Dance Dance Revolution A20 (Konami)

palitroque

Messages recommandés

Updated DDR A.S.S.

Version 1.0.2

August 13, 2020

FIX: files are being flagged by anti-virus ("false positive"); adjusted script so that files are renamed without numbers.

click me!

How to use: put DDR A.S.S. right inside your main game folder ("contents") and run it as a regular user (DO NOT RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR!).

On 8/8/2020 at 9:39 AM, topet2k12001 said:

That is a "false positive." It's because I renamed some files inside the script to not have a file extension. Windows Defender is quick to flag files without file extensions as potentially malicious.

EDIT: revised version here (click me!)

Version 1.0.1

August 8, 2020

FIX: files are being flagged by anti-virus ("false positive"); changed to named files with file extensions

Modifié par topet2k12001

DDR A20 Update Pack new release!

Same link! Click me!

Version 1.1.5
August 14, 2020

1. FIX: [ddr.exe] "Network is Busy" or "Verification failed. Please check your card" errors during card registration upon first-run of the game. Now, users can directly "scan" their "cards" and go through the registration process without encountering the said errors.
  2. FIX: [A20 Update Pack] thumbnails for A20 songs are missing. Re-uploaded thumbnails (credit to @tw3nz0r).
  3. NEW: [A20 Update Pack User Guide] updated user guide, now version 1.2.0
  4. NEW: [A20 Update Pack User Guide] removed MS Word version of the guide; keep only the PDF version (smaller size, better readability)

image.png.8f0002099670892e5ec5321d352b99d6.png

image.png.680c31a27a8f7b342eb1e890e5ebdb06.png

On 8/12/2020 at 10:14 PM, topet2k12001 said:

Same link! Click me!

Version 1.1.4

Date: August 12, 2020

1. NEW: selection to launch Spicetools Configuration and Bemanitools Configuration for first-time use, as well as option to skip them
  2. NEW: selection for allowing users to use their own-modified gamemdx.dll
  3. NEW: version information is now clearly written in the introduction part
  4. NEW: rewritten reminder about running the game more than once initially
  5. NEW: upon launch, DDR.exe will check if butterfly is currently running and will exit and delete it
  6. NEW: Instructional guide/walkthrough document has been created, in MS Word and in PDF formats (document version: 1.0.0)

image.png.c57e3707a18e614921ca64fded383edd.png

Updated DDR A.S.S.

Version 1.1.0

August 14, 2020

Download: click me!

1. NEW: DDR A.S.S. now works for both DDR A and A20 data dump
  2. NEW: version bump to 1.1.0 due to expansion of compatibility

How to use: put DDR A.S.S. right inside your main game folder ("contents") and run it as a regular user (DO NOT RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR!).

image.png.74733bdfcee0760678de4cb5a3235fc5.png

11 hours ago, topet2k12001 said:

Updated DDR A.S.S.

Version 1.0.2

August 13, 2020

FIX: files are being flagged by anti-virus ("false positive"); adjusted script so that files are renamed without numbers.

click me!

Same link! Click me!

There will be no more updates coming in to DDR Ace so we decided to publish the latest and final DDR A Update Pack which includes "DDR Ace Final" data/snapshot. DDR A20, on the other hand, is still active.

This calls for a unification of the game launchers of both games.

And as such, we are proud to present to you, the unified version of ddr.exe and we gave it a proper, appropriate, and meaningful name.

Presenting: DDR Programmed User-Selectable Setup (Improved Execution)

[DDR P.U.S.S.(I.E.)]

Below are the noteworthy characteristics of DDR P.U.S.S.(I.E.):

• Integrated: This unified tool now works for both DDR Ace and DDR A20! Less files to maintain!
  • User-Selectable: as you can see from the recent releases, we listened to your feedback and implemented "the gift of choice!" Options to set up or skip set up of Spicetools/Bemanitools, option to use your own gamemdx.dll, various options on gaming mode (HD or SD, fullscreen or windowed)
  • Improved Execution: the DDR P.U.S.S.(I.E.) code has been reviewed to cut down on some unnecessary wait times, pauses, and text.

