Aller au contenu

[Arcade PC] Dance Dance Revolution A20 (Konami)

palitroque

Messages recommandés

6 hours ago, One Eternal Ash said:

lucky i run my machine manually and score well on my L-TEK Pad.

IMG_5917.JPG

5 hours ago, topet2k12001 said:

Wow you have an L-TEK Pad? The one from Poland, right? One of my friends purchased one and luckily for him, he received it before the COVID-19 pandemic...are those good quality pads? Did you buy the bar that comes with it, or you just improvised?

EDIT: not bad score on AETHER eh. :)

I'm running a brand new ltek too. Ash have you done any mods to yours? I've penny modded mine, and I've got an arduino leonardo waiting to get jammed into for 1000hz and potential FSRs with some extra velostat. Doing nobar ~12s while I get my coordination back.

Modifié par ofmic3andm3n

4 hours ago, topet2k12001 said:

I will do my best. :)

The process of adding songs is actually easy, given that everything is readily available. What makes the process arduous is "finding" them, AND in the form that DDR A/A20 is compatible with. :)

Clarification: Song by E-rotic? The title is "Song?" I am familiar with Luv to Me and Dam Dariram, though.

Do it all Night - E-rotic :D

I was already sleepy last night when I made the comment. :P

1 hour ago, ofmic3andm3n said:

I'm running a brand new ltek too. Ash have you done any mods to yours? I've penny modded mine, and I've got an arduino leonardo waiting to get jammed into for 1000hz and potential FSRs with some extra velostat. Doing nobar ~12s while I get my coordination back.

No modifications yet, but getting good timings with my new monitor. 1ms is good enough and the offset judgements on the gold cab data edit from @topet2k12001 was 👌.

arduino Leonardo, I’ll wait for that until something happens to my pad.

Modifié par One Eternal Ash

Thank goodness, my life is complete :D

Sadly the forum didn't let me upload any file here due to some dead error, but yeah the good news is I was playing it in 2019090300, also overwriting DDR A20 Update pack, installed Java 8, placing all the requirements in spicecfg.exe, then ddr global event file and most of all, playing ddr.exe~! I've got Orca in Extra Exclusive as well.

52 minutes ago, One Eternal Ash said:

arduino Leonardo, I’ll wait for that until something happens to my pad.

Yeah I figure I'm on my own for "warranty", so I don't mind if my pennies cause extra wear. Not like I'm shipping this thing back to poland. I'm extremely happy with it though. Fun project pad.

3 minutes ago, NoctsRanun said:

Thank goodness, my life is complete :D

Sadly the forum didn't let me upload any file here due to some dead error, but yeah the good news is I was playing it in 2019090300, also overwriting DDR A20 Update pack, installed Java 8, placing all the requirements in spicecfg.exe, then ddr global event file and most of all, playing ddr.exe~! I've got Orca in Extra Exclusive as well.

Glad to hear you worked it out!

13 hours ago, tw3nz0r said:

Welp, I've officially defeated the memory limits of A/20. I can load everything 100% of the time now.

tw3nz0r this is the reazon that  I looking forward for you future projects, i created mine custom DDR 20, i spent some months trying this, when i run my customized .arc i need to re-open the game because freezes and crashs a lot of times and after around 5-6 times i can play it!

This memory limit is the cause of this? a screen of my custom songs (sadly most of 4th mix and 3rd mix licenses songs didn't work) 

tw3nz0r do your "Never gonna make (dance factory mix)" script from dancing stage 2 working?

ddr 5th banner.png

Modifié par Arcadudo

1 hour ago, ofmic3andm3n said:

Yeah I figure I'm on my own for "warranty", so I don't mind if my pennies cause extra wear. Not like I'm shipping this thing back to poland. I'm extremely happy with it though. Fun project pad.

Glad to hear you worked it out!

Nice!

