Aller au contenu

[Arcade PC] Dance Dance Revolution A20 (Konami)

palitroque

Messages recommandés

43 minutes ago, B4SH-T said:

This is some kind of aproximated answer since some of you, want them so bad: there will be no omnimix or megamix or whatever you name it (at least publicly), and this is one reason, since for a single person requires a lot of work to enable lots of songs and people will take advantage of it without giving credits (like beign an operator and using it in their cabs) or neither a metion to people involved in tools and anything like that (happend couple of times before DDR A), and no this is not like a stepmania theme created by scratch. If you want to make your omnimix, then do it. "Special Edition" is just a clickbait. When you reach a "megamix" (that will be available years later for sure) , you'll know is the real thing. By the way, the name "omnimix", is a rescue for at least 2000 songs in DDR history. 

I see. I actually tried to add one "old" song and I agree with the effort involved - just to even get that one song added. How much more if we're talking about say, a hundred? I failed in adding it by the way, hahaha!

I just used my intuition in my attempt since I don't know who to ask. I have much respect for the work of others that's why as you guys can see, I try to do things on my own as much as I can. But of course I have very limited knowledge; I have to ask someone but the information is so elusive (and perhaps with good reason, as already explained by @B4SH-T).

I want to be able to add songs for my personal collection (not to publicize/make money out of/not giving credits). I have been an avid DDR Player for about 20 years now, so you guys can just imagine how passionate I am about this game (and yes I still actively play, you can even search my DDR Username in the e-Amusement website if you want to "Rival" me. :)). And just like you said, I want to rescue/preserve that DDR History (any DDR fan would understand why).

I just hope there's someone who can teach me how to properly add songs, or how to find the right "offset" to hex edit to turn on/off that pesky "Grand FInale" curtain for example...basically stuff for my own/personal consumption and (again, to emphasize) not for making money without giving proper credits due. I'm not going to even ask others to "do it for me" and that's just not my style anyway. :)

hace 3 horas, B4SH-T dijo:

This is some kind of aproximated answer since some of you, want them so bad: there will be no omnimix or megamix or whatever you name it (at least publicly), and this is one reason, since for a single person requires a lot of work to enable lots of songs and people will take advantage of it without giving credits (like beign an operator and using it in their cabs) or neither a metion to people involved in tools and anything like that (happend couple of times before DDR A), and no this is not like a stepmania theme created by scratch. If you want to make your omnimix, then do it. "Special Edition" is just a clickbait. When you reach a "megamix" (that will be available years later for sure) , you'll know is the real thing. By the way, the name "omnimix", is a rescue for at least 2000 songs in DDR history. 

Another reason, is to make it private. A long ago, I was an idiot trying to be like "hey look what I can do with my oldie songs" (I showed a couple songs) and, for some reason that's real bad not for getting tracked by the k0n4m1 police (since they don't give a f**k about me, seriously, I'm miles away from that). It's because the operators and backups for the data. In other words, Ace has become very handy. And with idiots like me showing stuff like that , I could make more bad to people to have data in their homes tbh, it's not about me, it's about all. 

6 hours ago, B4SH-T said:

Another reason, is to make it private. A long ago, I was an idiot trying to be like "hey look what I can do with my oldie songs" (I showed a couple songs) and, for some reason that's real bad not for getting tracked by the k0n4m1 police (since they don't give a f**k about me, seriously, I'm miles away from that). It's because the operators and backups for the data. In other words, Ace has become very handy. And with idiots like me showing stuff like that , I could make more bad to people to have data in their homes tbh, it's not about me, it's about all. 

Noted, @B4SH-T. To be honest I don't know who's who (who's part of a secret group, who's not). Nonetheless, I am just happy working with different people to fix things and produce something that works. :)

As for me, I'm just an avid DDR player and nothing more. It's just for the sheer love for the game that I am spending that "extra mile" to help out. I have no interests whatsoever in sensitive issues and I am old enough to hold a good sense of discretion and confidentiality.

Anyway...

I think I found what we all have been looking for. Remember the comment where it said we should set "is_refid_locked" to true in the "playerdata" packet?