Version 1.2.0
August 15, 2020

1. NEW: [DDR P.U.S.S.(I.E.)] tool is now unified to support both DDR Ace and A20
  2. NEW: [DDR P.U.S.S.(I.E.)] improved execution - reviewed run times and reduced unnecessary pauses, waits, and text
  3. NEW: [DDR P.U.S.S.(I.E.)] version bump to 1.2.0 due to expansion of compatibility (now supports both DDR Ace and A20)
  4. NEW: [DDR P.U.S.S.(I.E.)] updated Bemanitools to Version 3.52
  5. NEW: [DDR Update Pack User Guide] updated document to version 1.2.0; revised to align to consolidation (document applies to both DDR Ace and A20)

image.png

22 hours ago, topet2k12001 said:

Same link! Click me!

Version 1.1.5
August 14, 2020

1. FIX: [ddr.exe] "Network is Busy" or "Verification failed. Please check your card" errors during card registration upon first-run of the game. Now, users can directly "scan" their "cards" and go through the registration process without encountering the said errors.
  2. FIX: [A20 Update Pack] thumbnails for A20 songs are missing. Re-uploaded thumbnails (credit to @tw3nz0r).
  3. NEW: [A20 Update Pack User Guide] updated user guide, now version 1.2.0
  4. NEW: [A20 Update Pack User Guide] removed MS Word version of the guide; keep only the PDF version (smaller size, better readability)

image.png.8f0002099670892e5ec5321d352b99d6.png

image.png.680c31a27a8f7b342eb1e890e5ebdb06.png

Modifié par topet2k12001

10 hours ago, Patchiu said:

Thanks for the continuous updates!

But I have had a problem with the latest 1.2.0 update, where the DDR A20 folder is renamed depending on the folder it enters.

<snip>

Hi,

1. What is the "game date" of your game: does it say 2019042200 (usually the folder itself is named to the date)?
  2. When did you first see this happen on your game?

@Patchiu can you try downloading it again and see if it works now? I uploaded my personal copy; that should do the trick.

Modifié par topet2k12001

9 hours ago, topet2k12001 said:

Hi,

1. What is the "game date" of your game: does it say 2019042200 (usually the folder itself is named to the date)?

@Patchiu can you try downloading it again and see if it works now? I uploaded my personal copy; that should do the trick.

2019090300 you mean ? :P

2 minutes ago, TrialMacameau said:

2019090300 you mean ? :P

I know what I asked. I purposely put in 2019042200 as part of the question because one of the common errors is when users tend to apply the DDR A20 Update Pack on DDR Ace data (2019042200). Plus the link on the first page of this thread is 2019042200 (which is DDR Ace data, but posted on a DDR A20 thread) so it adds up to the possibility of committing the said error.

9 minutes ago, topet2k12001 said:

I know what I asked. I purposely put in 2019042200 as part of the question because one of the common errors is when users tend to apply the DDR A20 Update Pack on DDR Ace data (2019042200). Plus the link on the first page of this thread is 2019042200 (which is DDR Ace data, but posted on a DDR A20 thread) so it adds up to the possibility of committing the said error.

Ah My bad

1 hour ago, topet2k12001 said:

Mine does that only on Gold Cab mode after the 1.1.4 update. Not a game breaker for me. 

hace 12 horas, topet2k12001 dijo:

Hi,

Hi! First I started with a clean installation of MDX-001-2019090300 + Update Pack 1.0.8 and up until then, everything worked perfect. From there, I updated to version 1.1.4 and that error had already appeared. Then I installed 1.1.5 and later 1.2.0, but the error kept continuing.

I deleted everything, did a clean install of MDX-001-2019090300 + Update Pack 1.0.8 and everything is still perfect again. Later, to test to see if the error continued, I made another folder with MDX-001-2019090300 + Update Pack 1.2.0, but the error is still present.

30 minutes ago, Patchiu said:

Hi! First I started with a clean installation of MDX-001-2019090300 + Update Pack 1.0.8 and up until then, everything worked perfect. From there, I updated to version 1.1.4 and that error had already appeared. Then I installed 1.1.5 and later 1.2.0, but the error kept continuing.

I deleted everything, did a clean install of MDX-001-2019090300 + Update Pack 1.0.8 and everything is still perfect again. Later, to test to see if the error continued, I made another folder with MDX-001-2019090300 + Update Pack 1.2.0, but the error is still present.