1 hour ago, Arcadudo said:

tw3nz0r this is the reazon that  I looking forward for you future projects, i created mine custom DDR 20, i spent some months trying this, when i run my customized .arc i need to re-open the game because freezes and crashs a lot of times and after around 5-6 times i can play it!

This memory limit is the cause of this? a screen of my custom songs (sadly most of 4th mix and 3rd mix licenses songs didn't work) 

tw3nz0r do your "Never gonna make (dance factory mix)" script from dancing stage 2 working?

ddr 5th banner.png

Memory limits? Yes. Never Gonna Make? No. I don't have that song working as of yet. As for EuroMIX2, I got a set of the exclusives working.

Cab findings.

@topet2k12001's butterfly fork runs great on a legit cab setup under a Konami XPe install... however (not his fault), current Java 8 doesn't work. Thankfully I have about fifteen copies of Ace from various tests on my drive, and copied over my working Java 8 from 2019, and that build runs fine with it.

/low works, and helps, a little too much... the server is so slow in this fashion, but the game never stutters. /belownormal is a usable syntax and that may yield better results.

https://www.computerhope.com/starthlp.htm

My memory fix which I've dubbed ALPACORE, works flawlessly.

7 hours ago, vinson77 said:

Do it all Night - E-rotic :D

I was already sleepy last night when I made the comment. :P

Ah okay hahaha...okay I'll see if I can.

2 hours ago, tw3nz0r said:

Cab findings.

@topet2k12001's butterfly fork runs great on a legit cab setup under a Konami XPe install... however (not his fault), current Java 8 doesn't work. Thankfully I have about fifteen copies of Ace from various tests on my drive, and copied over my working Java 8 from 2019, and that build runs fine with it.

/low works, and helps, a little too much... the server is so slow in this fashion, but the game never stutters. /belownormal is a usable syntax and that may yield better results.

https://www.computerhope.com/starthlp.htm

My memory fix which I've dubbed ALPACORE, works flawlessly.

Ohhh...I didn't realize that the "start" command has switches. New learning for me. :)

NIce name...ALPACORE. That's the name of one of the A20 songs right sir? Is that your favorite song?

1 hour ago, tw3nz0r said:

If anyone cares, changing event 34 from 9999 to 0 removes the 50th anniversary logo, as builds from 2020 no longer display that.

Noted on this!

51 minutes ago, topet2k12001 said:

Ohhh...I didn't realize that the "start" command has switches. New learning for me. :)

NIce name...ALPACORE. That's the name of one of the A20 songs right sir? Is that your favorite song?

That honor goes to Mythomane... lookin' like a daydream.

/belownormal ran a little better, but I wonder how /normal would fare, it was still slow (a minute to login in some cases), but everything else works great. I am using javaw.exe as opposed to java.exe.

1200+ songs flawlessly load on the stock 1GB RAM this board has, with my fix. If you've seen performance of SD DDR in between songs, this is no worse than that. If I can get butterfly to be more responsive without the cost of stuttering mid-song, then this will be a flawless accomplishment. It's why I stopped using butterfly in the first place, and upgrading the board isn't entirely feasible, and I like the idea of self-containing everything. I also cannot reach my home internet from my garage, so local servers are the best option for me.

Can't wait for the cooler months to come around so I can play in the garage again, it's still too hot... plus I still have a hole in the bottom of my foot. Don't judge the score.

109901876_331149541241307_222380692276449918_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=p29RqT62a_MAX8eIBJL&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=dd8f43a59dcfca5ba0c4cffe9f1c7e97&oe=5F3A3299

Modifié par tw3nz0r

1 hour ago, tw3nz0r said:

That honor goes to Mythomane... lookin' like a daydream.

/belownormal ran a little better, but I wonder how /normal would fare, it was still slow (a minute to login in some cases), but everything else works great. I am using javaw.exe as opposed to java.exe.

