Aller au contenu

Shader CRT Multifonction : "Kick-ass looking games"

Houb

Messages recommandés

12 minutes ago, Houb said:

yes your mame version is probably too old.

If I remember good it was tested for 0.217 and still work with the last mame versions (any of them) but I don't know for the older ones.

I think that is a good reason to upgrade :). Thanks will upgrade and look into it, thank you :)!!

5 hours ago, Houb said:

yes your mame version is probably too old.

If I remember good it was tested for 0.217 and still work with the last mame versions (any of them) but I don't know for the older ones.

I upgraded, but not much luck. I do use Hyperspin and made sure none of the settings interfered, but could that be part of the issue. Using also mameUI64 0.118.

Noticed a huge downgrade with the default mame HLSL with version 0.218, definitely was better before. Hope I can get your filter to work, it does an amazing job for so many other things :)!!!

Edit: Got it working, wow that's an amazing shader, great work :)! Had to edit the mame.ahk and change d3d to BGFX, also did not have to modify the games ini files, seems to work out of the box by adding arcade.ini and the recommended settings you had.

Any edits we can apply like adding some slight screen jitter? Didn't seem the old mame settings changed anything when updating those.

Thank you!!

Modifié par Jasper

strange, it should work... :gene:

In your ini you should have :

# OSD VIDEO OPTIONS
#
video                     bgfx

and

#
# BGFX POST-PROCESSING OPTIONS
#
bgfx_path                 bgfx
bgfx_backend              glsl
bgfx_debug                0
bgfx_screen_chains        crt-geom-mod-deluxe

"glsl" for the backend works better for me than "auto" (dx11) but you can use any other.

Hope it helps. Please keep me informed.

6 hours ago, Houb said:

strange, it should work... :gene:

In your ini you should have :

# OSD VIDEO OPTIONS
#
video                     bgfx

and

#
#
bgfx_screen_chains        crt-geom-mod-deluxe

"glsl" for the backend works better for me than "auto" (dx11) but you can use any other.

Hope it helps. Please keep me informed.

Thank you Houb, I finally figured it out. Had to edit the mame.ahk from rocketlauncher, it defaulted to d3d and was breaking the shader :).

Any benefits in adding this line in the ini :

scanline_jitter 0.25

I was trying to add some scanline jitter to mimic old crt imperfection,but doesn't seem to have any effect. In any case its pretty darn perfect as it is, thank you for all your help and amazing shader, you are the man :)!!!!

Modifié par Jasper

Il y a 2 heures, Jasper a dit :

Hi, 

Noticed 1080 is the recommended resolution, are there any  changes needed for 4k resolution. I understand HLSL works best at 4k or even crazy 8k resolutions.

Thanks!

For the reshade version (v3): the higher the resolution, better will be the result.

Most v3 configs are "resolution free" and so they could be used in any resolution (exepting a few ones where the resolution restriction is given in the readme and most often it's more a simple "ratio" restriction to match the settings used)

There is usually nothing to change for 4K but the bad side will probably be the performances... (you often need a high-end computer to play in 4K with the CRT-Effect applied)

For the Mame BGFX version, it works in any resolution without any issue. In fact it should be even more beautiful in 4K than in FullHD and again even more good in 8K (if you can handle it...)

But below 1080p the result won't be very good and to be clear in 720p or less it could be really awful :)

So 1080p is good enough, 1440p should be very good! 2160p will be very nice but needs a very good computer, ..etc..

Modifié par Houb

1 hour ago, Houb said:

For the reshade version (v3): the higher the resolution, better will be the result.

Most v3 configs are "resolution free" and so they could be used in any resolution (exepting a few ones where the resolution restriction is given in the readme and most often it's more a simple "ratio" restriction to match the settings used)

There is usually nothing to change for 4K but the bad side will probably be the performances... (you often need a high-end computer to play in 4K with the CRT-Effect applied)

For the Mame BGFX version, it works in any resolution without any issue. In fact it should be even more beautiful in 4K than in FullHD and again even more good in 8K (if you can handle it...)

But below 1080p the result won't be very good and to be clear in 720p or less it could be really awful :)

So 1080p is good enough, 1440p should be very good! 2160p will be very nice but needs a very good computer, ..etc..

