Aller au contenu

[Arcade PC] Dance Dance Revolution A20 (Konami)

palitroque

Messages recommandés

41 minutes ago, kanor said:

To clarify: on the 20190903 your game wasn't crashing? Mine is (but only starting this week, which I find strange).

No it wasn't crashing thankfully. the 20200203 build was where i was having issues because the game boots up and works only on maintenance mode I cannot use e-amusement at all.

Okay I'm starting to think this game is very computer specific because this game works on my desktop but does not boot at all on my laptop even though all i did was just copy and pasted everything onto a external hard drive I really think the game only works on the computer it is tied to as moving it to another computer will not work

I'm starting to think the only way to set up the game on another computer is to COMPLETELY RE DOWNLOAD everything and install them on that specific computer

then again idk i could be wrong but if you guys were to try this (because I would have to redownload everything and honestly i do not have the patience for that as i already waited for a long time to download the game on my desktop and now i have to redownload the game AGAIN just to play on another computer seriously?)

Edit: I'm really sorry but it turns out i just didn't have direct x installed on this computer. My god I'm an idiot

Modifié par BlueSupernova22

13 hours ago, BlueSupernova22 said:

Okay I'm starting to think this game is very computer specific because this game works on my desktop but does not boot at all on my laptop even though all i did was just copy and pasted everything onto a external hard drive I really think the game only works on the computer it is tied to as moving it to another computer will not work

I'm starting to think the only way to set up the game on another computer is to COMPLETELY RE DOWNLOAD everything and install them on that specific computer

then again idk i could be wrong but if you guys were to try this (because I would have to redownload everything and honestly i do not have the patience for that as i already waited for a long time to download the game on my desktop and now i have to redownload the game AGAIN just to play on another computer seriously?)

Edit: I'm really sorry but it turns out i just didn't have direct x installed on this computer. My god I'm an idiot

Glad you figured out what's causing the crash for you. As for me, it's going to be a bit difficult to pinpoint as I don't recall making any changes to my system, plus an older data dump is working without issues (DDR A 2019042200). Worst-case I'll "refresh" (or is it "reset?") my Windows 10 if I am unable to pinpoint the problem.

EDIT: okay so that was weird; I tried again today to reinstall and my game (DDR A20 2019090300) is working now on the original machine that I used to play on. Strange.

Modifié par kanor

14 hours ago, BlueSupernova22 said:

No it wasn't crashing thankfully. the 20200203 build was where i was having issues because the game boots up and works only on maintenance mode I cannot use e-amusement at all.

Sorry I missed this message.

Check "ea3-config.xml" around the "Network" part of the lines. SSL "bool" should be "1" and not "0". Also make sure "services" should say http://localhost.

I believe that the 2020020300 version of the ea3-config.xml file has those two errors.

13 hours ago, kanor said:

Glad you figured out what's causing the crash for you. As for me, it's going to be a bit difficult to pinpoint as I don't recall making any changes to my system, plus an older data dump is working without issues (DDR A 2019042200). Worst-case I'll "refresh" (or is it "reset?") my Windows 10 if I am unable to pinpoint the problem.

EDIT: okay so that was weird; I tried again today to reinstall and my game (DDR A20 2019090300) is working now on the original machine that I used to play on. Strange.

Glad you got that build working but does 20200203 build work for you yet? considering that you figured the out amusement problem and gamemdx.dll file has not been changed it should work right?

One last thing to note is that I tried to play the blue version of the game (by hex editing of course) and i started running into the crashing issue again so I guess in this instance I am stuck with playing the gold version

Edit: Well that was a mistake sorry for all my blabbering but i think i have finally found another reason for the game to crash. You know how when you play the HD widescreen version of the game the SD version of the menu background video is used? Well trying to change it back by swapping the videos around is what caused the game to crash on the song select screen. Of course that should be obvious considering that messing with the games files is what will cause problems. But why is it that the game does not properly use the HD background video?

