Aller au contenu

[Arcade PC] Dance Dance Revolution A20 (Konami)

palitroque

Messages recommandés

hace 1 minuto, One Eternal Ash dijo:

I will give you an update once again for those who want to try the real experince with the butterfly server 1.1.1 give me time until tomorrow.

I will upload all the DDR A and A20 files once again.

i will try to add all dan, I was three months out of everything

1 minute ago, polivosm said:

i will try to add all dan, I was three months out of everything

Nice! thank you, polivosm.
Do you also know how to turn off "unlock songs" on gamemdx on 2019090300 and the current build, it will be very helpful.

Modifié par One Eternal Ash

hace 13 minutos, One Eternal Ash dijo:

Nice! thank you, polivosm.
Do you also know how to turn off "unlock songs" on gamemdx on 2019090300 and the current build, it will be very helpful.

i dont have a "clean" setup. can you up your current setup for unlock the dan courses

this is the last error

JpSqP4.png

Don't say I didn't give you anything.

On 7/2/2020 at 5:57 PM, One Eternal Ash said:

polivosm doesn't know shit, he thought my omnimix was running Stepmania.

Modifié par tw3nz0r

1 minute ago, tw3nz0r said:

gamemdx.dll

alrite take it easy, this is one with "unlock song" turned off. correct?

1 minute ago, tw3nz0r said:

This is 100% clean. You can check the digital signature and says 'cannot be verified'. Anything not clean will say 'is not valid'.

thank you very much, that will do. give me time.

Just now, tw3nz0r said:

I'm just gonna drop these here so y'all stop creeping in my DMs for it. That's what happens when you play with dirty data.

kusa.ssq

tige.ssq

Thank you very much, i'm very sorry to bother with you asking for the last two charts...

1 hour ago, One Eternal Ash said:

alrite take it easy, this is one with "unlock song" turned off. correct?

Ok with this one, I really can't use this because the file itself has bugs. I do apologise, this is clean file. Confirmed (thank you, tw3nzor for the assist)

Pros:
EXTRA EXCLUSIVE is active: ORCA (only)

Cons:

Force unlocked charts "MAX 360, CTTM Challenge Charts" should never appeared
Doesn't save scores or show dan progress (we went through that)
Blue version does not have Dan Courses when the server is active. (The one i'm holding right now.)
crashes on card screen (we also went there, fix that)

I want to be clear that the file i'm looking for is a gamemdx that has:

No "Force unlocked feature" (access to EXTRA EXCLUSIVES)

Save progress on Scores and Courses
Show progress on card screen when logging in
Events active "Grand Finale" progress saved, not reset

access to courses (Including Dan and Nonstop)

My target is to put the locks on every unlockable songs and charts back in place so we can use the new server 1.1.1 to fully experience the real A20 versions in actual arcades to unlock through events.

19 minutes ago, One Eternal Ash said:

I already uploaded a clean 2019090301 gamemdx.dll, if that doesn't work for you then either. 1) The server is a limiting factor, 2) Your game data is fucked, or 3) Both.

4 minutes ago, tw3nz0r said:

I already uploaded a clean 2019090301 gamemdx.dll, if that doesn't work for you then either. 1) The server is a limiting factor, 2) Your game data is fucked, or 3) Both.

to be honest, i did get the data from another user 2019090300, so it might have been destroyed in the first place. either way, i'm gonna keep trying.

The server ain't the issue, i already seen that with A.

10 minutes ago, tw3nz0r said:

Your startup.arc is probably modified to have them all unlocked. 

Yeah, you might be right. I should probably use the old A20 2019042200 and see i can do something about it.

it is the only dump that doesn't have a "force unlocked feature" but then again it will probably have the same startup arc.

1 hour ago, tw3nz0r said:

I'm just gonna drop these here so y'all stop creeping in my DMs for it. That's what happens when you play with dirty data.

kusa.ssq

tige.ssq

Hi,

Thank you and we apologize if ever we had to send you a private message. As far as the data, well...that's all we have so we can't complain either, we just do with what we have. Big thanks to all your help so far. @One Eternal Ash and I and any other forum member willing to help, we are aiming to just have a "close-to-life" arcade experience with the game that's why we were trying to look for pristine (untouched) versions of files.