Thank you Houb, definitely works great in 4k. The arcade I built spared no expense at the time so it has an 8 core with a 2080TI so it can handle anything I throw at it. Thank you again for your hard work with these shaders :)!!!

Hi there 

Just a short question regarding usage of bgfx shader on mame. 

Im playing all the cave shmups in a seperat name setup. Running well. The crt simulation fx are easy to set and do the job great. 

Here's the question. 

Is it possible to set the intensity of scanlines? If yes whee is this option located cause at the in game slider option there is no scanline intensity  to set

ThanX

Il y a 6 heures, Fulgore18 a dit :

Hi there 

Just a short question regarding usage of bgfx shader on mame. 

Im playing all the cave shmups in a seperat name setup. Running well. The crt simulation fx are easy to set and do the job great. 

Here's the question. 

Is it possible to set the intensity of scanlines? If yes whee is this option located cause at the in game slider option there is no scanline intensity  to set

ThanX

The BGFX chain settings are not saved by MAME so you have to edit the chain setting file : bgfx\chains\crt-geom-mod-deluxe.json

The best you can change to set the intensity of the effect is "Aperture strength". This is not really the scanline strength but the "dot effet" strength... 0.3 (default) is probably too high, 0.25 or 0.2 should be better;

Also if you don't like the alternate pixel effect you can set "Textured Mask Size" to 1.0 instead of 2.0 and update at the end to get " { "sampler": "mask_texture", "texture": "bgfx/chains/crt-geom/custom-mask.png", "selection": "Shadow mask" } "

If you want to use different settings for some games, you can make a copy of this file (renamed "crt-geom-mod-deluxe1.json" for example), set in this file different settings and use this customized chain for the games you want :)

Modifié par Houb

vor 10 Minuten schrieb Houb:

The BGFX chain settings are not saved by MAME so you have to edit the chain setting file : bgfx\chains\crt-geom-mod-deluxe.json

The best you can change to set the intensity of the effect is "Aperture strength". This is not really the scanline strength but the "dot effet" strength... 0.3 (default) is probably too high, 0.25 or 0.2 should be better;

Also if you don't like the alternate pixel effect you can set "Textured Mask Size" to 1.0 instead of 2.0.

If you want to use different settings for some games, you can make a copy of this file (renamed "crt-geom-mod-deluxe1.json" for example), set in this file different settings and use this customized chain for the games you want :)

Hey Houb 

Thanx for always supporting me and my problems 😂

I will try it

Feedback inc

Regards 

Game: Johnny Nero: Action Hero

Developer: Play Mechanix

Publisher: ICE

Release Date: September 14, 2004

Controls: Light Gun

Players: 2

MAME Rom: jnero

MAME CHD?: Yes

OVERALL:

PRELIMINARY
Emulation:

Preliminary
Graphic:

Good
Color:

Good
Sound:

Preliminary
Cocktail:

Good
Protection:

Good
Save state:

Unsupported

Playable status: Unplayable

Modifié par reinsrus

On 1/31/2021 at 10:16 AM, Houb said:

Also if you don't like the alternate pixel effect you can set "Textured Mask Size" to 1.0 instead of 2.0 and update at the end to get " { "sampler": "mask_texture", "texture": "bgfx/chains/crt-geom/custom-mask.png", "selection": "Shadow mask" } "

Hey Houb, was wondering if there is any way to apply the mame shader to two screens? Games like Ninja warriors use 2 screens side by side, but the shader only works on one screen. There was HLSL settings for two or or more screen, but how would it work with bgfx?

Le 02/02/2021 à 21:28, Jasper a dit :

Hey Houb, was wondering if there is any way to apply the mame shader to two screens? Games like Ninja warriors use 2 screens side by side, but the shader only works on one screen. There was HLSL settings for two or or more screen, but how would it work with bgfx?

Hi,

You can do it like that, this is what I do for darius for example (3 screens)

PS : "flat version" looks better in my case (3 screens displayed in a single one)

#
#
bgfx_screen_chains        crt-geom-mod-deluxe-flat,crt-geom-mod-deluxe-flat,crt-geom-mod-deluxe-flat
bgfx_shadow_mask          slot-mask.png
bgfx_lut                  
bgfx_avi_name             auto

Modifié par Houb

9 hours ago, Houb said:

Hi,

You can do it like that, this is what I do for darius for example (3 screens)

PS : "flat version" looks better in my case (3 screens displayed in a single one)

#
#
bgfx_screen_chains        crt-geom-mod-deluxe-flat,crt-geom-mod-deluxe-flat,crt-geom-mod-deluxe-flat
bgfx_shadow_mask          slot-mask.png
bgfx_lut                  
bgfx_avi_name             auto

THANKS Houb, you are the best! Will give this a try :)!!!