Modifié par BlueSupernova22
change

hace 3 horas, nightmare507 dijo:

anybody know a fix for the arrow stutter pause while playing. it happens to me, like the arrows scroll smoothly but then theres a quick pause and it goes back to normal. probably happens twice while playing a song

That's a common issue while playing on laptop, if that's the case, set the battery usage to the highest choice while the laptop is beign charged. By the way, does it happen to all the songs or just a few ones? 

Modifié par B4SH-T

1 minute ago, B4SH-T said:

That's a common issue while playing on laptop, if that's the case, set the battery usage to the highest choice while the laptop is beign charged. By the way, does it happen to all the songs or just a few ones? 

happens on my desktop, runnin an nvidia 1080 16gb ddr 4 ram with i7 4.2ghz cpu

hace 2 horas, nightmare507 dijo:

hace 2 horas, nightmare507 dijo:

Does the game uses the GPU instead of the integrated graphics card? The game does not require too much powerhorse tbh 🤔

3 hours ago, nightmare507 said:

i have my set up use the gpu

Hello,

I apparently responded to your same post on the DDR A thread. Based on your description it looks like "micro-stuttering." Try to turn off any "vertical sync" related settings on your video card software/application.

20 hours ago, BlueSupernova22 said:

Glad you got that build working but does 20200203 build work for you yet? considering that you figured the out amusement problem and gamemdx.dll file has not been changed it should work right?

Hello,

Yes, I got my 2020030300 build working. I normally perform the "game patch" process (you start with 2019090300 build then copy-paste the updates files of the 2020020300 patch) instead of the "pre-assembled" package/download of @One Eternal Ash.

Here is my procedure:

1. Use the update files from the patch by copy-pasting them over to the 2019090300 build.
  2. Download the latest Bemanitools (as of this writing it's version 5.30). There is a zip for DDR in there (ddr12-16 I believe?) and inside that zip are some DLL files:
    ddrhook.dll
    ddrio.dll
    ddriio-mm.dll
    ddrio-smx.dll
    eamio.dll
    geninput.dll
    unicorntail.dll

3. Copy-paste those DLL files over (I actually do it also for my 2019090300 build, so by the time I had to "patch" to 2020020300 I have already accomplished this step beforehand).
  4. Use latest SpiceTools (as of this writing, it's the 6.15.2020 builds/versions).
  5. Open the ea3-config.xml and fix the missing/erroneous entries that I mentioned earlier (under the "Network" section of the file, make sure "bool" is "1" and make sure "services" contains "http://localhost"). Make sure that you have copy-pasted the 2020020300 files first to make sure you are editing the correct version of ea3-config.xml (that's the reason why I put it as Step #1!).
      <network>
        <!-- XRPC のバッファサイズ。 -->
        <sz_xrpc_buf __type="u32">102400</sz_xrpc_buf>
        <!-- https を使うかどうか。 -->
        <ssl __type="bool">1</ssl>
        <services>http://localhost</services>
      </network>

6. Turn on/start the "Butterfly" local server (latest official release is 1.1.0 but someone else also built a newer one based on the latest unpublished changes by the original author of Butterfly, which is 20191018). IMPORTANT: make sure that you install Java 11 on your computer if you are going to use the 20191018 version!
  7. Start the game by executing the respective ".bat" file.

Game crashes:

1. Game crash on song select ("blue cab" version): this is new to me, that you are "stuck" to using only the "gold cab" version due to game crash on song select. The 20200203 is on "blue cab" version by default. Or did I misunderstand the problem statement?

