Aller au contenu

[Arcade PC] Dance Dance Revolution A20 (Konami)

palitroque

Messages recommandés

11 minutes ago, B4SH-T said:

Tbh, I been trying to disable it via gamemdx but I couldn't find the hex edit aside from changing the songs to be unlocked, either way, it won't work since butterfly doesn't retain the scores to ""unlock"" those songs.

Got it; thanks for sharing your insights.

About this part:

11 minutes ago, B4SH-T said:

either way, it won't work since butterfly doesn't retain the scores to ""unlock"" those songs.

...we actually found a way but so far we were able to do it only for DDR A. @One Eternal Ash and I actually tested and it works. :) You may also see my last post in the DDR A thread (post with pictures as evidence).

@kanor compiled the key differences of the various gamemdx.dll files available so far and I believe he was able to note down a few differences that may seem like "hex edits." Perhaps we can test these observations, maybe one of them is the hex edit that we're looking for? He shared a spreadsheet attached to his post.

16 hours ago, kanor said:

@One Eternal Ash @topet2k12001

Hi Friends,

So I performed the file comparison again now that we have additional files provided I used hex editing app because normally these apps have a built-in file comparison feature).

For the purpose of this discussion, when I said "pristine" 2019090300 I meant the torrent download shared by @Inuyasha11 a while back. Also for the purpose of this discussion/post I am comparing the files shared by @tw3nz0r

Here are the results.

1. gamemdx.dll shared is identical with a "pristine" 2019090300 version of gamemdx.dll
  2. arkmdxp3.dll shared is identical with a "pristine" 2019090300 version of arkmdxp3.dll. The version of @FeelTheXtasy is way different when you do a file comparison and it is the only version that allows Dan Course progress to be saved/preserved across games.
  3. arkmdxp4.dll shared is identical with a "pristine" 2019090300 version of arkmdxp4.dll
  4. startup.arc shared has the same number of songs with a "pristine" 2019090300 version of startup.arc. However:
    • The version shared by @tw3nz0r has all the "lock" flags/tags are still intact where they should be. The startup.arc from the torrent download ("pristine" 2019090300) has all the "lock" flags/tags removed, that is why when you first play the game it is already "all songs unlocked." Therefore, the version of @tw3nz0r is what I will consider as the real "pristine" copy.
    • Also following the above-mentioned file comparison results, we can logically say that gamemdx.dll is NOT the cause of the song lock/unlock situation that we specifically have (it is possible but it is not true for our case right now). It's really the startup.arc in this case.
    • I can't say much about arkmdxp4.dll. The version of @FeelTheXtasy of this file is also way different (just like his arkmdxp3.dll), although I haven't tried using it since I already found out that it was his arkmdxp3.dll that is responsible for saving the progress of Dan Courses.

EDIT:

Here' s a screenshot of the comparison I did for startup.arc. Technically what I compared is the musicdb.xml file that is inside startup.arc.

Left: the startup.arc from the 2019090300 torrent file.

Right: the startup.arc shared by tw3nz0r.

I already reviewed the files so what I'm sharing is just a sample. But as we can see here, all the lines of codes to indicate the "Event Number" (this is important if the song belongs to an "event" like for example Baby-Lon's Adventure or Grand Finale) as well as "LImited" (this tells whether the song is "locked" or not) are missing in the torrent version. If a "lock" flag/tag is deleted then it means the song will just be a regular stage song and not an "event" song. This explains why the 2019090300 dump is "All Songs Unlocked" when you play the game right from the start.

gJICRoC.png

Hi Friends,

@One Eternal Ash @topet2k12001 @B4SH-T

Here's a more detailed result of comparing startup.arc...to be specific we are comparing the "musicdb.xml" file since this is the one that holds song information. We are comparing between the following:

1. The 2019090300 version from torrent data dump
  2. The 2019090300 shared by @tw3nz0r (this is what we should consider as "pristine" version of 2019090300 - this is the "complete" one)
  3. The 20200203 "update patch" data dump

Unfortunately the 2019090300 from torrent is what I will call "trash" because the information on "event number," "limited," (limited/lock for the song) and "limited_cha" (limited/lock for Challenge Difficulty) are all deleted/not present. So I had to exclude this version from the comparison. I was left with only the 2020020300 and the one from @tw3nz0r. Anyway, here it is: File Comparison musicdb

Findings:

1. The 2020020300 has 902 songs vs. 877 songs of 2019090300. The difference is 25 songs.
  2. The 25 songs are the new A20 songs as well as "Gold Cab Exclusive" songs (latest set of songs are Hunny Bunny, Re: Generation, and Lachryma - these were the latest songs I played before the COVID-19 pandemic and lockdown in our area). You will see them as #N/A in the comparison simply because these songs don't exist in the 2019090300 data dump. Therefore, this difference is acceptable.

