Aller au contenu

[Arcade PC] Dance Dance Revolution A20 (Konami)

palitroque

Messages recommandés

@NoctsRanun the term "leak" is often associated with, or denotes, a "deliberate" disclosure (of information or data or whatever). That's why @tw3nz0r has it correctly when he said "it depends on when someone decides to share."

The "decides to share" part is the key component to the meaning of a "leak" because that is what constitutes the "deliberate" disclosure of the information. So, technically a "leak" is a "breach" of something that should not have been divulged.

I understand that in daily social media lingo/talks, people nowadays talk of a "leak" as something that's "an okay thing" that people talk about publicly, and as if it is supposed to happen at regular time intervals (for example, "leaks" about the next smart phone model from brand xyz). I think the term and context got romanticized/glamorized through the years and has gotten out of context.

Sometimes, information is "leaked intentionally" as a marketing strategy (to create "buzz"). But that's a different discussion altogether. :)

Modifié par kanor

25 minutes ago, kanor said:

@NoctsRanun the term "leak" is often associated with, or denotes, a "deliberate" disclosure (of information or data or whatever). That's why @tw3nz0r has it correctly when he said "it depends on when someone decides to share."

The "decides to share" part is the key component to the meaning of a "leak" because that is what constitutes the "deliberate" disclosure of the information. So, technically a "leak" is a "breach" of something that should not have been divulged.

I understand that in daily social media lingo/talks, people nowadays talk of a "leak" as something that's "an okay thing" that people talk about publicly, and as if it is supposed to happen at regular time intervals (for example, "leaks" about the next smart phone model from brand xyz). I think the term and context got romanticized/glamorized through the years and has gotten out of context.

Sometimes, information is "leaked intentionally" as a marketing strategy (to create "buzz"). But that's a different discussion altogether. :)

Ah, it's like a shared media...no wait, Everyone can share stuff something like that.

Modifié par NoctsRanun

5 minutes ago, NoctsRanun said:

Ah, it's like a shared media.

If you mean those "intentional leaks" perhaps, yes...but not software leaks like these arcade data games in this forum site. The leaks here are "true-definition" leaks and not "marketing-related" leaks.

Modifié par kanor

So starting with a fresh download (all previous versions/attempts as well as the spicetools xml file in the roaming folder were deleted). Following the steps of the readme, copying contents of the DDR20A update pack into the contents of the mdx-001-2019090300 pack, configuring my controller in the spicetoolscfg,  and running DDR.exe for the first time . After loading to the title screen , in the bottom left corner it says Checking Network Connection game play is currently unavailable . Here are links to the screenshots of the files as well as the log and message . https://imgur.com/a/72Yb34c

46 minutes ago, Bloodwraythe said:

Ive ran it more than once, the pictures were after attempting to run ddr.exe multiple times and letting it progress to the title screen

There are files missing in your game folder. Files that "ddr.exe" is supposed to generate. I can't see them in the screenshot.

You're missing:

1. butterfly.exe - this gets "generated" by ddr.exe
  2. butterfly.sqlite (it gets generated when you run ddr.exe for the first time) - this gets "generated" by butterfly.exe (which runs automatically as part of running ddr.exe)
  3. butterflyserver-1.2.0-20200705.jar - this gets "generated" by butterfly.exe (which runs automatically as part of running ddr.exe)
  4. card0.txt - you forgot to configure this in spicecfg.exe (spicecfg.exe is going to generate a "card' for you)
  5. card1.txt (optional) - for Player 2

EXPLANATION: The file "butterfly.exe" is the "emulated e-Amusement server" so if it's not running then your game will be "offline" or "disconnected from the network" hence you are seeing that error message at the start screen. And based on the screenshot you provided, I can't find butterfly.exe and its related files.

It could be caused by either you not clicking on "Yes" during Windows UAC (User Account Control) - that pop-up that typically appears when you run/launch an .exe file. Or...it could be caused by an incomplete configuration where you forgot to configure your "cards" from spicecfg.exe.

If possible/if you can: keep that same window (the screenshot below) maximized...then run ddr.exe. And screen-record the entire process as it happens. But keep that window in plain view so that we can see whether the needed files are getting generated.

Or just put the command window and that Explorer window side-by-side so that both can be seen during the screen recording.

pubU6U8.png

Modifié par kanor

32 minutes ago, kanor said:

There are files missing in your game folder. Files that "ddr.exe" is supposed to generate. I can't see them in the screenshot.

You're missing:

1. butterfly.exe - this gets "generated" by ddr.exe
  2. butterfly.sqlite (it gets generated when you run ddr.exe for the first time) - this gets "generated" by butterfly.exe (which runs automatically as part of running ddr.exe)
  3. butterflyserver-1.2.0-20200705.jar - this gets "generated" by butterfly.exe (which runs automatically as part of running ddr.exe)
  4. card0.txt - you forgot to configure this in spicecfg.exe (spicecfg.exe is going to generate a "card' for you)
  5. card1.txt (optional) - for Player 2

EXPLANATION: The file "butterfly.exe" is the "emulated e-Amusement server" so if it's not running then your game will be "offline" or "disconnected from the network" hence you are seeing that error message at the start screen. And based on the screenshot you provided, I can't find butterfly.exe and its related files.