So as I exited the game I checked the logs, and looks like we have a lead now. :)

EDIT: adding the link to image (for some reason when pasting images directly here they end up being small): https://i.imgur.com/XEnMrlr.png

XEnMrlr.png

Modifié par topet2k12001

5 minutes ago, topet2k12001 said:

Noted, @B4SH-T. To be honest I don't know who's who (who's part of a secret group, who's not). Nonetheless, I am just happy working with different people to fix things and produce something that works. :)

As for me, I'm just an avid DDR player and nothing more. It's just for the sheer love for the game that I am spending that "extra mile" to help out. I have no interests whatsoever in sensitive issues and I am old enough to hold a good sense of discretion and confidentiality.

Anyway...

I think I found what we all have been looking for. Remember the comment where it said we should set "is_refid_locked" to true in the "playerdata" packet?

So as I exited the game I checked the logs, and looks like we have a lead now. :)

EDIT: adding the link to image (for some reason when pasting images directly here they end up being small): https://i.imgur.com/XEnMrlr.png

XEnMrlr.png

you found something?

Modifié par One Eternal Ash

4 hours ago, One Eternal Ash said:

you found something?

I'm not sure yet, but remember this post? It said to fix the "player data" packet, need to add "is_refid_locked" field.

So I was looking at the logs and found a warning message about it. Now I have to determine how to fix it. The theory is that this is the one responsible for displaying the personal scores.

On 5/7/2020 at 5:17 AM, hipo_loco said:

Info extracted from a Discord server:

*If you use the batterfly server and display the score,
 please fix the playerdata packet.
 (bool attribute "is_refid_locked" is required)

Also, as an update: I was trying different configurations and this is what I got so far...

rQmJp92.png

This is how I did it, using the events spreadsheet that @kanor shared.

zIScfNO.png

EDIT!!!! PLEASE READ!

So in the pictures above, I tried a different approach to "enabling" all the songs. Basically it was to "trick" or "tell" the game that "I already completed the events, so you need to unlock the songs and display them in the song selection screen."

The logic of DDR A/A20 and the e-Amusement server is (in simple, layman's terms):

1. Player taps the e-Amusement card
  2. game will connect to server to check player's records and event progress and song/s unlocked
  3. server tells the game what records and event progress are already completed and what song/s are unlocked

So following that logic, I did a "manual override" by "manually telling" the server what to "tell" the game...and that is, to tell the game that "player already completed all the events. He ca play all the songs under those events." Ideally this is all supposed to happen automatically, but as we all know, the original author of Butterfly said that he will leave the project in its current state. He did has some work started (you'll notice the difference...in 1.1.0 there was no "global_events" table...only in personal builds because he started some coding work but unfinished, which people like Mr. Boo and myself just continued).

So essentially I'm just overriding it manually for now since nobody has continued working on the code (yet). We now have 4 methods of unlocking songs:

1. Hex editing of a DLL file
  2. Editing/removing "lock" from song information in musicdb.xml (which resides inside startup.arc)
  3. Use Butterfly 1.1.0 (this will perform an "all songs forced-unlock" modification)
  4. Database edit at the "server" which is what I did above

However, please note that I used only the default DLLs that came with the package (2019090300 versions of gamemdx.dll, arkmdxp3.dll and arkmdxp4.dll). What this means is: no Dan Course progress, no personal scores display. The "Grand Finale" curtain animation is still there too.

Thoughts:

1. If we weight out the pros and the cons, I think the "best compromise" is a combination of:
    • Use the August 2019 versions of arkmdxp3.dll and arkmdxp4.dll (actually in my tests, the version of arkmdxp4.dll didn't matter - it's really the arkmdxp3.dll that holds the code for Dan Courses saving).
    • Use the September 2019 version of gamemdx.dll but this may change - it's possible that the August 2019 version will be better - if we can have the hex edit code for "Gold Cab" as well as "timing offset" offset because you have to "fix" the timing whenever you switch to Gold Cab. We will update this item as necessary.
    • Database edit by listing the event songs (they will be unlocked if we change from 9999 to 10) - or - use Butterfly 1.1.0.