2 hours ago, Taitox3 said:

Mine does that only on Gold Cab mode after the 1.1.4 update. Not a game breaker for me. 

Thanks for the details. I find it strange though because the actual "Update Pack" (the "contents" folder and all the files within it) haven't been modified since the first time I put it up. What is actively updated/modified is actually the launcher (the .exe). The "contents" folder is updated only when there are newly-available songs, courses, or events.

Anyway I just re-uploaded my personal copies so that should fix it. Please try again and let me know @Taitox3 and @Patchiu

Modifié par topet2k12001

Hi Everyone,

We have received feedback about the "A20" title on the "Mix" folder view where it "changes" its title to another "Mix."

After some manual troubleshooting and inspection, it appears that some incorrect data got uploaded on to the A20 Update Pack. This may have happened since Update Pack version 1.1.4 onward as per user feedback.

I have re-uploaded a clean backup copy of the A20 Update Pack. Please to download again. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Modifié par topet2k12001

hace 41 minutos, topet2k12001 dijo:

Hi Everyone,

We have received feedback about the "A20" title on the "Mix" folder view where it "changes" its title to another "Mix."

After some manual troubleshooting and inspection, it appears that some incorrect data got uploaded on to the A20 Update Pack. This may have happened since Update Pack version 1.1.4 onward as per user feedback.

I have re-uploaded a clean backup copy of the A20 Update Pack. Please to download again. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Now yes, it works perfect without problems!

The only detail, a false positive from Windows Defender with the DDR P.U.S.S.(I.E.).exe file.
Thank you very much for being in all the details!

Modifié par Patchiu

2 minutes ago, Patchiu said:

Now yes, it works perfect without problems!

The only detail, a false positive from Windows Defender.
Thank you very much for being in all the details!

Which one is triggering a "false positive" from Windows Defender? Is it DDR P.U.S.S.(I.E.)?

Try to add your DDR game folder to the "Exceptions" in Windows Defender. Is this happening even with version 1.2.0?

hace 9 minutos, topet2k12001 dijo:

Which one is triggering a "false positive" from Windows Defender? Is it DDR P.U.S.S.(I.E.)?

Try to add your DDR game folder to the "Exceptions" in Windows Defender. Is this happening even with version 1.2.0?

When running DDR P.U.S.S.(I.E.).exe, when you try to copy the dll files, Windows Defenders blocks that.

By adding it to the list of exceptions, it is easily solved.

3 minutes ago, Patchiu said:

When running DDR P.U.S.S.(I.E.).exe, when you try to copy the dll files, Windows Defenders blocks that.

By adding it to the list of exceptions, it is easily solved.

Got it, thanks for describing it clearly.

So that "DLL" part of the setup are actually the "regsvr32 /s k-clvsd.dll" and "regsvr32 /s xactengine2_10.dll" commands, only automated since it's part of the wizard. These commands require that you run in "Administrator Mode."

Microsoft Defender is suspicious about automated commands being run in "Administrator Mode" that's why it blocks them.

You can run them manually though. Open a CMD window run it as Administrator) and issue those commands. These DLLs are responsible for ensuring that the video background animation during Song Selection will show. Otherwise you'll just see a plain black screen background during Song Selection (obviously, because the video animation doesn't play).

Modifié par topet2k12001

3 hours ago, topet2k12001 said:

Thanks for the details. I find it strange though because the actual "Update Pack" (the "contents" folder and all the files within it) haven't been modified since the first time I put it up. What is actively updated/modified is actually the launcher (the .exe). The "contents" folder is updated only when there are newly-available songs, courses, or events.

Anyway I just re-uploaded my personal copies so that should fix it. Please try again and let me know @Taitox3 and @Patchiu

I just tested the re uploaded A20 Update and it works.

Hey guys. Wondering if it's still possible to change the default port on which Butterfly runs, 80 to something else. I saw the old post by BlueSupernova22 by which you could just modify butterflyserver.properties file in the jar was  useful, but now Butterfly is a compiled .exe.  I found that SYSTEM (Process PID 4) is hogging port 80 on my machine, and after numerous steps to kill it (net stop http etc), its not giving up. So was hoping it's still possible to modify the default port.