0JGGwz2.png

3. There are 2 songs where the "Limited" flags are different. These are "Gold Cab Exclusive" songs, but can be made available in "White/Blue Cab" if you registered for the KAC (one of my friends has "The History of the Future" because he registered in KAC). This is probably why there is a difference in the numbers.

umNJeKI.png

4. There are 6 songs where the "Limited Challenge" flags are different. But this is because Challenge Charts for these 6 songs were released only recently (beyond 20190903), so this is also acceptable.

m2RjACa.png

5. There are 10 songs where the "Event Numbers" are different. Notice that 9 of them are the "Ichika 2019" event songs, so I'm not sure if the event number difference matters or not.

MU7f5wQ.png

Modifié par kanor

On 11/06/2020 at 3:56 PM, B4SH-T said:

It's pretty simple BUT that depends of your data and server tbh (mostly untouched data). You can find it (maybe) on the 2018 Ace Data. Same happens with Orca or Splash Gold which needs to be "unlocked" by the "9 orbs" system on Premium Play. *the endymion banner and other songs still can be triggered but you need to know how 

20200606_5-1.png

B4SH-T, i remember you posting this screenshot you took last month when i was looking for access to EXTRA EXCLUSIVE. How did you manage to unlock the other events during that time?

Modifié par One Eternal Ash

1 hour ago, kanor said:

Hi Friends,

@One Eternal Ash @topet2k12001 @B4SH-T

Here's a more detailed result of comparing startup.arc...to be specific we are comparing the "musicdb.xml" file since this is the one that holds song information. We are comparing between the following:

1. The 2019090300 version from torrent data dump
  2. The 2019090300 shared by @tw3nz0r (this is what we should consider as "pristine" version of 2019090300 - this is the "complete" one)
  3. The 20200203 "update patch" data dump

Unfortunately the 2019090300 from torrent is what I will call "trash" because the information on "event number," "limited," (limited/lock for the song) and "limited_cha" (limited/lock for Challenge Difficulty) are all deleted/not present. So I had to exclude this version from the comparison. I was left with only the 2020020300 and the one from @tw3nz0r. Anyway, here it is: File Comparison musicdb

Findings:

1. The 2020020300 has 902 songs vs. 877 songs of 2019090300. The difference is 25 songs.
  2. The 25 songs are the new A20 songs as well as "Gold Cab Exclusive" songs (latest set of songs are Hunny Bunny, Re: Generation, and Lachryma - these were the latest songs I played before the COVID-19 pandemic and lockdown in our area). You will see them as #N/A in the comparison simply because these songs don't exist in the 2019090300 data dump. Therefore, this difference is acceptable.

0JGGwz2.png

3. There are 2 songs where the "Limited" flags are different. These are "Gold Cab Exclusive" songs, but can be made available in "White/Blue Cab" if you registered for the KAC (one of my friends has "The History of the Future" because he registered in KAC). This is probably why there is a difference in the numbers.

umNJeKI.png

4. There are 6 songs where the "Limited Challenge" flags are different. But this is because Challenge Charts for these 6 songs were released only recently (beyond 20190903), so this is also acceptable.

m2RjACa.png

5. There are 10 songs where the "Event Numbers" are different. Notice that 9 of them are the "Ichika 2019" event songs, so I'm not sure if the event number difference matters or not.

MU7f5wQ.png

So basically, it was already corrupted before we even touched it. That's something.

3 minutes ago, One Eternal Ash said:

So basically, it was already corrupted before we even touched it. That's something.

Yeah. Well, a torrent has to be uploaded by someone. It's possible that, that someone didn't upload a pristine/untouched copy of startup.arc (musicdb.xml).

The 2020020300 version of startup.arc (musicdb.xml) is actually good for use as well, now that we have a clear line-by-line comparison with what @tw3nz0r provided. His version is basically the supposed" untouched" 2019090300 version of startup.arc. As we can see in my previous post...the difference is actually very small; we can almost say that they are identical if not for the 25 additional songs.

@One Eternal Ash @B4SH-T @FeelTheXtasy @topet2k12001

Using the arkmdxp3.dll of @FeelTheXtasy my Dan Course progress is preserved/saved. :)Full photo album

268XDqx.jpg7k6yPk5.jpg

HPyXNwM.jpgGgcU4nX.jpg

Also, scores are saved (upper-left of screen) along with the lights/lamp on the song.

6QJZzKe.jpghERt5ID.jpg

The only thing left to fix, really, is the animation of "Grand Finale" event showing up at the end of each song.