Other stuff:

1. Game crash after entering e-Amusement PIN or during the e-Amusement PIN part (DDR A20 2019090300 or 2020020300 only): make sure to perform the hex edits indicated here (the "Ichika" event) . I actually uploaded a video on how to do it, here.
  2. Fix the "small" combo numbers with this.
  3. Remove the announcer with this.
  4. Convert the game from the default "blue cab" to "gold cab" by doing the following:
    • Perform a hex edit on a DLL file as indicate here:
      arkmdxp3.dll
    • Copy/save the "Gold cab" edition of background video during music select to the appropriate folder; instructions here.
    • Adjust/fix the "timing" of the arrows on "Gold Cab" edition here.
  5. The background is black during song selection (no background video issue): make sure to register/re-register the DLL files inside the "com" folder.
  6. Tool for unpacking "startup.arc" which contains musicdb.xml (basically, to "unlock" songs) called arcutil is here.
  7. Adding rivals, instructions here.
Modifié par kanor

13 hours ago, kanor said:

Game crashes:

1. Game crash on song select ("blue cab" version): this is new to me, that you are "stuck" to using only the "gold cab" version due to game crash on song select. The 20200203 is on "blue cab" version by default. Or did I misunderstand the problem statement?

I already stated that this was wrong on my end mostly due to the hd version of the game using the sd bg video instead of properly using the hd version and trying to correct it will cause crashes and this happens either gold or blue

7 hours ago, BlueSupernova22 said:

I already stated that this was wrong on my end mostly due to the hd version of the game using the sd bg video instead of properly using the hd version and trying to correct it will cause crashes and this happens either gold or blue

Ah okay, much clearer now. :) It was indeed mentioned somewhere in this thread that the game may crash due to a resulting increased file size of the video when switching them. :)

Modifié par kanor

Hi Guys,

Sharing with you. I built Butterfly using official source and changed a few items. I'm presenting Butterfly version 1.1.1 (build date: 20200701)!

What's new:

• Update: updated some build tools versions and dependencies versions.
    • In non-technical terms: basically, updating stuff for building Butterfly with latest versions.
    • That being said, this version was built using Java 14 so please update your Java version before using this, and also do not forget to update your "PATH" as well as your Java "HOME" under "Environment Variables" in MS Windows.
  • Fixed: path where database will be created. Fixed this one; no need to specify the path in the. bat file.
    • Root cause: somewhere in the source code, the "path" where the database will be created is a "hard-coded" location/path. It should be "dynamic" (e.g. wherever Butterfly is run).
    • In layman's terms: the database will be created in the same path/location you run Butterfly. So the command to run Butterfly will no longer need to have the path/location indicated. It will simply be just:
java -jar (thebutterflyfile).jar
  • Fixed: "red-colored Network Error" prompt at Test Screen and "Network Error" on main game screen. This causes the game to be unable to connect to e-Amusement. Fixed this one.
    • Root cause: found a changed logic in the source code (looks like part of the original author's attempt/start work but wasn't finished). Reverted this changed logic for now.
    • In layman's terms: no need to rely on pre-filled/built database. Just run Butterfly clean and let it generate the database and you will not encounter the "Network Error" issue.

• Changed: disabled "forced extra stage"
    • I changed this because I want to experience the game just like in the real arcades where I will have to earn 9 "stars" to qualify for the "Extra Stage"
    • To-do: I can re-build this with forced Extra Stage again (based on user's feedback). Perhaps in a future version I'll add something like a "switch" so that users can change this as a matter of preference.

Download here.

I apologize that this is informal (the download link is in Mega, write-up is in a post) as it is a quick build. Still writing out the formal stuff and will update you guys.

EDIT:

I apologize; there's a "table" in the database that is supposed to populate with data automatically but looks like I forgot about it.

What to do: there's a quick fix for that. We can import the data manually. :)

1. Download the following: Make sure to save all these files in the same location as Butterfly!
    • ddr_16_global_events.sql (it's the same as the one in the original author's source code but only added additional rows of data, don't worry).
    • sqlite3.exe (this is an executable file officially downloaded from SQLite website. This way we don't have to download and install a full-blown application).
    • global_events_import.bat (this will perform the actual import of data).
  2. Run Butterfly at least once so that the database will be created. Note that the database should have the filename of "butterfly.sqlite".
  3. Once the database is created, run the "global_events_import.bat" file. This should import the information/data of the SQLite File/Script into Butterfly's database.
  4. Done!