44 minutes ago, dgecko said:

Hey guys. Wondering if it's still possible to change the default port on which Butterfly runs, 80 to something else. I saw the old post by BlueSupernova22 by which you could just modify butterflyserver.properties file in the jar was  useful, but now Butterfly is a compiled .exe.  I found that SYSTEM (Process PID 4) is hogging port 80 on my machine, and after numerous steps to kill it (net stop http etc), its not giving up. So was hoping it's still possible to modify the default port.

You gonna have to change and edit the ea3-config file services to localhost without port 80 because we’re running on Topek2k2001 butterfly version that doesn’t require that port.

Modifié par One Eternal Ash

1 hour ago, One Eternal Ash said:

You gonna have to change and edit the ea3-config file services to localhost without port 80 because we’re running on Topek2k2001 butterfly version that doesn’t require that port.

Thanks for the reply.

I am using the new DDR P.U.S.S.(I.E.).exe launcher from Topek2k2001. However I notice on launch Butterfly.exe starts then dies shortly thereafter.

The game launches afterwards just with the message in bottom left "Confirming Network Connection Status : Gameplay is not accessible at the moment".

The log confirms this:

[2020/08/17 02:53:00] M:servurl: "services" => "http", "localhost", "/", 127.0.0.1, 0.
[2020/08/17 02:53:00] W:servurl: bad services host(localhost)

And then just running butterfly.exe from cmd:

java.io.IOException: Failed to bind to /0.0.0.0:80
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.ServerConnector.openAcceptChannel(ServerConnector.java:346)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.ServerConnector.open(ServerConnector.java:308)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractNetworkConnector.doStart(AbstractNetworkConnector.java:80)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.ServerConnector.doStart(ServerConnector.java:236)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:68)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.doStart(Server.java:396)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:68)
        at spark.embeddedserver.jetty.EmbeddedJettyServer.ignite(EmbeddedJettyServer.java:149)
        at spark.Service.lambda$init$2(Service.java:574)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: bind

Hence why I'm thinking it's because of the port 80 issue, and being able to still change it should fix it.

2 hours ago, dgecko said:

31 minutes ago, dgecko said:

Thanks for the reply.

I am using the new DDR P.U.S.S.(I.E.).exe launcher from Topek2k2001. However I notice on launch Butterfly.exe starts then dies shortly thereafter.

The game launches afterwards just with the message in bottom left "Confirming Network Connection Status : Gameplay is not accessible at the moment".

The log confirms this:

[2020/08/17 02:53:00] M:servurl: "services" => "http", "localhost", "/", 127.0.0.1, 0.
[2020/08/17 02:53:00] W:servurl: bad services host(localhost)

And then just running butterfly.exe from cmd:

java.io.IOException: Failed to bind to /0.0.0.0:80
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.ServerConnector.openAcceptChannel(ServerConnector.java:346)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.ServerConnector.open(ServerConnector.java:308)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractNetworkConnector.doStart(AbstractNetworkConnector.java:80)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.ServerConnector.doStart(ServerConnector.java:236)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.doStart(Server.java:396)
        at spark.embeddedserver.jetty.EmbeddedJettyServer.ignite(EmbeddedJettyServer.java:149)
        at spark.Service.lambda$init$2(Service.java:574)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: bind

Hence why I'm thinking it's because of the port 80 issue, and being able to still change it should fix it.

Hello @dgecko

See these old posts for reference:

I'd like to understand your situation better: are you purposely running another program/server that is also using port 80 and you're fully aware of it that's why you wanted to change the default port assignment of Butterfly?

By "opening/extracting the JAR" I'm assuming you are referring to this post, yes?

I don't think it's necessary to actually open up the JAR, though. I think a mere change of the "URL" in the ea3-config.xml file should be enough (he also described it in his post).

In case you didn't know, Butterfly can also connect to an actual "live" server just by editing that same line (and without having to crack open the JAR file). From what I have heard, users just edit the ea3-config.xml file to point to the URL of those "live" servers. In this example, I haven't heard of any instruction requiring users to unpack the JAR and manually overwrite the URL.

