Aller au contenu

[Arcade PC] Dance Dance Revolution A20 (Konami)

palitroque

Messages recommandés

Hello! First of all, thanks a lot for all of this!

I read all the pages of the topic, and Im still confused about how to get the last ddr A20 data (afaik, is 20200203, via patch) with all the events available.

I ended up with a blue a20 ,20200203 data, using "minifixGAMEMDX (posted in the thread,in order to solve the log in crash using butterfly) and also I used "global_events_import.bat", assuming this unlock all the songs for normal play.

I would like to know, is the 20200203 the final data available? is there any way to play this data with events, or better I should stick to my current setup (which Im reinstalling it again, since Im getting a white screen after booting spicetools, dont know why, it was working...)

Im looking for the most recent build, trying to keep all the possible events to keep the "official arcade" feel.

Thanks and sorry for any inconvenience,.

edit: Im using this folder/files 

Sin tĂ­tulo.png

Captura.PNG

Modifié par Kralde

1 minute ago, eeeeeeeeeeee said:

@kanor no! There where things still left to correct on my question up there, read it in full! But yeah I was referring to that, sort of.

No as well because I was also editing my message (read it again also). :)

And it looks like the App Page in Play Store has the general instruction on how to use it

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=spicedev.spicecompanion

How to use with SpiceTools:
In your batch file setup to for usage with SpiceTools, enable the -api and -apipass parameters with your desired port and password, respectively. After you've done that, add your server in the app, connect to it, and you're good to go!

Example usage of the parameters:
"-api 1337 -apipass changeme"

7 minutes ago, Kralde said:

Hello! First of all, thanks a lot for all of this!

I read all the pages of the topic, and Im still confused about how to get the last ddr A20 data (afaik, is 20200203, via patch) with all the events available.

I ended up with a blue a20 ,20200203 data, using "minifixGAMEMDX (posted in the thread,in order to solve the log in crash using butterfly) and also I used "global_events_import.bat", assuming this unlock all the songs for normal play.

I would like to know, is the 20200203 the final data available? is there any way to play this data with events, or better I should stick to my current setup (which Im reinstalling it again, since Im getting a white screen after booting spicetools, dont know why, it was working...)

Im looking for the most recent build, trying to keep all the possible events to keep the "official arcade" feel.

Thanks and sorry for any inconvenience,.

Hello,

There is no "20200203 data." I mean it exists (you see the files all over the place), but it is manually typed over but in reality the contents are just 2019090300.

It is a zip file with some files that you uncompress and copy-paste over an existing/fresh installation of 2019090300. The real significance of that "patch" is that it contains some songs that were not yet available/existent in the 2019090300 arcade data dump, that's it. All the other functionalities that you see (e.g. events) is the work of 6 guys.

No it does not have anything inside of it that enables events, sorry. It was the work of the 6 guys that you have read in this thread (if you read every page) that enabled those events, and not the 2020020300 zip file itself.

Read everything because many things changed. For example, that "global_events_import.bat" is just one of our WIP (work-in-progress) attempts.

To give a simple answer: the "final product" is the most recent "DDR A20 Update Pack" and it has already evolved. :)

Modifié par kanor

hace 1 minuto, kanor dijo:

Hello,

There is no "20200203 data." I mean it exists (you see the files all over the place), but it is manually typed over but in reality the contents are just 2019090300.

It is a zip file with some files that you uncompress and copy-paste over an existing/fresh installation of 2019090300.

No it does not have anything inside of it that enables events, sorry. It was the work of the 6 guys that you have read in this thread (if you read every page) that enabled those events, and not the 2020020300 zip file itself.

Read everything because many things changed. For example, that "global_events_import.bat" is just one of our WIP (work-in-progress) attempts.

To give a simple answer: the "final product" is the most recent "DDR A20 Update Pack" and it has already evolved. :)

Hello, thanks for your time.

Then, the best I can do is to download a fresh 2019090300 data and then apply the "DDR A20 Update pack", is that right?

Thanks a lot

Just now, Kralde said:

Then, the best I can do is to download a fresh 2019090300 data and then apply the "DDR A20 Update pack", is that right?

Thanks a lot

You got it! :)

The "DDR A20 Update Pack" already covers all of the evolution that has happened from the time that the "2020020300 patch" has been dumped. Basically, our work started at page 14 or 16. Please make sure to read the README.txt in full, make sure to understand it fully before executing. It should be simple. :)

Justo ahora, kanor dijo:

You got it! :)

The "DDR A20 Update Pack" already covers all of the evolution that has happened from the time that the "2020020300 patch" has been dumped. Basically, our work started at page 14 or 16. Please make sure to read the README.txt in full, make sure to understand it fully before executing. It should be simple. :)

Ill try that then. Thanks a lot for your help and your time! 