2. This combination will give us:
    • Advantages:
      • Gold Cab ability
      • Dan Courses saving
      • Display of personal scores (so this will also save us the need to research how to fix "is_refid_locked" issue)
      • All songs available (if using Butterfly 1.1.0)
    • Disadvantages:
      • "Grand Finale" curtain animation during song results screen
      • Some events will disappear (this is inevitable and not critical especially with DDR A20 because their events are non-traditional e.g. you have to play another game, you have to log in to the e-Amusement website, etc.)
  3. I think the Pros will outweigh the Cons in this case and it's an acceptable compromise. The "Disadvantages" are actually just "cosmetic" if you really think about it.

To me this is already the best possible combination.

Modifié par topet2k12001

1 minute ago, topet2k12001 said:

I'm not sure yet, but remember this post? It said to fix the "player data" packet, need to add "is_refid_locked" field.

So I was looking at the logs and found a warning message about it. Now I have to determine how to fix it. The theory is that this is the one responsible for displaying the personal scores.

Also, as an update: I was trying different configurations and this is what I got so far...

rQmJp92.png

This is how I did it, using the events spreadsheet that @kanor shared.

zIScfNO.png

Now were getting somewhere, Thanks!

5 minutes ago, One Eternal Ash said:

Now were getting somewhere, Thanks!

Yes...although again, we should consider and also accept what @kanor mentioned. I believe we can't "enable" all the events - and even if we did - we can't unlock them anyway once we play those events as @kanor has already explained in detail.

What I did in my previous post that you just saw was actually to "tell" the game to consider the event songs as "already unlocked." If you enter the data in the table and start the game, the event songs will show up in the song selection screen with yellow font.

This is the cleanest way of enabling the songs (although again, it assumes that we have already "completed" the events that's why they are already showing up in the song selection).

Modifié par topet2k12001

1 minute ago, topet2k12001 said:

Yes...although again, we should consider and also accept what @kanor mentioned. I believe we can't "enable" all the events - and even if we did - we can't unlock them anyway once we play those events as @kanor has explained in detail. What I did in my previous post that you just saw was actually to "tell" the game to consider the event songs are "already unlocked." That's why if you enter the data in the table, the songs will show up. This is the cleanest way of enabling the songs (although again, it assumes that we have already "completed" the events that's why they are already showing up in the song selection).

OK! Got it

Hello @tw3nz0r,

I have a request, please:

For the August 2019 version of gamemdx.dll, I wasn't able to test it in "Gold Cab" mode because the hex structure is different so the current offsets with hex edits don't work. May we have the list of available hex edits/mods for the August 2019 version of the gamemdx.dll?

Thank you in advance, and appreciate all the help you have been giving us!

Modifié par topet2k12001

47 minutes ago, topet2k12001 said:

Yes...although again, we should consider and also accept what @kanor mentioned. I believe we can't "enable" all the events - and even if we did - we can't unlock them anyway once we play those events as @kanor has already explained in detail.

What I did in my previous post that you just saw was actually to "tell" the game to consider the event songs as "already unlocked." If you enter the data in the table and start the game, the event songs will show up in the song selection screen with yellow font.

This is the cleanest way of enabling the songs (although again, it assumes that we have already "completed" the events that's why they are already showing up in the song selection).

oh i see, never mind

Just now, One Eternal Ash said:

oh i see, never mind

Yeah...it's like an "all songs forced-unlocked" scenario but not really hacked...more of manual override on the database (because Butterfly currently doesn't have the full functionality that it was designed for - for DDR A20 - but for DDR Ace it looks like it's fully functional).

The difference of this approach is that it can retain some events (e.g. those that can be unlocked "traditionally" only).

2 minutes ago, topet2k12001 said:

Yeah...it's like an "all songs forced-unlocked" scenario but not really hacked...more of manual override on the database (because Butterfly currently doesn't have the full functionality that it was designed for - for DDR A20 - but for DDR Ace it looks like it's fully functional).

The difference of this approach is that it can retain some events (e.g. those that can be unlocked "traditionally" only).

This is why i love Ace, Traditional unlocks and not Exclusive unlock songs from websites or other games.

