Aller au contenu

[Arcade PC] Dance Dance Revolution A20 (Konami)

palitroque

Messages recommandés

6 minutes ago, tw3nz0r said:

Use the fucking command prompt for arcutil. Clicking it is going to do nothing.

I already gave the commands earlier in the thread.

It says there: extract: arcutil.exe <x> <filename>

pack: arcutil.exe <p> <filename> <dir to pack>

21 minutes ago, NoctsRanun said:

Brown Spice = The man wearing the shades icon used for opening DDRX2 arcade data.

1 minute ago, NoctsRanun said:

Brown Spice = The man wearing the shades icon used for opening DDRX2 arcade data.

Hello,

I'm sorry but you are talking about a file that we never even used, that's why I know that you did not follow the steps in the README.txt exactly.

Please follow the steps in the README.txt of DDR A20 Update Pack, exactly as it was written. EXACTLY = no more, no less.

If you're not convinced that it works, try to start from scratch (from the beginning). You'll see that it works. :)

1. Download the 2019090300 torrent
  2. Download and run DDR A20 Update Pack and make sure to follow the steps EXACTLY in the README.txt.

On 7/14/2020 at 6:40 PM, topet2k12001 said:

DDR A20 Update Pack Update (2019090300)!

Changelog

Version: 1.0.4
Date: July 14, 2020

1. FIX: automated the process of copying the "id" from "ddr_16_profiles" to fill up the "user_id" column of "ddr_16_event_save_data."
  2. NEW: implemented a startup script/exe (ddr.exe) for a "one-click" processing of first-time setup actions.

HOW TO USE:

1. Copy over the "contents" folder to your game's "contents" folder. Accept any overwrite request/prompt.
  2. Run spicecfg.exe if you're running DDR for the first time, to configure/set up your key bindings, "cards," and spice.exe launch settings.
  3. Run ddr.exe and follow the instructions as necessary. Run this TWICE.
  4. Done.

WHY DO I HAVE TO RUN DDR.EXE TWICE?

• The first run is to launch the game so that you will be able to "register" your username/card. This is a crucial step. It will create/register an entry in the "butterfly.sqlite" database. You may, if you wish, skip playing and just exit the game after you have registered your username.
  • The second time is for the "butterfly database" to attach your username to the list of "event songs" so that you can play those unlockable songs.
  • This behavior/process actually follows that of the real arcade. When you register your e-Amusement card for the first time (by tapping the card on the machine), you will have to undergo the same thing. And until you actually create an e-Amusement account and log in to the website, you won't be able to save any progress. The difference is that in our case, our "website/server" is butterfly.

DO I HAVE TO KEEP USING DDR.EXE WHEN LAUNCHING THE GAME?

• Apart from the reasons above where you have to run ddr.exe TWICE, it is no longer required to start the game using ddr.exe in succeeding plays. You can instead start the game like most people normally do which is to start butterfly first, and then spice.exe.
  • However, I recommend to just continue using ddr.exe for launching due to the following benefits (at the expense of a few seconds more of waiting):
    • Convenient: because it is a "script," multiple steps/procedures are performed automatically (automation). Just sit pretty and wait! :very-good:
    • Less mistakes: aside from convenience, scripts are used generally to prevent or minimize human errors. Less confusion, less mistake! :very-good:
  • On the other hand, if you prefer to do things manually:
    • Please know that until you run ddr.exe for the 2nd time (or manually editing the database which I don't recommend) you won't be able to play some unlockable/event songs, for the reason described above.
    • ALSO! IF you don't plan to use ddr.exe in future plays, make sure you have configured the necessary "switches" or "options" in spice.exe using spicecfg.exe ("Options" tab) or by creating a startup .bat script.

The necessary switches or options in spicecfg.exe ("Options" tab) are:

Game Executable: arkmdxp3.dll
DDR Hook: ddrhook.dll
Disable Network Fixes: Enabled (check the box)
Load DDR Module: Enabled (check the box)
Enable All IO Modules: Enabled (check the box)
Heap Size: 33554432

If writing a .bat file, the entry/line for starting spice.exe would look like this:

spice.exe -exec arkmdxp3.dll -k ddrhook.dll -netfixdisable -ddr -io -h 33554432

...or this...

start spice.exe -exec arkmdxp3.dll -k ddrhook.dll -netfixdisable -ddr -io -h 33554432

1 minute ago, kanor said:

Hello,

I'm sorry but you are talking about a file that we never even used, that's why I know that you did not follow the steps in the README.txt exactly.

Please follow the steps in the README.txt of DDR A20 Update Pack, exactly as it was written. EXACTLY = no more, no less.

If you're not convinced that it works, try to start from scratch (from the beginning). You'll see that it works. :)

1. Download the 2019090300 torrent
  2. Download and run DDR A20 Update Pack and make sure to follow the steps EXACTLY in the README.txt.