1200+ songs flawlessly load on the stock 1GB RAM this board has, with my fix. If you've seen performance of SD DDR in between songs, this is no worse than that. If I can get butterfly to be more responsive without the cost of stuttering mid-song, then this will be a flawless accomplishment. It's why I stopped using butterfly in the first place, and upgrading the board isn't entirely feasible, and I like the idea of self-containing everything. I also cannot reach my home internet from my garage, so local servers are the best option for me.

Can't wait for the cooler months to come around so I can play in the garage again, it's still too hot... plus I still have a hole in the bottom of my foot. Don't judge the score.

109901876_331149541241307_222380692276449918_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=p29RqT62a_MAX8eIBJL&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=dd8f43a59dcfca5ba0c4cffe9f1c7e97&oe=5F3A3299

Whoa, 1.2K+ songs...that's a lot! How many songs is the "limit" of the game?

Hole in the bottom of your foot?!? You had an accident? Or was it just an idiomatic expression/joke (sorry - living somewhere across the world, our senses of humor may be different lol)

I just downloaded the other "Mixes" and starting to get to work on creating these extra "Update Packs." :) Luckily, DDR X onwards are available in these forums for download (as well as other sites from the Internet).

12 minutes ago, topet2k12001 said:

Whoa, 1.2K+ songs...that's a lot! How many songs is the "limit" of the game?

Hole in the bottom of your foot?!? You had an accident? Or was it just an idiomatic expression/joke (sorry - living somewhere across the world, our senses of humor may be different lol)

I just downloaded the other "Mixes" and starting to get to work on creating these extra "Update Packs." :) Luckily, DDR X onwards are available in these forums for download (as well as other sites from the Internet).

I literally mean a hole in the bottom of my foot, and I should keep off it, instead I put pressure on it 400 times in a time frame of two minutes. It bleeds when I play and hasn’t healed yet. It’s not fun.

The limit is hard to say, I’d say with the current gamemdx.dll we have, the limit is about 1100 (so about 200 extra songs) before it gets funky. You can add everything from X1-current and not have it crash. I’ve already blown past that limit. Without my fix, the game crashes after 3-10 seconds for my current build because of all the songs in my build. My fix should allow another few hundred with ease... but I always await a new build because the limit silently gets increased with each new release (especially with a new title like A20 Plus with a few dozen new songs all at the same time).

2 minutes ago, tw3nz0r said:

I literally mean a hole in the bottom of my foot, and I should keep off it, instead I put pressure on it 400 times in a time frame of two minutes. It bleeds when I play and hasn’t healed yet. It’s not fun.

The limit is hard to say, I’d say with the current gamemdx.dll we have, the limit is about 1100 (so about 200 extra songs) before it gets funky. You can add everything from X1-current and not have it crash. I’ve already blown past that limit. Without my fix, the game crashes after 3-10 seconds for my current build because of all the songs in my build. My fix should allow another few hundred with ease... but I always await a new build because the limit silently gets increased with each new release (especially with a new title like A20 Plus with a few dozen new songs all at the same time).

Oh my God...just imagining it made me weak...hope you have medication for that or at least a check-up...

I see...so some system files are also "upgraded" (so to speak) to allow more songs...got it! So even with "ALPACORE" fix sir, you mean it will still come to a point that a certain limit will still be reached, i.e. it's not infinite?

3 minutes ago, topet2k12001 said:

Oh my God...just imagining it made me weak...hope you have medication for that or at least a check-up...

I see...so some system files are also "upgraded" (so to speak) to allow more songs...got it! So even with "ALPACORE" fix sir, you mean it will still come to a point that a certain limit will still be reached, i.e. it's not infinite?

Konami would have hit the limit by now if they don’t fix it themselves, at least partially (I’ve been modifying Ace for nearly two years).

My fix is very dirty but it works, when we get to the point that it’s needed, I may divulge how it works, but it’s not necessarily the kind of thing I can release without lots of complaints about it not working. Nobody is running that many songs yet, except me and a handful of others making their own versions.

