Aller au contenu

[Tuto] virtua Fighter 5C How to Install and full screen.

Invité linglang

Messages recommandés

Like I said in my message, Patch folder isn't part of game archive, I use Trymado's Hyperspin files (no games included, I have to add them manually, editing TeknoParrot and RocketLauncher configurations to match mine and sometimes differents configurations for games) and he added patches for games under that folder, when there's some. So under Patch folder for VF5C I have (you can see I added executables for Game Loader All RH by his date) :

Capture1.PNG.67dc6a6b6964972de1c30150c42c46a1.PNG

I don't see any relation. Only thing I think of concerning TeknoParrot is WIndowed mode like I said in my message. But launching it through GLARH solve issue (windowed mode can be unticked under TeknoParrot). Anyway if you want it fullscreen you'll have to deal with GLARH.

PS : I have shared my settings just in case some people are in the same situation. But like I said, sometimes known working configurations aren't working for me... sometimes I have to use a completely different one... so maybe it is the case for you here. For example some directly tick fullscreen mode on GLARH's Window size tab, I don't.

Modifié par Kleyon

Le 2021/3/26 à 02:58, Kleyon a dit :

For example some directly tick fullscreen mode on GLARH's Window size tab, I don't.

It's so funny that if I directly tick full screen mode on GLARH's Window size tab, I'd get a full screen windowed mode. I followed your setting like below and was able to see the exactly same result. I'm happy now. Thanks a million. 

Le 2021/3/25 à 23:24, stanleyyeh0205 a dit :

So I finally used vf5 -wsvga 1280x720, -wxga2 1366x768, cause thread author talked about 1366x768 resolution.

Under Game Loader Config , on Loader settings 1 tab, I used wsvga parameter, indicated 1280x720 for resolution and clicked on patch and save.

Under Game Loader Config, on Window size tab, I didn't touch anything, setting is set to 0 and I did not tick full screen (Windowed is unticked under TeknoParrot).

In fact not completely, intro video is having vertical black bands, and seems like menus are having those bands too (but not blackened). Gameplay result in a clean fullscreen... seems like it is normal. Original screenshots are in 3840x2160 like I said resolution signal is always the same ( I add an external link hosting gameplay original screenshot).

A few things that I'd never understand are:

1. I've downloaded the game from multiple sources, (MotherLoad of Dumps, TeknoParrot Roms, VirusMan, and Trymado, but none of them contains a folder called Patch (For those that still can't get the game going, please check if you have this folder under root folder. You don't need to put anything there)

2. When it comes to full screen on at least a FHD monitor, we'd just think of 1920 * 1080 but in VF5C's case, you have to go with 1280 * 720.

3. It's also possible that what works for me doesn't work for others. 

Il y a 8 heures, stanleyyeh0205 a dit :

It's so funny that if I directly tick full screen mode on GLARH's Window size tab, I'd get a full screen windowed mode. I followed your setting like below and was able to see the exactly same result. I'm happy now. Thanks a million.

Man, I only tells what I encountered! For me, if I tick Fullscreen mode on GLARH, fullscreen isn't matching display and I lost a part of image on the right, but not using settings I posted.... on my case! My comment is all about explaining sometimes common settings aren't working for everybody! Ah and you're welcome!

Or did I badly understood and you are telling you have the exactly same result as me?! So not the same result as fullscreen mode?!

Il y a 8 heures, stanleyyeh0205 a dit :

A few things that I'd never understand are:

1. I've downloaded the game from multiple sources, (MotherLoad of Dumps, TeknoParrot Roms, VirusMan, and Trymado, but none of them contains a folder called Patch (For those that still can't get the game going, please check if you have this folder under root folder. You don't need to put anything there)

2. When it comes to full screen on at least a FHD monitor, we'd just think of 1920 * 1080 but in VF5C's case, you have to go with 1280 * 720.

3. It's also possible that what works for me doesn't work for others. 

1 - I explained the Patch folder.... it's just because I use Trymado's Hyperspin pack, there's no dump on this pack but he included existing patches.... Why making a fixation on it?! Game isn't even looking for that folder, once again, it only contains existing patches for concerned dump (HD patches, fixes, etc). In some rare case, games are containing a patch folder even on sources you listed... Again, it isn't needed for the game to work, just usefull to patch it.