5 minutes ago, Kralde said:

I have another question ,sorry!

Does GOAT works with the DDR A20 update pack? Is a tool to change the timing values to adjust them to your setup. Thanks!

We haven't heard of "GOAT" but if it's "offset" that you're talking about (because when changing the game to "Gold Cab" mode the timing gets ruined), the answer is: we do it manually. See my post either Page 14 or 16.

EDIT:

When playing the game on the default "Blue Cab" mode, we have observed the timing to be just fine. No adjustments needed.

EDIT:

I believe the "DDR A20 Update Pack" is already modified to suit that timing change (on "Gold Cab" mode only).

Modifié par kanor

hace 29 minutos, kanor dijo:

We haven't heard of "GOAT" but if it's "offset" that you're talking about (because when changing the game to "Gold Cab" mode the timing gets ruined), the answer is: we do it manually. See my post either Page 14 or 16.

Goat is a tool released in order to adjust the DDR A timing. It works with 2019090300 data.(at least before any modification)

You have to select the gamemdx.dll and then you can select the cabinet type or type custom values as well.

I usually use this tool to fix the timing issues in my cabinet while playing the data.

As soon I got all working again, I will try it and see if it works. EDIT: it works.

I leave a screenshot of the program.

"SSQ_OFFSET, chart offset, the larger the value the later the game is
SOUND_OFFSET, sound offset value, the larger value/the later the sound is [ms]
INPUT_OFFSET, input offset value, the larger the value/the sooner the game will perform judgement [ms]
RENDER_OFFSET, drawing offset value, the larger the value/the later the arrow is visually. Used to compensate for latency. [ms]
BOMB_FRAME_OFFSET, explosion animation offset, drawing delay and input delay [frame]
"

Cabinet types (and it default values,NOT including ssq offset)

"00 CRT 945 P3IO (28, 17, 0, 1)
01 LCD 945 P3IO (28, 36, 1, 1)
02 LCD HM64 P4IO (124, 28, 36, 2)
03 CRT ADE-6291 P4IO (105, 28, 17, 0)
04 LCD ADE-6291 P4IO (105, 28, 36, 1)
05 LCD ADE-6291 P4IO (105, 28, 36, 2)
06 LCD ADE-6291 BIO2 (105, 28, 15, 1)
"

Thanks!

Captura.PNG

Modifié par Kralde

31 minutes ago, Kralde said:

Goat is a tool released in order to adjust the DDR A timing. It works with 2019090300 data.(at least before any modification)

You have to select the gamemdx.dll and then you can select the cabinet type or type custom values as well.

I usually use this tool to fix the timing issues in my cabinet while playing the data.

As soon I got all working again, I will try it and see if it works.

I leave a screenshot of the program.

"SSQ_OFFSET, chart offset, the larger the value the later the game is
SOUND_OFFSET, sound offset value, the larger value/the later the sound is [ms]
INPUT_OFFSET, input offset value, the larger the value/the sooner the game will perform judgement [ms]
RENDER_OFFSET, drawing offset value, the larger the value/the later the arrow is visually. Used to compensate for latency. [ms]
BOMB_FRAME_OFFSET, explosion animation offset, drawing delay and input delay [frame]
"

Cabinet types (and it default values,NOT including ssq offset)

"00 CRT 945 P3IO (28, 17, 0, 1)
01 LCD 945 P3IO (28, 36, 1, 1)
02 LCD HM64 P4IO (124, 28, 36, 2)
03 CRT ADE-6291 P4IO (105, 28, 17, 0)
04 LCD ADE-6291 P4IO (105, 28, 36, 1)
05 LCD ADE-6291 P4IO (105, 28, 36, 2)
06 LCD ADE-6291 BIO2 (105, 28, 15, 1)
"

Thanks!

Captura.PNG

Ah okay.

From the looks of it, it basically aims to make it "easy" to edit gamemdx.dll with the offset value that you have identified as "a good sync value." Indeed, a tool. But also from the looks of it, it still doesn't take away the need for the actual user to identify the correct timing value (e.g. change the value->test it = if not satisfactory, adjust the value again and test again, repeat). Is that right?

I think the effect is the same as the method I described in my post, the only difference being that one makes it easy to make the edit/change. But ultimately, the process is the same and the real hard work involved can't be avoided (change the setting -> test->repeat until satisfied).

EDIT:

I see, you have a cabinet. I think that tool benefits you, then. I would imagine how inconvenient it would be to make changes when doing them on an arcade cabinet. It  does make sense to use that tool in your case, then.

Modifié par kanor

hace 18 minutos, kanor dijo:

Ah okay.