It’s hard enough troubleshooting people who come in this thread with running butterfly let alone a few hundred extra songs.

2 minutes ago, tw3nz0r said:

Konami would have hit the limit by now if they don’t fix it themselves, at least partially (I’ve been modifying Ace for nearly two years).

My fix is very dirty but it works, when we get to the point that it’s needed, I may divulge how it works, but it’s not necessarily the kind of thing I can release without lots of complaints about it not working. Nobody is running that many songs yet, except me and a handful of others making their own versions.

It’s hard enough troubleshooting people who come in this thread with running butterfly let alone a few hundred extra songs.

Understood sir, and no worries - there's no pressure on anyone to release something they're not comfortable releasing (respect). Do so only if/when you are comfortable with it. :) And I understand also that hacking stuff entails a good level of responsibility and self-sufficiency.

9 hours ago, topet2k12001 said:

Ah okay hahaha...okay I'll see if I can.

"Do it all Night by E-rotic" was one of the most memorable DDR songs to me as this was the 1st song that I did a Freestyle Choreography for a DDR Tournament way back in 2000. Up to this day, I could still remember the whole choreography (including a few no bar handstands on the DDR Metal Pad).

Modifié par vinson77

En 18/5/2020 a las 16:33, piotr25691 dijo:

Ah well I have that version and it works.

By the way I have it set up to U:K:A instead of A:A:A/J:A:A and even though that combination was for Local Mode, I could switch eamusement back on in the service menu on this build and have an e-amuse capable US version (for some reason even Paseli works with Butterfly)

ddr_a20_us_eamuseworking.png

im trying the same to put the machine in local mode , but in the song selection screen all the song jackets dissapeared , you did something more?

3 hours ago, shugo155 said:

im trying the same to put the machine in local mode , but in the song selection screen all the song jackets dissapeared , you did something more?

If you have set A:A:A to U:G:A and all of your Jacket Images became white...

You can fix this by following the step below:

Thumb filenames located at "data\arc\thumbnail" must be changed from "jacket_thumbnails_ja_*num*.arc" to "jacket_thumbnails_ua_*num*.arc"

Le 22.07.2020 à 18:19, vinson77 a dit :

If you have set A:A:A to U:G:A and all of your Jacket Images became white...

You can fix this by following the step below:

Thumb filenames located at "data\arc\thumbnail" must be changed from "jacket_thumbnails_ja_*num*.arc" to "jacket_thumbnails_ua_*num*.arc"

Excuse me, U:G:A just gives a Security Error, you have to use U:K:A or U:J:A.

5 hours ago, piotr25691 said:

Excuse me, U:G:A just gives a Security Error, you have to use U:K:A or U:J:A.

U:G:A was for DDR A. The fix can still be used on A20. You can use whatever version that runs on your end. Be it U:J:A or U:K:A. :)

10 hours ago, mrkruppy13 said:

Give me a step by step tutorial on how to add songs to DDR A20, I want to play Dancemania songs on there.

8 hours ago, Crafty The Fox said:

thanks
Edit: will this work with spicetools, and in the future will A20 plus blue/ A20 Blue be released?

5 hours ago, aoba said:

please. anyone.

2 hours ago, aoba said:

No.

Okay everyone, please stop with these kinds of messages, please.

We are working in the background to bring you improved and better stuff related to the game, so please just wait.

There are things that are a bit technical to execute and it may do more harm than good, so please respect our judgment.

Remember that people sharing stuff here are doing so out of pure passion and love for the game; nobody is paid to do all of this. So please avoid asking in a demanding manner.

We will update the thread accordingly. I repeat; we will update. Rest assured we are working in the background.

Thank you for your understanding, and happy weekend to everyone.

Invité
Ce sujet ne peut plus recevoir de nouvelles réponses.
  • Créer...