Ym0ORAV.jpg

2 minutes ago, kanor said:

@One Eternal Ash @B4SH-T @FeelTheXtasy @topet2k12001

Using the arkmdxp3.dll of @FeelTheXtasy my Dan Course progress is preserved/saved. :)Full photo album

268XDqx.jpg7k6yPk5.jpg

HPyXNwM.jpgGgcU4nX.jpg

Also, scores are saved (upper-left of screen) along with the lights/lamp on the song.

6QJZzKe.jpghERt5ID.jpg

The only thing left to fix, really, is the animation of "Grand Finale" event showing up at the end of each song.

Ym0ORAV.jpg

Yup, that event that we all been trying to fix since we got our hands on.

1 minute ago, tw3nz0r said:

Use the August 2019 gamemdx.dll to remove the Grand Finale popup, and as a bonus, it works with butterfly 1.1.0, but you gotta use the arkmdxp3/p4.dll from August as well.

Hello sir!

Thank you for the advice...but we only have the following data dumps available for download:

3 minutes ago, tw3nz0r said:

Use the August 2019 gamemdx.dll to remove the Grand Finale popup, and as a bonus, it works with butterfly 1.1.0, but you gotta use the arkmdxp3/p4.dll from August as well.

1.1.0 still has "force-unlocked feature" on all songs, does get rid of the grand finale.

1 minute ago, One Eternal Ash said:

1.1.0 still has "force-unlocked feature" on all songs, does get rid of the grand finale.

I still use 1.1.0 because I play on a cab and I can throw an installed version of Java 8 into my folder, and Java 14 requires Windows Server 2012 or higher for x86... so whoever is recompiling in Java 14, stop it, please.

I still use 1.1.0 because I play on a cab and I can throw an installed version of Java 8 into my folder, and Java 14 requires Windows Server 2012 or higher for x86... so whoever is recompiling in Java 14, stop it, please.

we're not using 1.1.0.

7 minutes ago, One Eternal Ash said:

5 minutes ago, tw3nz0r said:

Just now, One Eternal Ash said:

we're not using 1.1.0.

Hello @One Eternal Ash @kanor @tw3nz0r

I can recompile my build to use Java 8, no worries. :) Sorry I wasn't aware of the requirements, but I can change it. I can start doing it now.

No worries about the other changes I made, I believe the other changes are not dependent on the Java version being used anyway.

Thanks by the way for your insights. Just like the others mentioned, we don't have access to an August 2019 data dump. If possible, may we ask you for a copy of those versions of the arkmdxp3/4.dlls?

Just now, topet2k12001 said:

Hello @One Eternal Ash @kanor @tw3nz0r

I can recompile my build to use Java 8, no worries. :) Sorry I wasn't aware of the requirements, but I can change it. I can start doing it now.

No worries about the other changes I made, I believe the other changes are not dependent on the Java version being used anyway.

Thanks by the way for your insights. Just like the others mentioned, we don't have access to an August 2019 data dump. If possible, may we ask you for a copy of those versions of the arkmdxp3/4.dlls?

Because YOU asked so nicely, https://mega.nz/file/FpBHjAxI#GODZI-Teqz2ljFZHKgOcmzjAGOfDC5D0NRVhhP7NZ0o

And yes, recompiling for Java 8 would allow me to use an updated build on a legit cab setup, thank you.

Just now, tw3nz0r said:

Because YOU asked so nicely, https://mega.nz/file/FpBHjAxI#GODZI-Teqz2ljFZHKgOcmzjAGOfDC5D0NRVhhP7NZ0o

And yes, recompiling for Java 8 would allow me to use an updated build on a legit cab setup, thank you.

Alrighty, thank you. :) Will build again and release another version to suit this requirement. Will update this thread once I'm done. :)

Yeah I fucking get that, I just stated why.

You want an "authentic experience", get a cab.

I was going to upload the August files I just mentioned, but you just pissed me off with your reply.

alrite, i'm sorry

@tw3nz0r

Sorry; follow-up question. What Java 8 do you prefer? Sun Oracle? OpenJDK? AdoptOpenJDK? Also for my additional knowledge and appreciation, what is the advantage of each over the other? I remember you mentioned earlier that AdoptOpenJDK is better.

Also for AdoptOpenJDK, do you want to use OpenJ9 or Hotspot?

image.png.6900f7082d71d3beacae879b5f7c48ec.png

Thank you!

Modifié par topet2k12001

2 minutes ago, tw3nz0r said:

For running it, it doesn't matter. I know that I use an installed directory of Sun Oracle on my cab, so if you have that installed that's the best.

Be sure to look out in the other thread (A) for a gift in a few minutes.

