Aller au contenu

[Arcade PC] Dance Dance Revolution A20 (Konami)

palitroque

Messages recommandés

Guys there is only one thing that is happening to me, when I Launch the game via ddr.exe i get to the point where the machine is loading and when it gets to the E-amusement section the game just crashes

can someone help me?
this is my Log file,

I have created the Card0.txt file already,
Thx a lot 

log.txt

Save this as a bat file and run it once in \contents:

@echo off

cd /d %~dp0

if not exist conf\nvram mkdir conf\nvram
if not exist conf\nvram\ea3-config.xml copy prop\eamuse-config.xml conf\nvram\ea3-config.xml
if not exist conf\nvram\coin.xml copy prop\coin.xml conf\nvram\coin.xml
if not exist conf\nvram\eacoin.xml copy prop\eacoin.xml conf\nvram\eacoin.xml
if not exist conf\nvram\testmode-v.xml copy prop\testmode-v.xml conf\nvram\testmode-v.xml
if not exist conf\raw mkdir conf\raw

@topet2k12001 please add this to your ddr.exe script, this is lifted directly from Bemanitools, and I notice this is always an issue with people using Spicetools because the nvram folders aren't setup.

Modifié par tw3nz0r

40 minutes ago, tw3nz0r said:

@echo off

cd /d %~dp0

if not exist conf\nvram\ea3-config.xml copy prop\eamuse-config.xml conf\nvram\ea3-config.xml
if not exist conf\nvram\testmode-v.xml copy prop\testmode-v.xml conf\nvram\testmode-v.xml

@topet2k12001 please add this to your ddr.exe script, this is lifted directly from Bemanitools, and I notice this is always an issue with people using Spicetools because the nvram folders aren't setup.

Will do!

5 hours ago, topet2k12001 said:

Best post in this thread!

Okay everyone, please stop with these kinds of messages, please.

We are working in the background to bring you improved and better stuff related to the game, so please just wait.

There are things that are a bit technical to execute and it may do more harm than good, so please respect our judgment.

Remember that people sharing stuff here are doing so out of pure passion and love for the game; nobody is paid to do all of this. So please avoid asking in a demanding manner.

We will update the thread accordingly. I repeat; we will update. Rest assured we are working in the background.

Thank you for your understanding, and happy weekend to everyone.

6 hours ago, tw3nz0r said:

@echo off

cd /d %~dp0

Created bat file with this command, ran it into the contents folder, still no luck, any other fix. The wierd thing is when i ran ddr.exe for the first time it game me the option to replace around 6 files with the Y/N option on the command prompt.

I will re install and patch again see if this works

log.txt

6 minutes ago, HellsingKo said:

Created bat file with this command, ran it into the contents folder, still no luck, any other fix. The wierd thing is when i ran ddr.exe for the first time it game me the option to replace around 6 files with the Y/N option on the command prompt.

I will re install and patch again see if this works

log.txt

The file "ddr.exe" has no "yes/no" option. It's a straightforward script that runs start-to-finish without any user input. The 6 files are merely DLLs from Bemanitools and don't do anything (unless a user does something with those DLLs at a later point in time). Those DLLs are just copied over to your main game folder (simply because those 6 DLLs are there when you download the entire game torrent but of course they're already outdated by this time, so ddr.exe only replaces those DLLs with newer ones).

Do you have Java 8 installed? It's required, by the way. The error in your log looks similar to that other guy a few pages back (specifically, read entire Page 34).

25 minutes ago, topet2k12001 said:

The file "ddr.exe" has no "yes/no" option. It's a straightforward script that runs start-to-finish without any user input. The 6 files are merely DLLs from Bemanitools and don't do anything (unless a user does something with those DLLs at a later point in time). Those DLLs are just copied over to your main game folder (simply because those 6 DLLs are there when you download the entire game torrent but of course they're already outdated by this time, so ddr.exe only replaces those DLLs with newer ones).

Do you have Java 8 installed? It's required, by the way. The error in your log looks similar to that other guy a few pages back (specifically, read entire Page 34).

Yes I have installed Java 8 i read that on that page, this is what displays the first time i run ddr.exe and it ask for around 5 morew files, i am doing a full fresh install again but the same error happens.

Then i run the bat file but no luck on the game running. Here is the full Log file on the first run 

Capture.PNG

log.txt

21 minutes ago, tw3nz0r said:

Java isn't needed for the game itself to run, if the game doesn't launch, Java isn't the issue.

I mean the game launches sir, and everything goes fine till the E amusement check, then it crashes, but if i run the game with another tool it skips the check and its playable but not wil the ddr.exe

4 minutes ago, HellsingKo said:

I mean the game launches sir, and everything goes fine till the E amusement check, then it crashes, but if i run the game with another tool it skips the check and its playable but not wil the ddr.exe

Spicetools or bemanitools?

35 minutes ago, HellsingKo said:

Sorry for the spam, this is my content folder and the java version I installed

Capture.PNG

I can't see the screenshot in detail; please use an external image hosting service instead.

