Aller au contenu

[Arcade PC] Dance Dance Revolution A20 (Konami)

palitroque

Messages recommandés

4 minutes ago, tw3nz0r said:

I was just going to check that, thank you for doing that for me, lol. In the past I couldn't get the September arkmdxp3.dll to play nicely with the August gamemdx.dll but this was months ago... 

I did notice that "hiccup" whenever I tried to mix them together, but what I did was:

1. Exit to Service Menu
  2. Totally exit the game (Ctrl+C)
  3. Start the game (again)
  4. After the "black screen tests" and then the "Online" text at the bottom shows up, I go to Service Menu again
  5. Start the game

I think you just have to be mindful if you were on "Blue Cab" or "Gold Cab" and make the proper edits before starting. :)

4 minutes ago, topet2k12001 said:

Yes.

DDR Ace: just a blank table with 9999, for 200 rows

DDR A20: individually entered song event data

That's how it's going to be for now until Butterfly Local Server is fully developed to become fully functional for DDR A20 (it's good for DDR Ace).

Yup, indeed.

To be honest. I wish A20 was more simpler than being more complicated

Modifié par One Eternal Ash

1 minute ago, One Eternal Ash said:

Yup, indeed.

To be honest. I wish A20 was more simpler than being more complicated

Hahaha me too. :)

To be fair, the reason why DDR Ace was easier to get running was because Butterfly was designed around DDR Ace. I looked at the source code (inevitably, since I was building an updated version) and a lot of the code is centered around DDR Ace. Whatever functionality of Butterfly that is currently working on A20, is I would say...more coincidental than intended.

2 minutes ago, topet2k12001 said:

Hahaha me too. :)

To be fair, the reason why DDR Ace was easier to get running was because Butterfly was designed around DDR Ace. I looked at the source code (inevitably, since I was building an updated version) and a lot of the code is centered around DDR Ace. Whatever functionality of Butterfly that is currently working on A20, is I would say...more coincidental than intended.

Indeed.

Just now, tw3nz0r said:

@topet2k12001 Everything looks beautiful, but can I ask for a personal favor? Is it possible to recompile a version of butterfly that is not displaying every single line in the dialog box? Basically one that is quiet.

Let me see if I can do that. :) But on hindsight...isn't that a bit "unsafe?" I mean, how would you know that the server started properly without anything being displayed?

1 minute ago, topet2k12001 said:

how would you know that the server started properly without anything being displayed?

The game will bitch at you if it doesn't work. :P

In a cab environment I launch it and then set a timer for 15 seconds to make sure it loads before loading the game.

Modifié par tw3nz0r

11 minutes ago, tw3nz0r said:

The game will bitch at you if it doesn't work. :P

In a cab environment I launch it and then set a timer for 15 seconds to make sure it loads before loading the game.

@tw3nz0r I remember you mentioned you are running some server OS? Is it "headless" (no GUI)? Or does it at least have a GUI?

7 minutes ago, topet2k12001 said:

@tw3nz0r I remember you mentioned you are running some server OS? Is it "headless" (no GUI)? Or does it at least have a GUI?

No, you misunderstood when I mentioned Windows Server 2012 -- that's the x86 requirement for Java 14. I run Windows XP Embedded, on a Konami drive, with the necessary scripts to boot the game, and the server in the background, which I sourced from a legitimate copy of DDR Ace build from around 2017, to be as authentic as possible. I run the cabinet with the original Konami IO, no minimaid or ghetto shit in my cab.

Modifié par tw3nz0r

15 hours ago, tw3nz0r said:

No, you misunderstood when I mentioned Windows Server 2012 -- that's the x86 requirement for Java 14. I run Windows XP Embedded, on a Konami drive, with the necessary scripts to boot the game, and the server in the background, which I sourced from a legitimate copy of DDR Ace build from around 2017, to be as authentic as possible.