From the looks of it, it basically aims to make it "easy" to edit gamemdx.dll with the offset value that you have identified as "a good sync value." Indeed, a tool. But also from the looks of it, it still doesn't take away the need for the actual user to identify the correct timing value (e.g. change the value->test it = if not satisfactory, adjust the value again and test again, repeat). Is that right?

I think the effect is the same as the method I described in my post, the only difference being that one makes it easy to make the edit/change. But ultimately, the process is the same and the real hard work involved can't be avoided (change the setting -> test->repeat until satisfied).

EDIT:

I see, you have a cabinet. I think that tool benefits you, then. I would imagine how inconvenient it would be to make changes when doing them on an arcade cabinet. It  does make sense to use that tool in your case, then.

It is exactly as you said. You have to change the value, test it on game, and repeat until satisfied

Thanks!

13 minutes ago, Kralde said:

It is exactly as you said. You have to change the value, test it on game, and repeat until satisfied

Thanks!

I see. :) For a moment I thought it had the capability to automatically identify the correct offset values (then again, there's an element of "perception" involved so there's really no single correct value that applies to everyone).

For now I'm fine with manually doing it (but I'm only saying it because I'm playing the game on a PC and not a cabinet). But it wouldn't hurt to share it, if you can. :) For the benefit of others. :)

Modifié par kanor

hace 12 minutos, kanor dijo:

I see. :) For a moment I thought it had the capability to automatically identify the correct offset values (then again, there's an element of "perception" involved so there's really no single correct value that applies to everyone).

For now I'm fine with manually doing it (but I'm only saying it because I'm playing the game on a PC and not a cabinet). But it wouldn't hurt to share it, if you can. :) For the benefit of others. :)

Of course. The program does not belong to me and Im only providing the download link from the original creator.

https://dinsfire.com/software/goat/goat_v05.zip

@Kralde

Here's my original post where I documented my process of finding the "best" offset. It's manually done (by directly hex-editing the gamemdx.dll) and not via a GUI tool like GOAT, but in essence if you look at the process in its entirety, that's the only difference between manually doing it vs. using GOAT.

http://www.emuline.org/topic/1589-arcade-pc-dance-dance-revolution-a20-konami/?do=findComment&comment=76160

Just now, Kralde said:

Of course. The program does not belong to me and Im only providing the download link from the original creator.

https://dinsfire.com/software/goat/goat_v05.zip

Thanks for sharing. I think it will benefit those who play with an arcade cabinet (I would imagine it's more convenient).

I'll give it a go even if I'm using a PC, for learning purposes. :)

hace 2 horas, kanor dijo:

Ah you mean the "Spice Companion" app in Play Store where your phone can act as the NFC Reader.

I know my friends have already configured this (and with video as proof) but I didn't bother asking (yet) since we were busy with something else (as you can see in the thread). :) We practically just smoothened the game (to our satisfaction) only very recently. So to be honest, no, we haven't taken a look at it yet.

Ah, here you go: http://bemani.guide/extras/spiceguide/#spicecompanion

Done! Thanks!

Modifié par eeeeeeeeeeee

hace 5 horas, eeeeeeeeeeee dijo:

Hey!!!!!! Hope this doesn't come as a strange and impossible idea. I've got the 2019090300 HDD with the Blue gamemdx.dll provided by @B4SH-T running perfectly with butterfly. I have a bit of a question now that everything is up and running. Is there a way to insert card from the app NFCeAmuse (wonder if anyone knows about it here) with the BemaniTools 5***** eamio.dll on (which actually let's you use the NFeAmuse app from your android device) while being connected to butterfly, kind of using the WiFi connection feature that the app has as some kind of bridge for it? Does anybody know about that? Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!

Did someone called me? Yup, there is a way. As @kanor mentioned, you can use spice companion for that BUT the big difference with it, Spice Companion gives full access to the machine, in other words, you can configure the buttons, turn the machine off, restart the machine, etc etc. Aside from NFCAmuse, which just logs you into the game and doesn't give admin permissions to access the game.  I been using it a lot, THE ONLY CONDITION, users and machine needs to be in the same network

To use eamio and spicetools (with whatever server, includes butterfly online-offline): In the gamestart, add the parameter -bt5api -io

for example like this one:

spice -io -bt5api -ddr (...)

IF, FOR SOME REASON, you can't see your machine on NFCAmuse (it happened once installing and installing stuff from different datas on internet), just change the dll to this one which is the official one I guess (1cc source)

https://mega.nz/file/dnQEiahS#O2tEIZQnK75s-wh6K26WoBY5w9Dk4MFjEAFJrXWm_GE

Screenshot_20200719_123423.jpg

Modifié par B4SH-T

Just now, tw3nz0r said:

Do you not have the one that was posted earlier in this thread? It's better quality than this.

i already have it, i just found this one. Either way, i'll take both

Modifié par One Eternal Ash

6 minutes ago, tw3nz0r said:

@One Eternal Ash I'm calling it right now, Reiwa will be the first removal in years, whenever it may be.