Also please open a new command line and type:

java -version

...and share the screenshot.

3 minutes ago, topet2k12001 said:

I can't see the screenshot in detail; please use an external image hosting service instead.

Also please open a new command line and type:

java -version

...and share the screenshot.

Hi Sir this is the java version I have: 1.8.0_261

Btw the launcher i am using is a bat file that looks like the one that @tw3nz0r posted but I just saw it has more lines added to it:

@echo off

cd /d %~dp0

regsvr32 /s com\k-clvsd.dll
regsvr32 /s com\xactengine2_10.dll

spice -ea

Capture.PNG

6 minutes ago, HellsingKo said:

Btw the launcher i am using is a bat file that looks like the one that @tw3nz0r posted but I just saw it has more lines added to it:

@echo off

cd /d %~dp0

spice -ea

Capture.PNG

2 minutes ago, HellsingKo said:

@echo off

cd /d %~dp0

spice -ea

Capture.PNG

I see now. Please use what @tw3nz0r wrote exactly. No more, no less. I see yours has additional commands that are unnecessary. In particular, that line that says "spice -ea." It conflicts with "Butterfly."

The "-ea" switch/option basically commands the game to use Spicetools' built-in emulated server. But we should be using the "Butterfly" emulated server.

7 minutes ago, topet2k12001 said:

I see now. Please use what @tw3nz0r wrote exactly. No more, no less. I see yours has additional commands that are unnecessary. In particular, that line that says "spice -ea." It conflicts with "Butterfly."

The "-ea" switch/option basically commands the game to use Spicetools' built-in emulated server. But we should be using the "Butterfly" emulated server.

Sorry if i did not make myself clear, I mean, i created a bat file like @tw3nz0r explained, but the game does not lauch for some reason, after running ddr.exe, the way It runs is with that second bat i attached you on my last post.

I am not getting anything, not even a command prompt with @tw3nz0r bat it just never starts.

This is how I added his code

Capture.PNG

Modifié par HellsingKo

1 minute ago, HellsingKo said:

Sorry if i did not make myself clear, I mean, i created a bat file like @tw3nz0r explained, but the game does not lauch for some reason, after running ddr.exe, the way It runs is with that second bat i attached you on my last post.

I am not getting anything, not even a command prompt with @tw3nz0r bat it just never starts

The command that @tw3nz0r gave is not intended to start the game, but just to fix the potential cause of your issue. That's why he said to run it only once. You can actually perform the commands in the bat that he provided using Windows File Explorer...looks like you can interpret batch files, and you'll see that it's basically a copy-paste activity.

Region codes:

North and South America: U:K:A (A20), U:G:A (A) [Online and Local Mode]
United Kingdom and Europe: E:K:A (A20), E:G:A (A) [Local Mode Only]
Japan: J:A:A (A20 & A) [Online Only]
Asia and Australia: A:A:A (A20 & A) [Online Only]

Thumbnails codes:

ua: West (North and South America, United Kingdom and Europe)

ja: East (Japan, Asia and Australia)

Modifié par One Eternal Ash

After a long discord session, we've figured out @HellsingKo's issue was write permissions.

I recommend right clicking the main contents folder of the game, and unchecking read-only for the entire game. It'll solve a lot of issues.

Join our discord if you want your game up and running: https://discord.gg/RxgxYa7

Modifié par tw3nz0r

Troubleshooting Tip:

Let's say you start up the game and it just crashes early on, check your log.txt. Usually, the cause is written somewhere towards the end of the log, marked with either a "W" (Warning) or "E" (Error) or "F" (Failed). But most of the time it's "F" that you want to look out for.

Now speicfically for this error:

F:saveXML: libXml : save file failed.

Root cause: running ddr.exe or spice.exe in Administrator Mode. It causes your game folder ("contents") to alter the "Permissions" that's why the game is "complaining" (through the error log) that it can't save the data.

Solution: right-click your "contents" folder and uncheck "Read Only." Make sure to apply it to all sub-folders/directories.
Prevention: do not run ddr.exe or spice.exe in Administrator Mode.

Modifié par topet2k12001

There are a couple of users here who have encountered the same issue in the past Including me. A couple of anti-virus programs blocks the processes of Butterfly, Spice Tools, and ddr-16.bat even if you have white-listed them on your anti-virus programs.

Issues that arises are:

. Couldn't save the settings done on the Configuration Mode

. eAmusement screen gets stuck / crash to desktop

. eAmusement Card fails to be recognized

. eAmusement Card progress can't be saved

Solution:

. Disable anti-virus program when running the following processes: Butterfly, Spice Tools, and ddr-16.bat.

. Change to a better anti-virus program that supports Gaming Mode. I am using Symantec Endpoint Protection since 2013. Using the said anti-virus program, I am able to play all of my Games without having to worry that my anti-virus will block its processes and performance.