Also you need to know that DDR P.U.S.S.(I.E.) actually "generates" butterfly.exe (which, when run, then generates the JAR version). Tha'ts why DDR P.US.S.(I.E.) is a little heavy at around 40+ MB (38MB of that is butterfly alone - yes, the JAR file). Open a File Explorer, run DDR P.US.S.(I.E.), return to your File Explorer quickly, and observe your game folder ("contents") closely while DDR P.U.S.S.(I.E.) does its thing, and you'll see what I mean.

Modifié par topet2k12001

5 minutes ago, topet2k12001 said:

Hello @dgecko

See these old posts for reference:

I'd like to understand your situation better: are you purposely running another program/server that is also using port 80 and you're fully aware of it that's why you wanted to change the default port assignment of Butterfly?

By "opening/extracting the JAR" I'm assuming you are referring to this post, yes?

I don't think it's necessary to actually open up the JAR, though. I think a mere change of the "URL" in the ea3-config.xml file should be enough (he also described it in his post).

In case you didn't know, Butterfly can also connect to an actual "live" server just by editing that same line (and without having to crack open the JAR file). From what I have heard, users just edit the ea3-config.xml file to point to the URL of those "live" servers. In this example, I haven't heard of any instruction requiring users to unpack the JAR and manually overwrite the URL.

Also you need to know that DDR P.U.S.S.(I.E.) actually "generates" butterfly.exe (which, when run, then generates the JAR version). Tha'ts why DDR P.US.S.(I.E.) is a little heavy at around 40+ MB (38MB of that is butterfly alone - yes, the JAR file). Open a File Explorer and observe your game folder ("contents") and you'll see what I mean.

Noted all the references, been reading the forum from page 1, before jumping in head first, as I tried not to be dumb about it :) I know that's not taken kindly to here :P

I wouldn't say I am purposefully running something on port 80 already, but this is a dev machine, so quite likely something is just running on it by chance. from the sysmanager I just see SYSTEM (PID 4) hogging port 80, and from all the googling and trying to get the OS to release it, not much has worked. even stopping almost all services related to http/IIS etc. netstat also just shows it being listened to by SYSTEM.

And yes you referenced the correct post

As I've edited ea3-config.xml and apppended a new port, didn't really resolve it. Butterfly.exe just starts up in the bottom and dies 2 seconds later, so thought the port could be hard coded, as the log still shows the game trying to connect on 127.0.0.1 90, but I'm assuming the game log is getting that from ea3 conf for the game for server info. But if it's not actually running, the game wont find it, unless eas3 is the config file for butterfly and not just the game. Also editing ea3 conf, and running butterfly.exe from cmd still logs to console to show its trying to bind to port 80, regardless of what is set in ea3 conf file. Hence I referenced the post, as I guess Im not sure that there is a config file for butterly itself to set it's running port.

I did realise the launcher extracts the files to temp and then generates butterfly.exe , my AV flagged it a few times for that, until I've disabled the AV entirely and started from scratch so it doesn't interfere on launch, however it's the same. Upon Launching DDR P.U.S.S.(I.E.) , everything loads fine, just buttterfly.exe opening and dying straight after.

Hope that explains the situation.

51 minutes ago, dgecko said:

Noted all the references, been reading the forum from page 1, before jumping in head first, as I tried not to be dumb about it :) I know that's not taken kindly to here :P

I wouldn't say I am purposefully running something on port 80 already, but this is a dev machine, so quite likely something is just running on it by chance. from the sysmanager I just see SYSTEM (PID 4) hogging port 80, and from all the googling and trying to get the OS to release it, not much has worked. even stopping almost all services related to http/IIS etc. netstat also just shows it being listened to by SYSTEM.

And yes you referenced the correct post

As I've edited ea3-config.xml and apppended a new port, didn't really resolve it. Butterfly.exe just starts up in the bottom and dies 2 seconds later, so thought the port could be hard coded, as the log still shows the game trying to connect on 127.0.0.1 90, but I'm assuming the game log is getting that from ea3 conf for the game for server info. But if it's not actually running, the game wont find it, unless eas3 is the config file for butterfly and not just the game. Also editing ea3 conf, and running butterfly.exe from cmd still logs to console to show its trying to bind to port 80, regardless of what is set in ea3 conf file. Hence I referenced the post, as I guess Im not sure that there is a config file for butterly itself to set it's running port.