I did, but what I did last night I tried opening it but it kept on crashing.

il y a 18 minutes, NoctsRanun a dit :

How did you use arcutil.exe? It shuts down badly

Insert the arcutil.exe file into the contents\data\arc\
data\gammedata\  
Modify the musicdb.xml file to save the song you want to add to the form.
And open the cmd. 
contents\data\arc\
I'm gonna go over here. 
Enter the command arcutil.exe p startup.arc data.

Then the startup.arc file will be created.

4 minutes ago, NoctsRanun said:

3 hours ago, NoctsRanun said:

Hello, I have all the songs and contents downloaded and collected in the entire A20 folder. There are some iterations that happened in my overnight attempts:

1. Brown Spice played when gamemdx.dll involves current songs from DDR 1 - 16 but incomplete songs. (Of course I clicked the Unlock Song in the DLL modder but I tried using DB Manager to unlock them all but nothing happened.

2. gamemdx.dll crashes even though the entire code starts from 90 90 in the Hex Editor. Red Spice crashes randomly.

Is there any other way to solve this problem?

In your first post, you indicated that you used DB Manager as well as DLL modder. That means you were doing things that are not in the README.txt instructions. Although you said you did as the insructions say, it is also evident that you are doing other steps that are not part of the instructions.

Please try: delete everything and start all over. And do only these steps:

1. Download the 2019090300 data dump torrent and copy-paste all of it to another location (don't play the game on the same data that is being "torrented")
  2. Download the "DDR A20 Update Pack" and copy-paste all of its contents over the 2019090300. And then run "ddr.exe" TWICE.

7 minutes ago, ghkdwlsgml said:

Insert the arcutil.exe file into the contents\data\arc\
data\gammedata\  
Modify the musicdb.xml file to save the song you want to add to the form.
And open the cmd. 
contents\data\arc\
I'm gonna go over here. 
Enter the command arcutil.exe p startup.arc data.

Then the startup.arc file will be created.

Can you show me how you do it? I'm almost getting it.

Can you show me how you do it? I'm almost getting it.

If you're modifying files like startup.arc to add songs, then chances are your game crash may be caused by your modifications and not by our DDR A20 Update Pack.

Again as I said: don't do any modifications (YET - do them after you get the game running using our steps). Just follow the steps first and ensure that the game is running. Then you do your personal modifications afterwards.

If you're modifying files like startup.arc to add songs, then chances are your game crash may be caused by your modifications and not by our DDR A20 Update Pack.

Again as I said: don't do any modifications (YET - do them after you get the game running using our steps). Just follow the steps first and ensure that the game is running. Then you do your personal modifications afterwards.

That means the one I've downloaded was MDX 2019042200 file that crashes the game.

Just now, NoctsRanun said:

That means the one I've downloaded was MDX 2019042200 file that crashes the game.

Oh my God. Hmph.

You said you were following the steps. I kept on posting "Download 2019090300" and now you are saying you are using 2019042200?

Tsk tsk tsk.

3 minutes ago, NoctsRanun said:

Yes I did. I've also extracted 2019090300 update file as well.

Okay, so what do you want to talk about? The 2019042200 or the 2019090300? What are you having problems with, the 2019042200 or the 2019090300?

Keep the conversation in the proper topics only please.

Again, plain and simple:

1. Forget 2019042200 for now. That is out of scope for our discussion today.
  2. Download 2019090300. Once you finish downloading, copy-paste it to another folder/location in your PC. Don't use the one that is currently downloading/uploading. Use a separate copy.
  3. Download "DDR A20 Update Pack" and copy-paste everything onto the 2019090300.
  4. Run ddr.exe TWICE as per the README.txt. DO NOT RUN SPICE.EXE (that's why we know you didn't follow the instructions).

2 minutes ago, kanor said:

Okay, so what do you want to talk about? The 2019042200 or the 2019090300? What are you having problems with, the 2019042200 or the 2019090300?

Keep the conversation in the proper topics only please.

Again, plain and simple:

1. Forget 2019042200 for now. That is out of scope for our discussion today.
  2. Download 2019090300. Once you finish downloading, copy-paste it to another folder/location in your PC. Don't use the one that is currently downloading/uploading. Use a separate copy.
  3. Download "DDR A20 Update Pack" and copy-paste everything onto the 2019090300.
  4. Run ddr.exe TWICE as per the README.txt. DO NOT RUN SPICE.EXE (that's why we know you didn't follow the instructions).

I see, I remember someone posted that torrent file I saw last night....I'm trying to look for it....

I see, I remember someone posted that torrent file I saw last night....I'm trying to look for it....

What?!?

You just said in your previous post/comment that you already extracted the 2019090300. Come on. We can't help you like this if you are not being truthful.

11 minutes ago, NoctsRanun said:

Yes I did. I've also extracted 2019090300 update file as well.