It could be caused by either you not clicking on "Yes" during Windows UAC (User Account Control) - that pop-up that typically appears when you run/launch an .exe file. Or...it could be caused by an incomplete configuration where you forgot to configure your "cards" from spicecfg.exe.

If possible/if you can: keep that same window (the screenshot below) maximized...then run ddr.exe. And screen-record the entire process as it happens. But keep that window in plain view so that we can see whether the needed files are getting generated.

Or just put the command window and that Explorer window side-by-side so that both can be seen during the screen recording.

pubU6U8.png

Got the video for you here https://www.loom.com/share/d663d6b7da9d42c9b5a588baccb12c9a

6 minutes ago, Bloodwraythe said:

3 minutes ago, tw3nz0r said:

Is Java 8 installed? The server requires Java 8.

Hi @Bloodwraythe,

I commented on your video. :)

So at around 1:27...that particular command window that closed...that's the butterfly server. It's supposed to stay open throughout your play session (you only close/exit it after you play and exit the game). But, it closed unexpectedly. @tw3nz0r may be right, it could be that you don't have Java installed (minimum version 8). https://java.com/en/download/

@topet2k12001 I think you need to add a "checking mechanism" in the script to check if the user has Java 8 installed and if not, exit the script.

iWvAizx.png

9 minutes ago, tw3nz0r said:

I did need to install Java, that was my mistake im pretty new to this ,  however now it is booting up the server but it now crashes , here is the video https://www.loom.com/share/a8ae11ef5e0243798a24fdb8625ad5cc

8 minutes ago, Bloodwraythe said:

I did need to install Java, that was my mistake im pretty new to this ,  however now it is booting up the server but it now crashes , here is the video https://www.loom.com/share/a8ae11ef5e0243798a24fdb8625ad5cc

It crashed only/probably because you were screen recording it. I say "probably" because I have experienced the same with a some screen recording apps.

Butterfly "listens" on "Port 80" and some screen recording apps "lock" that port too, causing the crash.

Try it again but this time don't screen-record it. :) And then let us know.

But at least, as far as the script working, looks like it's working just fine. I see the required files now in the video.

The first time you start the game, you only register a username and PIN. You exit the game after that. And then run ddr.exe again.

Modifié par kanor

3 minutes ago, kanor said:

It crashed only/probably because you were screen recording it. I say "probably" because I have experienced the same with a some screen recording apps.

Butterfly "listens" on "Port 80" and some screen recording apps "lock" that port too, causing the crash.

Try it again but this time don't screen-record it. :) And then let us know.

Unfortunately even with the screen recorder off i got the same results.

1 minute ago, Bloodwraythe said:

What reason do i have to lie? Im not doing this for me im doing it as a surprise for a friend.    heres the log https://www.loom.com/share/a5eedcc23a36467b87d377fe97956a00

Um, could you attach it here instead? It would be easier for us that way instead.

Logs are safe to share, don't worry. They get replaced anyway everytime you play.

15 minutes ago, Bloodwraythe said:

Here you go

log.txt

So...towards the end of the log (usually that's where you'd want to look first because the last few lines, before the game crashes, is where it would indicate something), I saw this (highlighted in red), something has "failed" and you can see it below (with "F" at the start).

[2020/07/20 18:46:26] M:xrpc: tax.get_phase result make/pkt/resp/fin/comm=32/33/10/1/24302
[2020/07/20 18:46:26] F:saveXML: libXml : save file failed.
[2020/07/20 05:46:28] W:signal: exception raised: EXCEPTION_BREAKPOINT
[2020/07/20 05:46:28] I:signal: printing callstack
[2020/07/20 05:46:28] I:stackwalker: 6FA74880 (libavs-win32): (unknown): XCd229cc000099
[2020/07/20 05:46:28] I:stackwalker: 10019911 (arkmdxp3): (unknown): arkHeapDebug
[2020/07/20 05:46:28] I:stackwalker: 10018825 (arkmdxp3): (unknown): arkHeapDebug
[2020/07/20 05:46:28] I:stackwalker: 1001A470 (arkmdxp3): (unknown): arkHeapDebug