2 -  Surely linked to internal resolution. Some game are originally using 720p. Some modern arcade games are just 720p.

3 - I don't understand that point too. Of course we all have different computers but I thought only difference on loading arcade dump will be GPU support (AMD/Nvidia/Intel). Seems like it's more specific than just GPU support.

I'll add a 4 - I realized sometimes, some applications can cause issues. Discord can bug and remains displayed in the foreground. So I just kill Discord when I work on TeknoParrot install. Steam can cause issues too. Some dump are including a SteamID.txt and interact with it. We can see Steam notifications when launching those games. On one of them, game was working the very first I launch it, then was crashing after that each time I pressed a button.... Finally asked myself about Steam launching pad configuration... Killed Steam, solved issue!

Fact you created this patch folder doesn't have any relation with the game working!

ERROR, CONCERN TEKKEN 7! :

Like I said, in my case, seems like this game is randomly working! I need to launch it multiple times before it launch succesfully. With exact same configuration of course. I need to understand what happens.

Modifié par Kleyon

I just wanna say that the below setting gave me the best experience. Thanks a million. Who would know 1366x768 turned out to be full screen on a FHD tv? I also saw the vertical black bands but I wouldn’t worry about it. 

Le 2021/3/25 à 23:24, stanleyyeh0205 a dit :

So I finally used vf5 -wsvga 1280x720, -wxga2 1366x768, cause thread author talked about 1366x768 resolution.

Under Game Loader Config , on Loader settings 1 tab, I used wsvga parameter, indicated 1280x720 for resolution and clicked on patch and save.

Under Game Loader Config, on Window size tab, I didn't touch anything, setting is set to 0 and I did not tick full screen (Windowed is unticked under TeknoParrot).

In fact not completely, intro video is having vertical black bands, and seems like menus are having those bands too (but not blackened). Gameplay result in a clean fullscreen... seems like it is normal.

Up until I created a Patch folder, the game hadn’t never worked. Not sure if it’s just me. Can you run the game without a Patch folder? With a Patch folder and your GLAR setting, the game always launches full screen without disappointing me.

Ok sorry so, I misunderstood your comment, I'm happy if my comment helps someone!

Topic's author was talking about 1366x768 resolution but I didn't succeed to have a clean fullscreen using that one. I suppose it is because of respective displays. Here I am on a 4K 58" TV. I use the same executable but asking for wsvga mode so 1280x720.

Sorry I realized I mixed VF5 and Tekken 7 issues. The one randomly working for me is Tekken 7 not VF5! You can easily try, just delete Patch folder and launch game again using very same GLARH parameters ^^

Modifié par Kleyon

Il y a 1 heure, Kleyon a dit :

Ok sorry so, I misunderstood your comment, I'm happy if my comment helps someone!

Topic's author was talking about 1366x768 resolution but I didn't succeed to have a clean fullscreen using that one. I suppose it is because of respective displays. Here I am on a 4K 58" TV. I use the same executable but asking for wsvga mode so 1280x720.

Sorry I realized I mixed VF5 and Tekken 7 issues. The one randomly working for me is Tekken 7 not VF5! You can easily try, just delete Patch folder and launch game again using very same GLARH parameters ^^

You're right that Tekken 7 doesn't always launch smoothly. I sometimes have to try several times before it launches. I just removed the Patch folder from VF5 folder and it launches. Sorry for my ignorance and thanks for everything you've shared. 

Don't worry about it, I understand you could have misinterpreted patch folder, I am new to Arcade dumps too so to be honest I don't know that much.

You're welcome, honestly, my pleasure if it helps! I only have posted my experience for this dump, I didn't do that much (originally I was asking for help too but finally found a way by myself... after hours of "going nuts" parameters testing lol).

You don't really have to thanks me for that. ^^

EDIT : In fact IT'S ME that thanks you! I am not the only one having this weird issue concerning Tekken 7.... Why nobody is talking about it on Tekken 7 tutorial?! I was asking myself if it was an issue on my side... How something can possibly randomly works?! I could understand it on console hack scene, since it use specific exploits that can sometimes be unstable and needs multiples tries to be triggered. But in that case?! I highly doubt we are hacking game each time it is launched... "Hack" here is more about decrypting dump and adding support for it on emulator, eventually a dongle hack. So "hack" part has already been done I suppose... Well, sounds like we can't do anything about it. Or maybe is it a compatibility issue that concern emulator and we can hope for a better support one day or another?!