1 hour ago, One Eternal Ash said:

Ok with this one, I really can't use this because the file itself has bugs. I do apologise, this is clean file. Confirmed (thank you, tw3nzor for the assist)

Pros:
EXTRA EXCLUSIVE is active: ORCA (only)

Cons:

Force unlocked charts "MAX 360, CTTM Challenge Charts" should never appeared
Doesn't save scores or show dan progress (we went through that)
Blue version does not have Dan Courses when the server is active. (The one i'm holding right now.)
crashes on card screen (we also went there, fix that)

My target is to put the locks on every unlockable songs and charts back in place so we can use the new server 1.1.1 to fully experience the real A20 versions in actual arcades to unlock through events.

Hi @One Eternal Ash

For the Dan Course, I actually conducted a file comparison of some DLL files (gamemdx.dll, arkmdxp3.dll, arkmdxp4.dll, ess.dll) because my suspicion was that there is one DLL that was hacked to enable this.

I found armdxp3.dll shared by @FeelTheXtasy (as part of his 20200403 zip file) is different from the others that are currently out for download. So I tested and I can confirm that it's really not the Butterfly version that influences the preserving the progress of Dan Courses, but only his version of arkmdxp3.dll is the one that enables Dan Course progress. I notified him about it as well via private message sometime this week.

Here is the comparison I made (I did the comparison in an Excel spreadsheet because it's easier. Although the actual comparison I did it by comparing using hex editor app): File Comparison here.

Hi @tw3nz0r, may we also ask for pristine (untouched) versions of arkmdxp3.dll and arkmdxp4.dll?

2 minutes ago, tw3nz0r said:

Thank you so much, sir. At least now we can continue our work of having a "close-to-life" arcade experience of DDR. :)

@One Eternal Ash and @kanor I'll take a look at everything later, I have errands to take care of. :)@kanor thanks as well for doing the file comparison, it's helpful too. @tw3nz0r, thank you once again. :)

Modifié par topet2k12001

58 minutes ago, kanor said:

Hi @One Eternal Ash

For the Dan Course, I actually conducted a file comparison of some DLL files (gamemdx.dll, arkmdxp3.dll, arkmdxp4.dll, ess.dll) because my suspicion was that there is one DLL that was hacked to enable this.

I found armdxp3.dll shared by @FeelTheXtasy (as part of his 20200403 zip file) is different from the others that are currently out for download. So I tested and I can confirm that it's really not the Butterfly version that influences the preserving the progress of Dan Courses, but only his version of arkmdxp3.dll is the one that enables Dan Course progress. I notified him about it as well via private message sometime this week.

Here is the comparison I made (I did the comparison in an Excel spreadsheet because it's easier. Although the actual comparison I did it by comparing using hex editor app): File Comparison here.

Hi @tw3nz0r, may we also ask for pristine (untouched) versions of arkmdxp3.dll and arkmdxp4.dll?

51 minutes ago, topet2k12001 said:

Thank you so much, sir. At least now we can continue our work of having a "close-to-life" arcade experience of DDR. :)

@One Eternal Ash and @kanor I'll take a look at everything later, I have errands to take care of. :)@kanor thanks as well for doing the file comparison, it's helpful too. @tw3nz0r, thank you once again. :)

53 minutes ago, tw3nz0r said:

Brothers! Thank you very much for everything, I manage to use the startup.arc file from "tw3nzor" which happens to be the one that i was looking for. Take a look.

The Challenge charts for the grand finale should be locked out for events and the EXTRA EXCLUSIVE songs should be these two only. (DDR A20 2019042200 + 2019090300)

20200703_1.png

I have my dan status on and progress saved.

20200703_0.png.6dfe8bdfc73bb177686491be77fad8ac.png

We will continue on finding way to fix the "Grand Finale" event and other Events. For now, let's continue.