11 minutes ago, topet2k12001 said:

I see...I understand you know why all along you were focused on DDR Ace. :) Cool!

exactly. anyways, with A20 and A20 Plus. we will have to force-unlocked those songs regardless.

20 minutes ago, tw3nz0r said:

@topet2k12001Cabinet Type 6 hex edit is now in the arkmdxp3.dll: 6099D: 02->04, I didn't test this tho.

Hi! Thank you for this! I'll test, no worries! :) I'm close to solving this riddle!

Update: it didn't work; I got the "white/blue cab" still. So close! Nonetheless, thank you so much for the help on this once, @tw3nz0r :)

Modifié par topet2k12001

4 minutes ago, B4SH-T said:

Hex edits each time are almost the same, adresses are different.

You are right; I apologize for not being clear...I'm looking for the address for the hex edit to enable Gold Cab on the August 2019 versions of gamemdx.dll and/or arkmdxp3.dll. Basically, the August 2019 version does not have the "Grand Finale" curtain animation at the end of each song, but when I tested I only get the "blue cab" version of the game. So In that regard I was unable to test the game's behavior on the "gold cab" version.

Or ideally, the entire hex edit list for the August 2019 DLLs (if possible). Similar to this post.

Modifié par topet2k12001

hace 5 minutos, topet2k12001 dijo:

You are right; I apologize for not being clear...I'm looking for the address for the hex edit to enable Gold Cab on the August 2019 versions of gamemdx.dll and/or arkmdxp3.dll. Basically, the August 2019 version does not have the "Grand Finale" curtain animation at the end of each song, but when I tested I only get the "blue cab" version of the game. So In that regard I was unable to test the game's behavior on the "gold cab" version.

Or ideally, the entire hex edit list for the August 2019 DLLs (if possible). Similar to this post.

What the f*ck? I don't see the blue edit, anyway, try the address DBF8 for the value FF 24 or EB 71 (If you found one, then change it with the other one mentioned) If you need help, can you lend me the gamemdx for a quick check?

Modifié par B4SH-T

3 minutes ago, B4SH-T said:

What the f*ck? I don't see the blue edit, anyway, try the address DBF8 for the value FF 24 or EB 71 (If you found one, then change it with the other one mentioned) 

Thank you! Okay, testing now...will give feedback ASAP...

Update: oops, I realized (and that's why it sounded familiar)...the DBF8 address is for a 2019090300 and/or 2020020300 version of gamemdx.dll.

I was looking for the same but for The August 2019 version (link here). Thank you for the help, @B4SH-T!

Modifié par topet2k12001

12 minutes ago, topet2k12001 said:

and/or 2020020300 version of gamemdx.dll.

PLEASE stop using that gamemdx.dll, or at least referring to it as such. It's just a hack job of 2019090301.

Same with that '2020040300' one. That's not even a real date code and another edit.

Modifié par tw3nz0r

3 minutes ago, tw3nz0r said:

PLEASE stop using that gamemdx.dll, or at least referring to it as such. It's just a hack job of 2019090301.

I see...I didn't know. So that's why I did kind of notice that they are almost identical when I performed a file comparison.

So my hunch is correct...the 20190903 is a "clean/legit" data. Noted on this!

Will begin testing now and will revert for feedback ASAP!

Edit: noted on both the 2020xxxxx files. Thank you for providing these insights, @tw3nz0r...will be testing now...it'll just be a few minutes...

Modifié par topet2k12001

hace 50 minutos, topet2k12001 dijo:

Thank you! Okay, testing now...will give feedback ASAP...

Update: oops, I realized (and that's why it sounded familiar)...the DBF8 address is for a 2019090300 and/or 2020020300 version of gamemdx.dll.

I was looking for the same but for The August 2019 version (link here). Thank you for the help, @B4SH-T!

Give me a minute and I'll tell you where to go

Hehehe I was getting excited for the game not running, but check the address E168 for the value FF 24, then change it to EB 71 (gamemdx)

Modifié par B4SH-T

21 minutes ago, B4SH-T said:

Give me a minute and I'll tell you where to go

Hehehe I was getting excited for the game not running, but check the address E168 for the value FF 24, then change it to EB 71

Noted! This is done on gamemdx.dll or arkmdxp3.dll?