Credits to @One Eternal Ash for discovering that adding up to 200 rows in the SQLite table will enable the ability to play Baby-Lon's Adventure and Rinon's Adventure and save/preserve the progress!

Modifié par topet2k12001
Found a way to import SQLite data via .bat file instead of forcing users to download an entire program/application.

58 minutes ago, topet2k12001 said:

Hi Guys,

Sharing with you. I built Butterfly using official source and changed a few items. I'm presenting Butterfly version 1.1.1 (build date: 20200701)!

What's new:

• Update: updated some build tools versions and dependencies versions.
    • In non-technical terms: basically, updating stuff for building Butterfly with latest versions.
    • That being said, this version was built using Java 14 so please update your Java version before using this, and also do not forget to update your "PATH" as well as your Java "HOME" under "Environment Variables" in MS Windows.
  • Fixed: path where database will be created. Fixed this one; no need to specify the path in the. bat file.
    • Root cause: somewhere in the source code, the "path" where the database will be created is a "hard-coded" location/path. It should be "dynamic" (e.g. wherever Butterfly is run).
    • In layman's terms: the database will be created in the same path/location you run Butterfly. So the command to run Butterfly will no longer need to have the path/location indicated. It will simply be just:

java -jar (thebutterflyfile).jar
  • Fixed: "red-colored Network Error" prompt at Test Screen and "Network Error" on main game screen. This causes the game to be unable to connect to e-Amusement. Fixed this one.
    • Root cause: found a changed logic in the source code (looks like part of the original author's attempt/start work but wasn't finished). Reverted this changed logic for now.
    • In layman's terms: no need to rely on pre-filled/built database. Just run Butterfly clean and let it generate the database and you will not encounter the "Network Error" issue.

• Changed: disabled "forced extra stage"
    • I changed this because I want to experience the game just like in the real arcades where I will have to earn 9 "stars" to qualify for the "Extra Stage"
    • To-do: I can re-build this with forced Extra Stage again (based on user's feedback). Perhaps in a future version I'll add something like a "switch" so that users can change this as a matter of preference.

Download here.

I apologize that this is informal (the download link is in Mega, write-up is in a post) as it is a quick build. Still writing out the formal stuff and will update you guys.

EDIT:

I apologize; there's a "table" in the database that is supposed to populate with data automatically but looks like I forgot about it.

What to do: there's a quick fix for that. We can import the data manually. :)

1. Download this SQLite File Script (it's the same as the one in the original author's source code, don't worry).
  2. Download and install DB Browser for SQLite.
  3. Run Butterfly at least once so that the database will be created. The database should have the filename of "butterfly.sqlite".
  4. Once the database is created, open it with DB Browser.
  5. Go to "Browse Data" and then open the "ddr_16_global_events" table.
    image.png.8319eb7f11f8022d42231f55e68e727a.png
  6. Choose "File" then "Import" and then "Database from SQL file..."
    image.png.c51d261923ee4de80cc7583597174874.png
  7. Locate the downloaded SQLite File Script and choose "Open" to open it.
    image.png.1bad30cace09cec5ea2e120939e6936d.png
  8. You will be asked if you want to create a new database file. Choose "No."
    image.png.3ef7cfaa42b173d1230b01e70ab52408.png
  9. Once the import is complete, click "OK."
    image.png.810f1a5fc6e7ca6ceba63459ff4a2de3.png
  10. The table should now look like this:
    image.png.f314ecee6aee0f9f79d3081c72edfa9e.png

let me try this. thanks.
can you also find a way to disable unlock songs on butterfly. I want to experience the EXTRA EXCLUSIVE sections.