I did realise the launcher extracts the files to temp and then generates butterfly.exe , my AV flagged it a few times for that, until I've disabled the AV entirely and started from scratch so it doesn't interfere on launch, however it's the same. Upon Launching DDR P.U.S.S.(I.E.) , everything loads fine, just buttterfly.exe opening and dying straight after.

Hope that explains the situation.

Okay thanks. I just wanted to filter out and understand the setup so that I know what advice to give. As you may have already read in the older posts, some are having the issue because of "user error" related causes.

You did mention that this is a dev machine...we can probably get it to work but we typically advise against running the game in such a setup (as you are already experiencing - another program/service seems to have taken port 80 "first" so butterfly couldn't "bind" to it).

Yes about the anti-virus thing, that's because one of the "tasks" that DDR P.U.S.S.(I.E.) does is to register a couple of DLL files which obviously, being DLL files, require Admin Privileges on CMD (command line) to register properly - something that anti-virus programs are usually suspicious about (hence, "false positive").

Yes, ea3-config.xml is for the game, and not created intentionally for butterfly alone. Butterfly was created as a 3rd-party (not part of the original game package, so to speak).

The current behavior of butterfly that you are seeing, although undesirable, is the correct behavior. It couldn't use Port 80 so it will error out...but since it's embedded as part of a script, it will just exit and not "linger around" displaying the error message.

You can download the prior, JAR file version of butterfly 1.2.0 from my previous post (the link is there), should you really need to unpack the JAR and manually change the default port.

Modifié par topet2k12001

1 hour ago, topet2k12001 said:

The current behavior of butterfly that you are seeing, although undesirable, is the correct behavior. It couldn't use Port 80 so it will error out...but since it's embedded as part of a script, it will just exit and not "linger around" displaying the error message.

You can download the prior, JAR file version of butterfly 1.2.0 from my previous post (the link is there), should you really need to unpack the JAR and manually change the default port.

Thanks for all the advice , and understand the issues re not recommending it for a dev machine, with stuff already binding port 80.

Thanks for  the link to the jar for 1.2.0, must have overlooked the fact that the one in the launcher is just the same one you've uploaded before, and your link contains different versions.

Grabbed it, edited the butterflyserver.properties file in the jar, and worked good, after tweaking ea3-config.xml, because it starts on 0.0.0.0:<port> instead of localhost/127.0.0.1, which is odd, but hey, got it working and running fine.

Strange that the devs didnt think of just building a version where you could just pass --port 90 (whatever) in from the cmd line, for these kinda issues.

Also once server is running manually, great to still be able to use the DDR P.U.S.S.(I.E.) launcher for everything else, so great work on that. I see the launcher tries to delete the .jar file after trying to launch butterfly.exe (s you've mentioned in your previous post it should), luckily because it's running fails to delete it, and the edited version doesnt get scrapped.

Thanks again, and thanks for everyone's (*credit roll*) effort in making this possible for us all.

Modifié par dgecko

6 hours ago, dgecko said:

Thanks for all the advice , and understand the issues re not recommending it for a dev machine, with stuff already binding port 80.

Thanks for  the link to the jar for 1.2.0, must have overlooked the fact that the one in the launcher is just the same one you've uploaded before, and your link contains different versions.

Grabbed it, edited the butterflyserver.properties file in the jar, and worked good, after tweaking ea3-config.xml, because it starts on 0.0.0.0:<port> instead of localhost/127.0.0.1, which is odd, but hey, got it working and running fine.

Strange that the devs didnt think of just building a version where you could just pass --port 90 (whatever) in from the cmd line, for these kinda issues.

Also once server is running manually, great to still be able to use the DDR P.U.S.S.(I.E.) launcher for everything else, so great work on that. I see the launcher tries to delete the .jar file after trying to launch butterfly.exe (s you've mentioned in your previous post it should), luckily because it's running fails to delete it, and the edited version doesnt get scrapped.

Thanks again, and thanks for everyone's (*credit roll*) effort in making this possible for us all.

That's good to know, then. :)

No, the launcher does not try to delete the JAR file after butterfly.exe is launched. The "server" is still butterfly.jar. The butterfly.exe is merely a "container" for the JAR.