Um, is it possible to also ask for all the correct addresses of the other "hex edit mods" like Freeze Timer, Dark/Opaque Background, etc.? Like this one?

Modifié par topet2k12001

hace 3 minutos, topet2k12001 dijo:

Noted! This is done on gamemdx.dll or arkmdxp3.dll?

Um, is it possible to also ask for all the correct addresses of the other "hex edit mods" like Freeze Timer, Dark/Opaque Background, etc.? Like this one?

Oh, my fault, already edited hehe, it's for gamemdx. Btw, yes, as I said, hex edits are the same every time, what only changes is the addresses as you mention it. Don't know if someone already found them all and posted it. If not, I can find them and make a sheet for the addresses.

1 minute ago, B4SH-T said:

Oh, my fault, already edited hehe, it's for gamemdx. Btw, yes, as I said, hex edits are the same every time, what only changes is the addresses as you mention it. Don't know if someone already found them all and posted it. If not, I can find them and make a sheet for the addresses.

Yes please, if possible? Would very much appreciate it sir!

@One Eternal Ash @tw3nz0r @B4SH-T @kanor

Okay! Guys!!!!

Oh my God!!!! :very-good::fiesta::good_job:

It is done. :) FINALLY!!!! https://imgur.com/a/GXPlChQ

We present to you: the DDR Update Pack (that's a temporary name)! There are two versions in that link: a one-click, self-extracting zip file...and the actual folder with all the needed files (for those who prefer manual copy-paste). Also there is a REAMDE text file that explains everything.

Credits:

This mini-project of ours (we forgot to give it a name!!!) wouldn't have been made possible without the voluntary efforts, as well as contributions, of the following:

@One Eternal Ash he is the inspiration of this mini-project and is the reason why I pushed myself to building an updated Butterfly Local Server. He is in an area where DDR machines do not have e-Amusement access and he wanted to experience it. :) Apart from that, he also discovered how to enable the "events" in DDR Ace, and very recently he also discovered how to disable the "Grand Finale event" curtain animation that shows up at the end of each song in DDR A20.

@kanor for his data-driven and detail-oriented documentation, analysis (file comparisons, spreadsheet data analysis, etc.), and testing. His work keeps the rest of the group's sanity amidst the influx of data and information here and there. If not for his "song events" spreadsheet mapped to the song details from musicdb.xml we wouldn't have made other important discoveries that would have allowed us to finish this mini-project.

@tw3nz0r he came in at a very crucial and much-needed moment in the mini-project. He provided insights on what works and what doesn't as well as insights on how to solve for the few, but critical, "big roadblocks" in our endeavor. For one, his August 2019 DLLs were the much-needed solution to the said challenges. We now have Dan Courses being saved as well as personal scores being displayed. And the "Grand Finale event" curtain animation is gone now. :) And most recently, he provided the full hex edit address list for the August 2019 DLLs (the gamemdx.dll, as well as "gold cab enabler" using arkmdxp3.dll)

@B4SH-T he has been in the thread for quite some time and is one of the early contributors. For example he provided the "gold cab enabler" hex edit using gamemdx.dll for other versions of DLLs. And recently for the August 2019 DLL he was also able to provide the hex edit address of "gold cab enabler" option. On the side, he also shared a working video for the song Reiwa.

@FeelTheXtasy it was unintentional but because he was one of the first to report Dan Courses saving progress ability, this prompted the search for answers too. And along the line we found that it is one of his copies of DLLs that enabled such functionality.

@topet2k12001 (yours truly): updated Butterfly builds, as well as using the database table as a method to unlock event songs. And cheerleader (just kidding!).