Modifié par One Eternal Ash

22 minutes ago, One Eternal Ash said:

let me try this. thanks.
can you also find a way to disable unlock songs. I want to experience the EXTRA EXCLUSIVE sections.

@One Eternal Ash

Hmm, there are only 2 songs for EXTRA EXCLUSIVE in DDR A20: ORCA and Splash Gold. You won't see them as a separate section/folder (due to the "all songs unlocked" hack) if it's just the experience of playing them with 4 Lives then all you have to do is select either of them once you reach Extra Stage. :)

https://www.remywiki.com/AC_DDR_A20#EXTRA_EXCLUSIVE

For DDR A, however, I can do the EXTRA EXCLUSIVE but only the "latest status/snapshot" where all the EXTRA EXCLUSIVE songs are already considered "accomplished" and then the remaining songs will be Pursuer and Vanquish The Ghost. At least in the arcade this is how it is, so you still get to have the real-arcade experience. Like this: https://www.remywiki.com/AC_DDR_A#EXTRA_EXCLUSIVE

EXTRA EXCLUSIVE LEVEL 14 (August 16th, 2018)
  • FINAL STAGE: Love You More, IN BETWEEN, Cosy Catastrophe, Neutrino, out of focus, Ishtar, Start a New Day, Emera, Come to Life, Astrogazer, RISING FIRE HAWK, New Century
  • EXTRA STAGE LEVEL 1: Pursuer
  • EXTRA STAGE LEVEL 2: Vanquish The Ghost

EDIT: by the way, my SQLite File Script will "turn off" the Baby-Lon Adventure animation (the stairs animation during the song results at the end of each song) for DDR A. Anyway I'll just respond there since this is the DDR A20 thread.

Modifié par topet2k12001

1 hour ago, topet2k12001 said:

@One Eternal Ash

Hmm, there are only 2 songs for EXTRA EXCLUSIVE in DDR A20: ORCA and Splash Gold. You won't see them as a separate section/folder (due to the "all songs unlocked" hack) if it's just the experience of playing them with 4 Lives then all you have to do is select either of them once you reach Extra Stage. :)

https://www.remywiki.com/AC_DDR_A20#EXTRA_EXCLUSIVE

For DDR A, however, I can do the EXTRA EXCLUSIVE but only the "latest status/snapshot" where all the EXTRA EXCLUSIVE songs are already considered "accomplished" and then the remaining songs will be Pursuer and Vanquish The Ghost. At least in the arcade this is how it is, so you still get to have the real-arcade experience. Like this: https://www.remywiki.com/AC_DDR_A#EXTRA_EXCLUSIVE

EDIT: by the way, my SQLite File Script will "turn off" the Baby-Lon Adventure animation (the stairs animation during the song results at the end of each song) for DDR A. Anyway I'll just respond there since this is the DDR A20 thread.

That will be great, WOOHOO!, How about the ENDYMION EXTRA EXCLUSIVE along with ACE FOR ACES.

1 hour ago, One Eternal Ash said:

That will be great, WOOHOO!, How about the ENDYMION EXTRA EXCLUSIVE along with ACE FOR ACES.

Let's probably continue the discussion on the DDR A thread. :) Those are not part of EXTRA EXCLUSIVE but instead, RINON's ADVENTURE, it's a different event than BABY-LON's ADVENTURE so the mechanics are different. What I did for these two songs is just to simply unlock them. If you want to experience them as "secret songs" in the real acrade game, just play them at Extra Stage (Life 4). And then you have to PFC (Perfect Full Combo) Ace for Aces (experience-wise). :)

https://www.remywiki.com/AC_DDR_A#RINON.27S_ADVENTURE

Modifié par topet2k12001

12 minutes ago, topet2k12001 said:

Let's probably continue the discussion on the DDR A thread. :) Those are not part of EXTRA EXCLUSIVE but instead, RINON's ADVENTURE, it's a different event than BABY-LON's ADVENTURE so the mechanics are different. What I did for these two songs is just to simply unlock them. If you want to experience them as "secret songs" in the real acrade game, just play them at Extra Stage (Life 4). And then you have to PFC (Perfect Full Combo) Ace for Aces (experience-wise). :)

https://www.remywiki.com/AC_DDR_A#RINON.27S_ADVENTURE

OK!