"Polivosm" is gonna add all the Dan Courses very soon once we upload and he'll bring the final piece.

19 hours ago, tw3nz0r said:

gamemdx.dll

17 hours ago, tw3nz0r said:

18 hours ago, tw3nz0r said:

@One Eternal Ash @topet2k12001

Hi Friends,

So I performed the file comparison again now that we have additional files provided I used hex editing app because normally these apps have a built-in file comparison feature).

For the purpose of this discussion, when I said "pristine" 2019090300 I meant the torrent download shared by @Inuyasha11 a while back. Also for the purpose of this discussion/post I am comparing the files shared by @tw3nz0r

Here are the results.

1. gamemdx.dll shared is identical with a "pristine" 2019090300 version of gamemdx.dll
  2. arkmdxp3.dll shared is identical with a "pristine" 2019090300 version of arkmdxp3.dll. The version of @FeelTheXtasy is way different when you do a file comparison and it is the only version that allows Dan Course progress to be saved/preserved across games.
  3. arkmdxp4.dll shared is identical with a "pristine" 2019090300 version of arkmdxp4.dll
  4. startup.arc shared has the same number of songs with a "pristine" 2019090300 version of startup.arc. However:
    • The version shared by @tw3nz0r has all the "lock" flags/tags are still intact where they should be. The startup.arc from the torrent download ("pristine" 2019090300) has all the "lock" flags/tags removed, that is why when you first play the game it is already "all songs unlocked." Therefore, the version of @tw3nz0r is what I will consider as the real "pristine" copy.
    • Also following the above-mentioned file comparison results, we can logically say that gamemdx.dll is NOT the cause of the song lock/unlock situation that we specifically have (it is possible but it is not true for our case right now). It's really the startup.arc in this case.
    • I can't say much about arkmdxp4.dll. The version of @FeelTheXtasy of this file is also way different (just like his arkmdxp3.dll), although I haven't tried using it since I already found out that it was his arkmdxp3.dll that is responsible for saving the progress of Dan Courses.

EDIT:

Here' s a screenshot of the comparison I did for startup.arc. Technically what I compared is the musicdb.xml file that is inside startup.arc.

Left: the startup.arc from the 2019090300 torrent file.

Right: the startup.arc shared by tw3nz0r.

I already reviewed the files so what I'm sharing is just a sample. But as we can see here, all the lines of codes to indicate the "Event Number" (this is important if the song belongs to an "event" like for example Baby-Lon's Adventure or Grand Finale) as well as "LImited" (this tells whether the song is "locked" or not) are missing in the torrent version. If a "lock" flag/tag is deleted then it means the song will just be a regular stage song and not an "event" song. This explains why the 2019090300 dump is "All Songs Unlocked" when you play the game right from the start.

gJICRoC.png

Modifié par kanor

3 minutes ago, kanor said:

@One Eternal Ash@kanor

Hi Friends,

So I performed the file comparison again now that we have additional files provided I used hex editing app because normally these apps have a built-in file comparison feature).

For the purpose of this discussion, when I said "pristine" 2019090300 I meant the torrent download shared by @Inuyasha11 a while back. Also for the purpose of this discussion/post I am comparing the files shared by @tw3nz0r

Here are the results.

1. gamemdx.dll shared is identical with a "pristine" 2019090300 version of gamemdx.dll
  2. arkmdxp3.dll shared is identical with a "pristine" 2019090300 version of arkmdxp3.dll. The version of @FeelTheXtasy is way different when you do a file comparison and it is the only version that allows Dan Course progress to be saved/preserved across games.
  3. arkmdxp4.dll shared is identical with a "pristine" 2019090300 version of arkmdxp4.dll
  4. startup.arc shared has the same number of songs with a "pristine" 2019090300 version of startup.arc. However:
    • The version shared by @tw3nz0r has all the "lock" flags/tags are still intact where they should be. The startup.arc from the torrent download ("pristine" 2019090300) has all the "lock" flags/tags removed, that is why when you first play the game it is already "all songs unlocked." Therefore, the version of @tw3nz0r is what I will consider as the real "pristine" copy.
    • Also following the above-mentioned file comparison results, we can logically say that gamemdx.dll is NOT the cause of the song lock/unlock situation that we specifically have (it is possible but it is not true for our case right now). It's really the startup.arc in this case.
    • I can't say much about arkmdxp4.dll. The version of @FeelTheXtasy of this file is also way different (just like his arkmdxp3.dll), although I haven't tried using it since I already found out that it was his arkmdxp3.dll that is responsible for saving the progress of Dan Courses.