Here's the current state, DDR A20:

1. DONE: Gold cab enabled
  2. DONE: No more "Grand Finale Event curtain animation" at the end of each song
  3. DONE: Personal scores are saved
  4. DONE: Dan Course progress is saved (up to 8th Dan only)
  5. DONE: All "event songs" can be unlocked (clean method: through data entry into the database table of "ddr_16_global_events" of Butterfly)
  6. DONE: unlocking of two DDR A20 songs (Mythomane and Digital Luv) has to be done via musicdb.xml as well. Not sure why these two songs have "Limited" flags/tags on them since they don't belong to any "event."
  7. DONE: unlocking of "event songs" for Golden League songs has to be done through changing to zero (0) the "Limited" flag/tag of the corresponding songs in the musicdb.xml file (inside startup.arc). This is probably because the Dan Courses is still "ongoing" (stuck at 8th Dan) so we have to unlock the songs in a more forceful way.

h5c1oAu.png4YQCjSn.pngSg76ymv.png0juiBrp.pngHBZ1EzY.png1bc2pR0.png

38Z50g0.pngAca8Af1.pngGq0sDMt.pngSfdVvHH.pngYJNUxfO.pngn9GddFp.png

Modifié par topet2k12001
Consolidated credits and provided the link to the package

17 minutes ago, topet2k12001 said:

@One Eternal Ash @tw3nz0r @B4SH-T @kanor

Okay! Guys!!!!

Oh my God!!!! :very-good::fiesta::good_job:

It is done. :) FINALLY!!!! https://imgur.com/a/GXPlChQ

I'll write a formal post later and will credit you all!

Here's the current state, DDR A20:

1. DONE: Gold cab enabled
  2. DONE: No more "Grand Finale Event curtain animation" at the end of each song
  3. DONE: Personal scores are saved
  4. DONE: Dan Course progress is saved (up to 8th Dan only)
  5. DONE: All "event songs" can be unlocked (clean method: through data entry into the database table of "ddr_16_global_events" of Butterfly)
  6. DONE: unlocking of two DDR A20 songs (Mythomane and Digital Luv) has to be done via musicdb.xml as well. Not sure why these two songs have "Limited" flags/tags on them since they don't belong to any "event."
  7. DONE: unlocking of "event songs" for Golden League songs has to be done through changing to zero (0) the "Limited" flag/tag of the corresponding songs in the musicdb.xml file (inside startup.arc). This is probably because the Dan Courses is still "ongoing" (stuck at 8th Dan) so we have to unlock the songs in a more forceful way.

I also found the fix to disable grand finale.

2019080600 gamemdx.dll

Force Enable Fast/Slow:
9DA30 8B 41 44->31 C0 40

Force Background Judgment:
9DA20: 8B 41->31 C0

Force Darkest Background:
9E7EF: 75 03 33 C0->33 C0 B0 03

Song Unlocks:
89D33: 45 F4->90 E9
92737: 32 C0->B0 01
93DC9: 74->EB

Tutorial Skip:
4A880: 75->EB

Unlock Options:
87D70: 75->EB

I also found the fix to disable grand finale.

Whoa, that's great! How did you do it?

3 minutes ago, tw3nz0r said:

2019080600 gamemdx.dll

Force Enable Fast/Slow:
9DA30 8B 41 44->31 C0 40

Force Background Judgment:
9DA20: 8B 41->31 C0

Force Darkest Background:
9E7EF: 75 03 33 C0->33 C0 B0 03

Song Unlocks:
89D33: 45 F4->90 E9
92737: 32 C0->B0 01
93DC9: 74->EB

Tutorial Skip:
4A880: 75->EB

Unlock Options:
87D70: 75->EB

Thank you, @tw3nz0r!

By "song unlocks" what does this mean...2 hex edits?

2 minutes ago, topet2k12001 said:

Whoa, that's great! How did you do it?

There is an id number "44" which is the event grand finale. I deleted the line and when i finish a song. it doesn't appear.

Untitled2.jpg

Untitled.jpg

There is an id number

Untitled2.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Wow, that's a nice find! Awesome! How exactly to edit, @One Eternal Ash?

5 minutes ago, tw3nz0r said:

3 edits. First one is 'Event Mode songs', second is 'A20 songs', third is Orca. Same hex edits as previous versions, just in different locations.

Got it @tw3nz0r...last request, would you happen to have the hex edit foir "Timer Freeze?"

Modifié par topet2k12001

Invité
Ce sujet ne peut plus recevoir de nouvelles réponses.
  • CrĂ©er...