Noted, and thank you! Downloading Sun Oracle Java 8 now...

hace 4 horas, One Eternal Ash dijo:

B4SH-T, i remember you posting this screenshot you took last month when i was looking for access to EXTRA EXCLUSIVE. How did you manage to unlock the other events during that time?

About that, I was testing an online server for a short time, sadly, the creator abandonned the project so that's all about the screenshot. 

hace 2 horas, kanor dijo:

Ym0ORAV.jpg

Hope I can get the hex-edit to disable once and for all, btw, the only easy (and could be) guided solution, is to disable it via server. Should be the event 45 I guess, if not it's the previous one to the Ichika Event 2019. To anyone that could think deleting the files of the event could be a great idea, NO, DON'T DO IT. That only works with the Ichika popup

Modifié par B4SH-T

Just now, B4SH-T said:

About that, I was testing an online server for a short time, sadly, the creator abandonned the project so that's all about the screenshot. 

Hope I can get the hex-edit to disable once and for all, btw, the only easy (and could be) guided solution, is to disable it via server. Should be the event 45 I guess, if not it's the previous one to the Ichika Event 2019

alrite, thanks..

2 minutes ago, B4SH-T said:

Hope I can get the hex-edit to disable once and for all, btw, the only easy (and could be) guided solution, is to disable it via server. Should be the event 45 I guess, if not it's the previous one to the Ichika Event 2019

Hello,

Thanks for the tip!

The thing with Butterfly though is that it's not yet in a "finished" state...specifically the feature/capability of saving events. But hey, no suggestion is a bad suggestion, we're open to trying anything that will solve it!

Actually just now, @tw3nz0r has been providing us with the correct files to use so this is also another way of solving it. :) Just do a back-read to see the links that he provided and give it a shot. As for me I'm re-building Butterfly..."same everything" as version 1.1.1 that I built but I just need to downgrade the Java version used to build it. @tw3nz0r actually has a DDR machine so it runs best on Butterfly that is made with Java 8. How cool is that right?!? I wish I had a machine too!

2 minutes ago, topet2k12001 said:

Hello,

Thanks for the tip!

The thing with Butterfly though is that it's not yet in a "finished" state...specifically the feature/capability of saving events. But hey, no suggestion is a bad suggestion, we're open to trying anything that will solve it!

Actually just now, @tw3nz0r has been providing us with the correct files to use so this is also another way of solving it. :) Just do a back-read to see the links that he provided and give it a shot. As for me I'm re-building Butterfly..."same everything" as version 1.1.1 that I built but I just need to downgrade the Java version used to build it. @tw3nz0r actually has a DDR machine so it runs best on Butterfly that is made with Java 8. How cool is that right?!? I wish I had a machine too!

Yeah, if only Europe had e-AMUSEMENT since 2016. I would have bought a machine.

hace 1 hora, enciso0720 dijo:

Thanks B4SH-T, but is there a way to modify to 1920x1080?

A real way? Hmm nope, if you have a higher resolution monitor, the game will only upscale it's resolution using it in full resolution (without windowed mode nor sd) 

Modifié par B4SH-T

6 minutes ago, vinson77 said:

@One Eternal Ash

It has been confirmed that some Extra Exclusive Songs (ORCA, etc.) on our current build 20200203 will be now added as a Normal Song on the DDR A20 PLUS (20200706) Update.

I see, so it's gonna be splash gold and Last Card (Horatio 2.0) as EXTRA EXCLUSIVE.

I see, so it's gonna be splash gold and Last Card (Horatio 2.0)

So far, ORCA was the only one that was revealed. Maybe they will add other songs as a surprise. That's what Konami did with the upgrade from DDR A to DDR A20. They have unlocked all unlockable songs including Extra Exclusive Songs.

Just now, vinson77 said:

So far, ORCA was the only one that was revealed. Maybe they will add other songs as a surprise. That's what Konami did with the upgrade from DDR A to DDR A20. They have unlocked all unlockable songs including Extra Exclusive Songs.

In the later update when another event appears. anyways, thanks!

In the later update when another event appears. anyways, thanks!

You're welcome. It's better if we wait for the 20200706 before restoring the Extra Exclusive Songs on our current build. As ORCA and other songs will not be a valid entry anymore on the Extra Exclusive list when the update comes out.

Just now, vinson77 said:

You're welcome. It's better if we wait for the 20200706 before restoring the Extra Exclusive Songs on our current build. As ORCA and other songs will not be a valid entry anymore on the Extra Exclusive list when the update comes out.

of course, i don't mind waiting. I just want to get back to the arcades, LOL!

Invité
Ce sujet ne peut plus recevoir de nouvelles réponses.
  • CrĂ©er...