En 15/5/2020 a las 20:16, FeelTheXtasy dijo:

Well, the arcutil.exe is part of the DDR A DB Manager... but here it is: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ldir2ar6e80si8g/arcutil.exe/file

1-. Install "K-Lite Mega Codec Pack": https://codecguide.com/download_k-lite_codec_pack_mega.htm || This will let you run even donuts on your pc / laptop.
2-. Install "Java": https://www.java.com/en/download/ || This is needed to run Butterfly (And I'm assuming you downloaded Butterfly in this thread just as the modified gamemdx.dll).
3-. Make sure you run the .bat included in the DDR A20 data at least once. Because you need to register some dlls. If it's not in there, copy the following code into a notepad window, then save it as "gamestart.bat":

@echo off

cd /d %~dp0

if not exist conf\nvram mkdir conf\nvram
if not exist conf\nvram\ea3-config.xml copy prop\eamuse-config.xml conf\nvram\ea3-config.xml
if not exist conf\nvram\coin.xml copy prop\coin.xml conf\nvram\coin.xml
if not exist conf\nvram\eacoin.xml copy prop\eacoin.xml conf\nvram\eacoin.xml
if not exist conf\nvram\testmode-v.xml copy prop\testmode-v.xml conf\nvram\testmode-v.xml
if not exist conf\raw mkdir conf\raw

regsvr32 /s com\k-clvsd.dll
regsvr32 /s com\xactengine2_10.dll

start spice.exe -w -netfixdisable -io -ddr -h 33554432 arkmdxp3.dll %*

What will do this script?
a-. Make NVRAM folder inside CONF.
b-. Copy some necessary xmls from PROP to the NVRAM folder (So if you edit your prop\ea3-config.xml, make sure you copy it over conf\nvram\ea3-config.xml just to be sure).
c-. Register k-clvsd.dll and xactengine2_19.dll into the system.

d-. Start the game some parameters. -w is for Windowed mode. If you want it full screen, just delete -w.

4-. Confirm that you edited your ea3-config.xml as the following pic.

Screenshot_109.png.b44b590ffaa2319cc735a029ad6b46b9.png

5-. After you did all what I mentioned before, make a shortcut to your desktop of spice.exe.
6-. Open the new shortcut properties and edit it like this in the TARGET line: <DDR A20 Folder>\contents\spice.exe -netfixdisable -io -ddr -h 33554432 arkmdxp3.dll

7-. Don't forget to create a txt with your "e-Amusement card". Just open a notepad, write E004XXXXXXXXXXXX (12 random characters between number and A to F. That's up to you.) and save it as card0.txt or whatever name you wanna use.

8-. Now open your spicecfg.exe that's in the DDR A20 folder and configure your keys and your card (That should be pretty intuitive and obvious). In the KEYPAD tab, click on the [...] right next to CARD PATH. Select your card0.txt. Also don't forget to pick whatever keyboard you're using to launch e-Amusement in that tab. After you make all those changes, just close spicecfg.

9-. Now I hope you already know how to launch Butterfly, so do it. When it's ready, launch DDR A20 from the shortcut. Have patience, it takes some time when you launch it after you turned on your Pc or a system restart.

9-. Voilá!

i use and config all like this, but send me a 5-2000-2403 error

Modifié par polivosm
error code

I will give you an update once again for those who want to try the real experince with the butterfly server 1.1.1 give me time until tomorrow or during this week.

I will upload all the DDR A and A20 files once again.

Invité
Ce sujet ne peut plus recevoir de nouvelles réponses.
  • Créer...