Hey Houb 

Thanx for the tip. 

Now Ibara looks awesome. Some games need a way different setup to look great. 

Kind and thankful regards 

Hey Houb 

So thanx to you my shmups areooking so good. I know that I promised to share my presets along time ago. I didnt forgerr it. I will load it up soon. Just finish my cab make some more Screenshots and than I will load all stuff up. 

I have just one more question. 

I know there was an older version where it was possible to set the strength of scanlines... Do you know which version it was? 

Kind regards 

Hi 

I tried two games but can't find any way to get reshade running. 

Samurai Shodown... Tha latest one. 

King of Fighters 14

Both are 64 bit games. 

God those games gonna look real bad ass but don't know how to reshade... 

Thanx 

Il y a 22 heures, Fulgore18 a dit :

Hi 

I tried two games but can't find any way to get reshade running. 

Samurai Shodown... Tha latest one. 

King of Fighters 14

Both are 64 bit games. 

God those games gonna look real bad ass but don't know how to reshade... 

Thanx 

Just tried with kof14 and 64 bit version renamed "d3d11.dll" works ;)

vor 57 Minuten schrieb Houb:

Just tried with kof14 and 64 bit version renamed "d3d11.dll" works ;)

Yeah me 2 :)

My problem was in both games... Don't laugh..... I placed the reshade stuff in the wrong folder..... Damn it... Looks awesome. 

Another great tip is Rival Megagun.. This is pure retro. 

Thanx for your support 😘

• 3 semaines après...
  • 2 semaines après...

Hello. i managed to use reshade with Chaos Breaker using the ones downloaded from here. It's all perfect with TeknoParrot.

I cannot use ChaosBreaker_TTX_v3.rar  with Game Loader All Rh , i got just a portion of the screen. It's like it was magnified. Any hints? 

thanks!

Il y a 5 heures, cybermat a dit :

Hello. i managed to use reshade with Chaos Breaker using the ones downloaded from here. It's all perfect with TeknoParrot.

I cannot use ChaosBreaker_TTX_v3.rar  with Game Loader All Rh , i got just a portion of the screen. It's like it was magnified. Any hints?

With Game all RH you have to select specifics options. I already trried but with no success. Use TP is the most easy.

Ok thanks.

I dug into this thread and the solution is here 

So in order to be sure i re-downloaded Chaos Breaker from archive.org and followed what Houb announced 1 year ago.
Under Game Loader you should set dg and enable Reshade under loader settings 3 tab , i also thicked Full resolution. 

Pay attention to texture_size value under CRTGeomMod.ini that should be texture_size=320.000000,240.000000 , this value could be copied from the settings of the "official" shaders provided here.

Finally i got rid of all the issues i had and i can use Game Loader that seems to be more reliable.

I would like to suggest to the thread's owner, if could be possible to update the first page of the thread adding Game Loader section,

Modifié par cybermat

Le 2020-04-08 à 13:15, Houb a dit :

Good News for GameLoaderAllRH users !!

Thanks to new changes from Arcade PC (djexpert) ReShade is now supported by GameLoaderAllRH (versions 361 and laters) and it includes our CRTGeomMOD shader v3.1b (used by defaut when activated!)

I made some tests and it works well but by the way GameLoaderAllRH is already managing the resolution, the aspect ratio of the game and can add a bezel.

So doing it a second time with the shader can bring problems and many options are now sometime not accurate anymore (ratio ones for example).

So I quickly made a special version (updated to v1.2) to use with GameLoaderAllRH 361 and later (this version will probably be included in next versions of this loader, at least I hope so)

The UI of this version should be more intuitive. Most options already managed by the loader are now hidden. BTW they are still available in advanced tabs.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ak2tf05d3zz3as3/CRTGeomMOD_GameLoaderALLRH_1.2.rar/file

When using this shader please remember that you have to set manually the "Simulated Texture Resolution X/Y (pixels)" (texture_size in the .ini file) according to the game needs.