Oh okay, got it. So it has a GUI then...let me see...can you try this please? This has to be placed inside the same path as butterfly.bat and the actual Butterfly JAR file andf let me know. It's a simple command that runs the CMD window of BUtterfly in a minimized state. So you double-click this .bat and it (as well as that other .bat) will run minimized. I know it's technically not silent, but it's just a quick-and-dirty solution and wanted you to assess if this is good enough. :) Just replace "butterfly.bat" text accordingly/as needed.

starter.bat

15 hours ago, tw3nz0r said:

I run the cabinet with the original Konami IO, no minimaid or ghetto shit in my cab.

Wow! By any chance are you an arcade operator (meaning, you operate/run an arcade)? You have authentic stuff with you, that's awesome!

Modifié par topet2k12001

Oh I already run it minimized, without even looking at your script I use start /min but I was hopping the logging would take a little of the jitter off of it. The official board runs on a Celeron M 440, with 1GB DDR2 RAM. Upping the RAM to 4GB didn't help the stuttering, which happens maybe once per song, but I have a Core Duo T2700 (highest that I can get for the socket) that I hope to install in it one day to help with it... I was hopping by disabling the logging that it would take some of the strain off of the CPU.

1 minute ago, tw3nz0r said:

Oh I already run it minimized, without even looking at your script I use start /min but I was hopping the logging would take a little of the jitter off of it. The official board runs on a Celeron M 440, with 1GB DDR2 RAM. Upping the RAM to 4GB didn't help the stuttering, which happens maybe once per song, but I have a Core Duo T2700 (highest that I can get for the socket) that I hope to install in it one day to help with it... I was hopping by disabling the logging that it would take some of the strain off of the CPU.

I see...got it. I understand the requirement better now. :)

Please allow me some time to think of a solution. :)

Hi @tw3nz0r

I think I will really need to rebuild it for you...one with no logger. :) I remember there's a "logger" configured in the build of Butterfly as one of the dependencies.

But I may not be able to finish it today (I'm sleepy and I run the risk of making mistakes this way). Is it okay if I work on your request perhaps tomorrow?

Modifié par topet2k12001

59 minutes ago, tw3nz0r said:

H @tw3nz0r

So I was able to build a version of Butterfly that does not log. This is the only thing left in Butterfly when you run it, but it does not show any other new information other than that (it stays that way because it's notificaiton about Butterfly itself).

image.png.069df7217c48358842ff703eab1f4000.png

However, as anticipated...the game won't let me get past the card entry screen. I am able to enter my PIN and press Start, but after that, that's it. The game didn't hang but it was kind of "stuck." And my hunch was correct: it looks like the logs are used "two-way" between the game and Butterly. So since there are no logs, the game appears to be "jut waiting" for the logs to come (but there won't be any since it's turned off).

20200706_0.png

hace 2 horas, topet2k12001 dijo:

@One Eternal Ash@tw3nz0r@kanor@B4SH-T

Hello Guys,

Here it is. The "DDR Update Pack." :D

There are two versions:

1. one-click self-extracting executable
  2. folder (manual copy-paste method)

There is also are README file that explains everything.

Hmm I'm having trouble replacing arkfiles and gamemdx, registering a new user has me in this screen loop. Sorry to add another issue.

Btw, is the data missing some challenge charts yet? I think I'm missing some

20200707_4.png

23 minutes ago, B4SH-T said:

Hmm I'm having trouble replacing arkfiles and gamemdx, registering a new user has me in this screen loop. Sorry to add another issue.

Btw, is the data missing some challenge charts yet? I think I'm missing some

20200707_4.png

Turn off free first play in coin options.

hace 1 hora, tw3nz0r dijo:

Turn off free first play in coin options.

It's Coin Mode

The weird thing is still saves my scores, but not the play times neither my config, Grand Finale still appears. Orbs are saved, had to add a play time by sqlite btw

Modifié par B4SH-T

20 minutes ago, tw3nz0r said:

https://github.com/skogaby/butterfly/blob/1.1.0/butterflyserver/src/main/resources/static_responses/mdx/events.xml

I feel like one of these higher numbered events may be the key to this, since like I said, butterfly 1.1.0 saves just fine.

yeah it is, it's the いちかのBEMANI投票選抜戦2019 that's causing the bug. let me fix that.

20200707_0.jpg

Modifié par One Eternal Ash

Invité
Ce sujet ne peut plus recevoir de nouvelles réponses.
  • Créer...