What does happen, is that at the start of the script, DDR P.US.S.(I.E.) checks first for any current/previous running instance of butterfly.exe (which, technically, is butterfly JAR file). And if so, "kill" that instance.

And then the second step is to delete all relevant files.

And the proceed with the script.

The script then proceeds where files that were deleted, are (re-) generated on a "per-need" basis (i.e. only when it is time for them to be used, or if they need to be used at all). I designed it that way as a fool-proof mechanism, because not all users who come to ask for help are telling the truth about what they did or what file/s they tinkered unnecessarily. :lol:

About your comment on why there is not option for end-users to manually select the port: well...technically and formally speaking, the game should be run on "dedicated PC/hardware setup" (e.g. you are going to run the game in an arcade cabinet or self-made computer with specs that closely resemble the original) - with no "work stuff" mixed in ("work stuff" = your dev work, my office work, someone else's porn work, etc.) so these "kind of issue" shouldn't even be present (since, infusing "work stuff" onto the supposed dedicated game now makes it a user-induced issue and not a design issue). So, butterfly is designed on that premise. it should just be "start-and-stop" without any options (again, from an end-user perspective).

Now that you have your own, personally-modified butterfly JAR file, whenever you run DDR P.U.S.S.(I.E.), I suggest you manually put in your personal butterfly JAR file at the part where DDR P.U.S.S.(I.E.) pauses (it's somewhere during the introduction). This way you still get to enjoy DDR P.U.S.S.(I.E.) raw and fresh like how it was intended. :)

Modifié par topet2k12001

8 hours ago, Taitox3 said:

Did the timing for the Gold Cab Mode is set to stock? I did notice the change with the latest Update.

@Taitox3 define "stock." I didn't make any changes from previous versions.

7 hours ago, Feellikeadino said:

How can you set the timing of the songs? When connecting to a tv via hdmi, my scores are lower, and I feel a mismatch in timing.

I have gold cab mode

@Feellikeadino check out the post of @kanor somewhere between Pages 14 to 16.

7 hours ago, fesonic said:

Does anyone know anyway to edit out the judgement or guide lines and danger lines that apper?

@fesonic these are changed via the database (butterfly.sqlite). You will need to install a DB Browser (search it online). Look for a table named "ddr_16_profiles" and you'll see it there.

Here's a guide on what options can be changed: https://github.com/skogaby/butterfly/blob/master/README.md

10 hours ago, topet2k12001 said:

@Taitox3 define "stock." I didn't make any changes from previous versions.

@Feellikeadino check out the post of @kanor somewhere between Pages 14 to 16.

@fesonic these are changed via the database (butterfly.sqlite). You will need to install a DB Browser (search it online). Look for a table named "ddr_16_profiles" and you'll see it there.

Here's a guide on what options can be changed: https://github.com/skogaby/butterfly/blob/master/README.md

@topet2k12001 I meat the offset. Since the new update the arrows on gold cab mode  are offsync. On the previous updates, the offset was ok like in blue cab mode. 

51 minutes ago, Taitox3 said:

@topet2k12001 I meat the offset. Since the new update the arrows on gold cab mode  are offsync. On the previous updates, the offset was ok like in blue cab mode. 

@Taitox3 from the time I released DDR A20 Update Pack, I have set the "offset" at 90 ms (in "hex" that would show as 5a).

I just inspected the file (gamemdx.dll) and I am sure that I didn't make any changes from previous versions.

Gold Cab Mode
OE0evYw.png

Offset that I set (5a in "hex" which is 90 in "decimal")

2Fw7Qh8.png

dOrhQ91.png

Feel free to test my previous versions so that you can compare the gamemdx.dll file and inspect if anything has changed.

Or, you can manually perform the hex edit yourself since I already posted screenshots. You can follow the guide posted by @kanor (look at Pages 14 to 16, it's somewhere there) if you want to change the value that I have set, since the value of 90 ms (milliseconds) isn't an "absolute-correct" value (it depends on individual hardware configuration/setup).

Modifié par topet2k12001

Invité
Ce sujet ne peut plus recevoir de nouvelles réponses.
  • CrĂ©er...