I see then, i'm still working on the events at the moment. I'm gonna see if these files are fixable. give me some time around today or tomorrow, this will take a while.

1 minute ago, One Eternal Ash said:

I see then, i'm still working on the events at the moment. I'm gonna see if these files are fixable. give me some time around today or tomorrow, this will take a while.

Alrighty! :) I'll also see what I can do on my end and will update everyone. :)

This is the nearest i can get but there is still more issues to tackle

Pros:
EXTRA EXCLUSIVES are accessible

Cons:

Grand Finale Event still resets.

Saving Scores and Lamps still not working on this gamemdx (clean)

NOTE about Dan Courses:

Dan courses can only be accessed on 20th Anniversary cabinets (Gold Cab) at the beginning of a round of Premium Play; courses are different between Single and Double.

20200703_0.png

20200703_1.png

Does anyone have a clean gamemdx (gold) file that i can use?

13 minutes ago, One Eternal Ash said:

This is the nearest i can get but there is still more issues to tackle

Pros:
EXTRA EXCLUSIVES are accessible

Cons:

Grand Finale Event still resets.

Saving Scores and Lamps still not working on this gamemdx (clean)

NOTE about Dan Courses:

Dan courses can only be accessed on 20th Anniversary cabinets (Gold Cab) at the beginning of a round of Premium Play; courses are different between Single and Double.

20200703_0.png

20200703_1.png

Does anyone have a clean gamemdx (gold) file that i can use?

Hey there,

Good job so far...I'll also be doing some stuff on my end and see what I can come up with, but for now I gotta rest. :)

You can simply hex edit your copy of a "pristine" gamemdx.dll to switch to "Gold cab" version. I believe @kanor was able to find out what specific byte to edit when he was making the comparisons and he wrote it in his spreadsheet file.

Ah found it:

Gold Cab: 0x0dbf8: ff 24 -> eb 71

1 minute ago, topet2k12001 said:

Hey there,

Good job so far...I'll also be doing some stuff on my end and see what I can come up with, but for now I gotta rest. :)

You can simply hex edit your copy of a "pristine" gamemdx.dll to switch to "Gold cab" version. I believe @kanor was able to find out what specific byte to edit when he was making the comparisons and he wrote it in his spreadsheet file.

Ah found it:

Gold Cab: 0x0dbf8: ff 24 -> eb 71

alrite, thanks for the code.

1 hour ago, B4SH-T said:

"Butterfly has "all-event unlock" so that's why Gran Finale appears everytime you end a song" in other words, that only appears because of butterfly

*this was said by it's creator, skogaby

Hmm, interesting. We will find a fix for that as well. Thanks for the notice.

4 hours ago, One Eternal Ash said:

Hmm, interesting. We will find a fix for that as well. Thanks for the notice.

5 hours ago, B4SH-T said:

"Butterfly has "all-event unlock" so that's why Gran Finale appears everytime you end a song" in other words, that only appears because of butterfly

*this was said by it's creator, skogaby

@B4SH-T you mean you contacted the author? Maybe I can try to ask him for help too? Had to scrap my message after realizing that last line with the *

Hmm...so, following that logic based on that statement...if, let's say, we play the game using a different method of "local server" (we have ealocalserver.exe as an example or maint.exe), then the "Grand Finale" shouldn't appear, right?

I'll try to do some tests later, hopefully we can find out something.

Modifié par topet2k12001

Invité
Ce sujet ne peut plus recevoir de nouvelles réponses.
  • Créer...