I assuming KONAMI already planned it for the next DDR game. most license songs will be removed eventually. Like they did with PANDORA / A LOVE LIKE THIS

Modifié par One Eternal Ash

4 minutes ago, One Eternal Ash said:

I assuming KONAMI already planned it for the next DDR game. most license songs will be removed eventually. Like they did with PANDORA / A LOVE LIKE THIS

I'm basing my guess based on Memeshikute being removed 3 8 months after DDR A was released.

Modifié par tw3nz0r

hace 4 horas, tw3nz0r dijo:

Changing offsets to your liking is gross and ruins the authenticity, but whatever. I play on a CRT cab with a P3IO, and have the tight stock timings and love it, and wouldn't have it any other way.

I don't see it like you do

You change the offset, the position of the arrows to make the game synced, like when you play on a actual cabinet. It's.not like I'm making the timing easier or.something like that. The build here for example does have the offset changed.  It just for playing it properly on different kind and types of setups:)

On mine if I use stock timing I will get full miss combo if I don't press the arrows about 3 seconds earlier. It depends on how you connect the pads, your screen...the tool exist only to configure it for your setup. Konami does the same. Konami has different combinations of values for the different types of machine. This is the same

I think that since.you use.PIO3 that's the reason why you probably have almost perfect timing without modifications, that's cool!

Bye :)

Modifié par Kralde

Hello, I have all the songs and contents downloaded and collected in the entire A20 folder. There are some iterations that happened in my overnight attempts:

1. Brown Spice played when gamemdx.dll involves current songs from DDR 1 - 16 but incomplete songs. (Of course I clicked the Unlock Song in the DLL modder but I tried using DB Manager to unlock them all but nothing happened.

2. gamemdx.dll crashes even though the entire code starts from 90 90 in the Hex Editor. Red Spice crashes randomly.

Is there any other way to solve this problem?

18 minutes ago, tw3nz0r said:

What the fuck is Brown Spice and Red Spice?

Brown Spice: The man with the glasses icon, used to open DDRX2 arcade files

Red Spice: A red chili icon used to open DDR 2014. Some games that opened through Red Spice randomly bequeathes a shut down or a stop command.

2 hours ago, NoctsRanun said:

Hello, I have all the songs and contents downloaded and collected in the entire A20 folder. There are some iterations that happened in my overnight attempts:

1. Brown Spice played when gamemdx.dll involves current songs from DDR 1 - 16 but incomplete songs. (Of course I clicked the Unlock Song in the DLL modder but I tried using DB Manager to unlock them all but nothing happened.

2. gamemdx.dll crashes even though the entire code starts from 90 90 in the Hex Editor. Red Spice crashes randomly.

Is there any other way to solve this problem?

8 minutes ago, NoctsRanun said:

Brown Spice: The man with the glasses icon, used to open DDRX2 arcade files

Red Spice: A red chili icon used to open DDR 2014. Some games that opened through Red Spice randomly bequeathes a shut down or a stop command.

Hello,

Guys, let's not complicate and keep it simple since we already worked hard to sort it out for all of you. :)

1. Download the 2019090300 data dump (the torrent).
  2. Download DDR A20 Update Pack and use it. The instructions are in the README.txt.

18 hours ago, Kralde said:

Thanks a lot

LIke this. Just like this.

Modifié par kanor

Just now, kanor said:

Hello,

Guys, let's not complicate and keep it simple since we already worked hard to sort it out for all of you. :)

1. Download the 2019090300 data dump (the torrent).
  2. Download DDR A20 Update Pack and use it. The instructions are in the README.txt.

LIke this. Just like this.

Yeah I did all of it. That one I downloaded was 2019090300 one. The only thing that happens was opening the game. Also, card swiping encounters me a game crash even though it's in 90 90 in the Hex editor file. Plus Red Spice software keeps on crashing like the only problem is game crashing.

Just now, NoctsRanun said:

Yeah I did all of it. That one I downloaded was 2019090300 one. The only thing that happens was opening the game. Also, card swiping encounters me a game crash even though it's in 90 90 in the Hex editor file. Plus Red Spice software keeps on crashing like the only problem is game crashing.

I don't believe you did because it shouldn't crash. We don't even know anything about a "Brown Spice." :)

Invité
Ce sujet ne peut plus recevoir de nouvelles réponses.
  • CrĂ©er...