What?!?

You just said in your previous post/comment that you already extracted the 2019090300. Come on. We can't help you like this if you are not being truthful.

It's a trial and error. It completely crashes with 2019042200 using the 2019090300 update file.

It's a trial and error. It completely crashes with 2019042200 using the 2019090300 update file.

Please re-write your post because it is very confusing. See, you never mentioned until only later that you were actually using the 2019042200 data dump.

Your game will definitely crash because the "DDR A20 Update Pack" is intended for the 2019090300 data dump only.

3 minutes ago, kanor said:

Please re-write your post because it is very confusing. See, you never mentioned until only later that you were actually using the 2019042200 data dump.

Your game will definitely crash because the "DDR A20 Update Pack" is intended for the 2019090300 data dump only.

Which is why I'm going to download the 2019090300 data dump so that I can use the A20 update, right.

@NoctsRanun

Do ONLY the following, please:

1. Download the 2019090300 data dump: here
  2. Download the DDR A20 Update Pack: here.

Make sure to read the README.txt inside the DDR A20 Update pack and follow only what is written there. No more, no less.

Found it, that's the one I've been looking for. But the download will take me time.

Just now, kanor said:

Yes. And if you really did read the README.txt of the "DDR A20 Update Pack," you would have already known that beforehand.

https://imgur.com/NxGFe8p

NxGFe8p.png

Totally I've already familiar with these four steps, But once I've finished downloading 2019090300 file, I'll let you know,

Totally I've already familiar with these four steps, But once I've finished downloading 2019090300 file, I'll let you know,

I'm not questioning your knowledge, but it was evident that you didn't read the README.txt (perhaps because you were complacent that you are familiar with the steps).

I'm not questioning your knowledge, but it was evident that you didn't read the README.txt (perhaps because you were complacent that you are familiar with the steps).

Except that I skipped the credits in the Readme.txt, I keep focusing on instructions (especially the updated posts)

Except that I skipped the credits in the Readme.txt, I keep focusing on instructions (especially the updated posts)

I'm not pointing out the credits, my friend. I'm pointing out that it was clearly written that the DDR A20 Update Pack works only for the 2019090300 data dump and apparently you are using it on the 2019042200 data dump (which you could have avoided if you have read it carefully).

Anyway...it's fine. Let's just get your game set up and working, @NoctsRanun. Once downloaded, just overwrite 2019090300 with the "DDR A20 Update Pack" and from there just follow the steps and let us know. It should work; we have tested it immensely. If you plan to do some personal "mods" please do it only after you get the game working.

I'm not pointing out the credits, my friend. I'm pointing out that it was clearly written that the DDR A20 Update Pack works only for the 2019090300 data dump and apparently you are using it on the 2019042200 data dump (which you could have avoided if you have read it carefully).

Definitely that was my overnight pressure I've forgotten that it was from A vanilla (2019042200) and I've neglected that the A20 (2019090300) should be where is at. I kept on downloading downloading downloading 2 days ago, but in the end no songs updated in A20 since I've got the 2019042200 file....

Anyway...it's fine. Let's just get your game set up and working, @NoctsRanun. Once downloaded, just overwrite 2019090300 with the "DDR A20 Update Pack" and from there just follow the steps and let us know. It should work; we have tested it immensely. If you plan to do some personal "mods" please do it only after you get the game working.

I will until the download finishes overnight. Hope this might work.

2 minutes ago, NoctsRanun said:

Definitely that was my overnight pressure I've forgotten that it was from A vanilla (2019042200) and I've neglected that the A20 (2019090300) should be where is at. I kept on downloading downloading downloading 2 days ago, but in the end no songs updated in A20 since I've got the 2019042200 file....

No worries, it's cool. Let's put that to rest. :)

Perhaps we were also just being protective of our work because it underwent a lot of tests, trial-and-error, time, and effort...and we even simulated a fresh install scenario, so we are confident with it. Anyway don't hesitate to reach out here, but please don't leave out any specific details so that on our part we also know where/how to help.

Just now, kanor said:

No worries, it's cool. Let's put that to rest. :)

Perhaps we were also just being protective of our work because it underwent a lot of tests, trial-and-error, time, and effort...and we even simulated a fresh install scenario, so we are confident with it. Anyway don't hesitate to reach out here, but please don't leave out any specific details so that on our part we also know where/how to help.

Thanks for the advice T_T Well, also one more question: When will A20+ gonna be leaked on PC? I hope it's gonna be a different dump I guess.

Thanks for the advice T_T Well, also one more question: When will A20+ gonna be leaked on PC? I hope it's gonna be a different dump I guess.

Um...these "data dumps" are "extracted" straight from the arcades so it's not something that has a "schedule."

Invité
Ce sujet ne peut plus recevoir de nouvelles réponses.
  • Créer...