Modifié par vinson77

Just wanted to chime in and say thanks for the uploads and all the help people have put in so far.

Not sure if others have had issues like mine, but I've had trouble with butterfly working sometimes, and then crashing and not working other times. When butterfly crashes, running it in command prompt shows the following error: "ERROR spark.Spark - ignite failed".  I assume this is due to force-closing the butterfly server window -- (is there a way to close it "cleanly?") 
After a quick google search, the easiest solution was to simply reboot the computer and it should work just fine the next time you run butterfly or ddr.exe.

5 hours ago, ausboots86 said:

To save someone hours how to swipe on...

How do I 'swipe' my eAmuse card in MDX-001-2019090300?

--> Use the backspace button when it asks you to scan on...

fml.

Also the numlock button changes sides to player two and vice versa.

On 7/26/2020 at 5:30 PM, wowrude said:

Just wanted to chime in and say thanks for the uploads and all the help people have put in so far.

Not sure if others have had issues like mine, but I've had trouble with butterfly working sometimes, and then crashing and not working other times. When butterfly crashes, running it in command prompt shows the following error: "ERROR spark.Spark - ignite failed".  I assume this is due to force-closing the butterfly server window -- (is there a way to close it "cleanly?") 
After a quick google search, the easiest solution was to simply reboot the computer and it should work just fine the next time you run butterfly or ddr.exe.

Hello,

Best to collect error logs so that the solution that will be provided will be accurate in relation to the problem/issue.

Topic of Ctrl+C:

Ctrl+C is actually a "clean" way to exit a running process (reference reading material). In fact, the original version of Butterfly (it's made from Java) will show a prompt to ask the user "Close Batch Job (y/N)?" upon pressing Ctrl+C. The only reason why you don't see that prompt anymore is because I converted the Batch file that starts up Butterfly (Java), into a Windows Executable (butterfly.exe).

I purposely converted this because when I created "ddr.exe," he main intention is to prevent or minimize human interaction/manual interaction (which is usually a "failure point" or cause of problems) by creating a "start-to-finish" automated/one-click button to start the game. If you notice in earlier pages of the thread when this was all new, the process of starting the game was very manual and involved a lot of human interaction. More human interaction = more chances of mistakes (and this is a disaster for the uninitiated/unfamiliar). Because I converted the startup script of Butterfly to an executable, users will no longer be prompted with a "Y/N" selection when pressing Ctrl+C (less human intervention). Plus when it comes to automation, it opens the possibility of exiting Butterfly automatically (although I didn't end up doing it in the current version of  ddr.exe because I eventually settled with a different solution, but I want to keep that option available for me to use).

Now as we progress, we still see some "slips in the cracks" which is fine; that's why you notice us to be very involved in troubleshooting, because in a way it tests our creations and allows us to see opportunities for improving them.

Going back to the main concern:

Backreading all the way to the first few pages (early stages of this thread), you'll see others who have encountered that same error. The "longer" version of that error message you cited says something like:

ERROR spark.Spark - ignite failed java.net.BindException: Address already in use: 

...followed by a port number, usually 80 or 8080.

It means that some other program is using/sharing/locked port 80 or 8080 (Butterfly, being an "emulated" server that emulates e-Amusement, "connects" to port 80 or 8080). So, if this port is already in use by another program, then of course the "Spark" service (it's used for server-related stuff, part of the programming code of Butterfly) will not start. Either a previous Butterfly session that was not closed...or another program. Or...you could have mixed up some commands when starting up the game...you probably used some script mentioned a few pages back, or the "gamestart.bat" which contains "-ea" as part of its startup process, or mistakenly configured Spicetools to run with the "-ea" switch/option. Or, you may have leftover Spicetools options that got "stuck" (you need to check C:\Users\yourusername\Appdata\Roaming\spicetools.xml but this is a last resort).

The "-ea" switch/option is a "built-in Local Server" feature of Spicetools, designed to behave in the same way as Butterfly. Note that Butterly is a totally different "product" compared to Spicetools, that's why Spicetools has its own. But the thing with "-ea" is that it merely tricks the game into thinking that "e-Amusement" exists or is present - a requirement for the game to actually start. But, "-ea" does not have "database" features where you get to save your scores and progress. This is the reason why Butterfly was created. It emulates "e-Amusement" not only to mimic the existence of an "e-Amusement" server but also has the ability to keep records.

Basically: if you are using Butterfly, don't use "-ea" because they will conflict with each other (both are using port 80).

Disclaimer: the above is not an accurate/technical explanation as I wrote this in a way that most people will understand.

Reference of previous instance (same error) experienced by another member: click me!

Hope this helps.

12 hours ago, tw3nz0r said:

I'm still in the camp of changing your AIO tool to use Bemanitools instead of Spicetools, it has a lot less options to throw at the user, and if they know what they are doing, they are free to use it instead.

I listed this in the "to-do" sir. ;)

Invité
Ce sujet ne peut plus recevoir de nouvelles réponses.
  • CrĂ©er...