[2020/07/20 05:46:28] I:stackwalker: 1000FCC9 (arkmdxp3): (unknown): arkGetTickTime64
[2020/07/20 05:46:28] I:stackwalker: 10002447 (arkmdxp3): (unknown): (unknown)
[2020/07/20 05:46:28] I:stackwalker: 10096D6B (arkmdxp3): (unknown): arkMDXUpdate
[2020/07/20 05:46:28] I:stackwalker: 5EF382B5 (gamemdx): (unknown): gameMain
[2020/07/20 05:46:28] I:stackwalker: 5EF32C2F (gamemdx): (unknown): (unknown)
[2020/07/20 05:46:28] I:stackwalker: 5F03AEC1 (gamemdx): (unknown): gameMain
[2020/07/20 05:46:28] I:stackwalker: 5F03A6EF (gamemdx): (unknown): gameMain
[2020/07/20 05:46:28] I:stackwalker: 5EF3326C (gamemdx): (unknown): (unknown)
[2020/07/20 05:46:28] I:stackwalker: 5EF33404 (gamemdx): (unknown): (unknown)
[2020/07/20 05:46:28] I:stackwalker: 5EF33888 (gamemdx): (unknown): gameMain
[2020/07/20 05:46:28] I:stackwalker: 10001DFA (arkmdxp3): (unknown): (unknown)
[2020/07/20 05:46:28] I:stackwalker: 100030CD (arkmdxp3): (unknown): (unknown)
[2020/07/20 05:46:28] I:stackwalker: 00449E8F (spice): (unknown): (unknown)
[2020/07/20 05:46:28] I:stackwalker: 0071E910 (spice): (unknown): (unknown)
[2020/07/20 05:46:28] I:stackwalker: 00401386 (spice): (unknown): (unknown)
[2020/07/20 05:46:28] I:stackwalker: 76476359 (KERNEL32): (unknown): BaseThreadInitThunk
[2020/07/20 05:46:28] I:stackwalker: 772A7C24 (ntdll): (unknown): RtlGetAppContainerNamedObjectPath
[2020/07/20 05:46:28] I:stackwalker: 772A7BF4 (ntdll): (unknown): RtlGetAppContainerNamedObjectPath
[2020/07/20 05:46:29] F:signal: end
[2020/07/20 05:46:29] I:launcher: stopping subsystems
[2020/07/20 05:46:29] I:logger: stop
[2020/07/20 05:46:29] I:rawinput: disposing devices

I also noticed this in the first 3 lines of the log:

[2020/07/20 05:46:19] I:launcher: SpiceTools Bootstrap (x32)
[2020/07/20 05:46:19] I:launcher: 1.0-V-2020-06-15T22:40:42
[2020/07/20 05:46:19] I:launcher: arguments: -exec arkmdxp3.dll -exec arkmdxp3.dll -k ddrhook.dll -k ddrhook.dll -netfixdisable -netfixdisable -ddr -ddr -io -io -h 33554432 -h 33554432

Can you try the following:

1. In spicecfg.exe, in the "Options" tab...remove all checked/enabled/entered figures. Looks like ddr.exe is already configured with those options so, when you enabled the same options in spicecfg.exe, we now see double-entries of those options.
  2. Right-click on butterfly.sqlite (the file that got generated earlier). Check/enabled "Read Only" and press OK. And then repeat (right-click on butterfly.sqlite) and then uncheck/disable "Read Only" and then press OK again.
  3. Make sure no system/game files are open (from the game folder).
  4. Open your "spicetools.xml" and in the "options" section, double-check that indeed all options are turned off (don't worry, ddr.exe will "invoke" those options whenever you run the game through it).
  5. Restart the computer, and then give it another try.
  6. During the game "Settings Check" screen (the black screen) try to interrupt it by going to the Service Menu. If you are able to do so, please double-check and set the clock (to your local/PC time).

Modifié par kanor

hace 2 horas, tw3nz0r dijo:

The game was working perfect, but after a Windows update it stopped working and had the same problem as @Bloodwraythe, and even though I did a clean install of mdx-001-2019090300 + A20 Update pack again and deleting the Spicetool.xlm file, nothing solved the problem.

The only way that works was installing Java 8. Thank you very much @kanor and @tw3nz0r!

Modifié par Patchiu

12 minutes ago, Patchiu said:

The game was working perfect, but after a Windows update it stopped working and had the same problem as @Bloodwraythe, and even though I did a clean install of mdx-001-2019090300 + A20 Update pack again and deleting the Spicetool.xlm file, nothing solved the problem.

The only way that works was installing Java 8. Thank you very much @kanor and @tw3nz0r!

Strange...Java has always been the requirement of butterfly anyway (it's a Java application).

2 minutes ago, tw3nz0r said:

I won't be releasing my findings... just yet, but it'll allow a few hundred more songs without issue. My current build has 1213 songs.

Oh you mean sir that there's a limitation to the number of songs you can add and you were able to overcome it?

I didn't know there was such a limitation...but that is a great find from your end! I'm impressed! 🙂

Congrats once again!

2 minutes ago, topet2k12001 said:

Oh you mean sir that there's a limitation to the number of songs you can add and you were able to overcome it?

I didn't know there was such a limitation...but that is a great find from your end! I'm impressed! 🙂

Congrats once again!

Yeah the game will crash and close within a few seconds if you hit the memory error. I would not normally be able to load this many songs all at once, I've added over 300 if you include the initial 20 pack I released.

I've been working on a handful of 2ndMIX club songs this past weekend. Last weekend I added EuroMIX2. I haven't adjusted X-style ratings for some of these yet.109744457_326343475200757_1836258418601940759_n.png?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=bx4MxQT3KikAX-8ZkHP&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=2aadeb5282d02e55b6f383fc8eba080d&oe=5F3B7DE8

Modifié par tw3nz0r

Invité
Ce sujet ne peut plus recevoir de nouvelles réponses.
  • CrĂ©er...