Modifié par Kleyon

• 5 semaines après...
Invité R.R.Z.
16 minutes ago, Hatsune Tomoya said:

Is there anyway to run the Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown?

Unfortunately no there isn’t any loader that support it(the arcade version)

Modifié par R.R.Z.

• 5 mois après...

fullscreen method works just fine
thanks)

It is pity that you cannot change the operating mode of the arcade machine in the test menu - there is always a satellite mode. If it was possible to change the mode to the single, then there would be no need to press the service button at the start of the game.

14 hours ago, svk said:

fullscreen method works just fine
thanks)

It is pity that you cannot change the operating mode of the arcade machine in the test menu - there is always a satellite mode. If it was possible to change the mode to the single, then there would be no need to press the service button at the start of the game.

SO game doesn't crash for you using glarh

Il y a 10 heures, joe555 a dit :

SO game doesn't crash for you using glarh

It was a question?))
No, everything is fine, the latest versions of TP and GLARH.
There is also a glitch in the last fight - the only "problem". Well, I'll get over it somehow)

Le 28.03.2021 à 12:01, Kleyon a dit :

ERROR, CONCERN TEKKEN 7! :

Like I said, in my case, seems like this game is randomly working! I need to launch it multiple times before it launch succesfully. With exact same configuration of course. I need to understand what happens.

Le 28.03.2021 à 15:14, stanleyyeh0205 a dit :

You're right that Tekken 7 doesn't always launch smoothly. I sometimes have to try several times before it launches.

This is because you have an old patches and JConfig.
Take the last ones.

http://www.emuline.org/topic/1313-idmacx-jrconfig-jvsemu-spicetools-bemanitools-segatools-etc/

Modifié par svk

• 3 mois après...
  • 2 semaines après...
On 7/27/2020 at 12:07 AM, LucasRapha93 said:

I got a "small" issue with this game: it runs perfectly, until the fight starts. Both HUDs and characters aren't visible because of the versus screen freezing in place. The fight still happens, but I can't play it like this. Can someone help me, please?

same issue did you find a fix?

• 1 an après...
il y a 17 minutes, sorbeppe84 a dit :

Hi, It exist an Intel shader fix patch for virtua fighter 5 vers C? I have intel hd 4600 integrated card, the game start correctly but the stages and the carachters are invisible, only audio and screen image works.

Thanks

Unfortunately. There is only nvidia and amd.

15 minutes ago, sorbeppe84 said:

Why nobody create intel shader fix ? For outrun 2 sp dx on sega lindberg work the intel shader fix

Nezarm makes / made most GFX patches for TP.
Afaik no Intel patches at all for Intel GPU, and Outrun2 is the only game using a AMD GPU on Lindbergh.
hqdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEjCNACELwBSFryq4
Here the link to TP fixes channel.
https://discord.com/channels/284830696860680192/539568423999504384
So yeah, if you get a dedicated GPU, go NVIDIA based.

Modifié par Zen_B7

The discor link doesnt work..It'is a shame not have intel shader fix for virtua fighter 5, cause there are a lot of i5 (2013 -2015)

mini pc which could run the game cause vf5 is from 2007 you could have all virtua fighter saga inside a 100 dollar mini pc 🙂

I tried the new virtua fighter 5 ultimate showdown\esport, it run on intel but it is unplayble (too heavy for that old hardware)

So we need an "Intel shader fix" for virtua fighter 5 vers C

Modifié par sorbeppe84

4 hours ago, sorbeppe84 said:

The discor link doesnt work..It'is a shame not have intel shader fix fo virtua fighter 5, cause there are a lot of i5 mini pc which could run the game cause vf5 is from 2007 you could have all virtua fighter saga inside a 100 dollar mini pc 🙂

A IGPU is practically worthless, no matter the brand or type.
They just support "just basic gfx" at a horrible fps.
NVIDIA rules for a lot of games and emulation.

Here TP discord link, look in #fixes channel.
https://discord.gg/w66ajvp9

Well, that was smart of you ......
PM TeknoGods / Developers = BAN. talk about piracy/dumps/mw3/patreon = ban.

Modifié par Zen_B7