This is the low internal resoltion of the game and so the definition of the CRT effect resolution. Unfortunately we can't know it and it will be different for all games.

Usually it's something like 320x240 or 320x256 or 320x224 etc... for 4:3 games or 426x240 or 455x256 or 640x360 or 480x270 etc... for 16:9 ones

Also when used with other ReShade effects it should be applied last so in \sv\reshade-shaders\Presets\CRTGeomMOD.ini you will have to set it like that for example :

TechniqueSorting=KNearestNeighbors,NonLocalMeans,HQ4X,FXAA,SMAA,GeomModCRT

Something we never managed to reach before the new GameLoaderAllRH support :

1.png

2.png

And the intro video is also working as it should (but without CRT effect) :)

Also another game we never managed to get working correctly in FullHD with CRT effect without AllRH support :)

game-2020-04-09-17-05-52.png

Nice work @djexpert :very-good:

Edit : Updated to 1.2 with reworked UI and all options enabled again.

Moi pas comprendre. Houb, peux tu m'expliquer stp. Est-ce que le CRT mod est inclus dans le AllRH? Comment l'activer? plus besoin d'utiliser les configs a telecharger sur mediafire?

Merci.

• 2 semaines après...

I have a good solution for scaneline effetcs...

I bought a scaneline générator with HDMI output...

It's an hardware solution wich Works very weel on any hdtv,UHD...etc

You Can play with rgb for oldschool style.

Bought it 35€ for m'y arcade cab with fullhd 1080p monitor.

🙂

Le 09/04/2021 à 15:09, gh0stp1rate a dit :

Is there a way to set this up with 21:9 Ultrawide aspect ratio? I don't have a problem with having to make my own custom bezel art for Ultrawide since I've already done so for all of my MAME games. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

It's quite simple :

The arts (bezel/background) are defined in the code to be in 16:9, but you can make a 21:9 bezel image and resize it to 16:9 (I'm not sure you have to resize it in 16:9 but probably...) and then in game use the "art ratio" slider in the shader to stretch it back in 21:9.

Le 21/03/2021 à 00:06, fablog a dit :

Moi pas comprendre. Houb, peux tu m'expliquer stp. Est-ce que le CRT mod est inclus dans le AllRH? Comment l'activer? plus besoin d'utiliser les configs a telecharger sur mediafire?

Merci.

Si tu dois toujours utiliser les configs sinon rien ne sera paramétré pour le jeu et tu devras tout paramétrer toi-même.

Le truc c'est qu'avant reshade et GameLoaderAllRH n'était pas vraiment compatibles et depuis cette mise à jour ils le sont.

Modifié par Houb

• 3 semaines après...

Salut petit retour sur la V3 pour les émulateurs Model 2 et SuperModel 3...

Pour ceux qui veulent une image HD avec les effets crt...

Il suffit juste d'augmenter les textures ds Reshade par ex:

Remplacer 331 par 3310 et 256 par 2560...

Et hop,magie tous les jeux en 4k pour ma part avec les effets crt...sans aliasing...etc

Magnifique,je redécouvre mes jeux, sérieux !😍

Merci pour le partage poto...❤️

Modifié par meddu69

• 3 semaines après...
vor 9 Stunden schrieb ViRuS-MaN:

il est possible de le faire fonctionner avec Finalburn Neo ???

Dont speak French well but yes it works with FBN but causes laag. I asked the developer to take care about this topic but I don't think there is a big interest. I personally use Reshade on alot of games and even on current games. 

Kind regards 

il y a 4 minutes, Fulgore18 a dit :

Dont speak French well but yes it works with FBN but causes laag. I asked the developer to take care about this topic but I don't think there is a big interest. I personally use Reshade on alot of games and even on current games. 

Kind regards 

it s possible to use with finalburn neo

vor 4 Minuten schrieb ViRuS-MaN:

it s possible to use with finalburn neo

Yes it is but causes laag which is bad on accurate and precise games likes shmups or beat em ups

Modifié par Fulgore18

@Houb

Salut!

Je viens de voir un soucis avec le reshade pour House of the Dead 2 sur Demul (la dernière version).

Au lancement du jeu le shader se met en place mais il ne se met pas à l'échelle. Le frame se met en 16:9 mais le jeu lui reste bien en 4:3. Du coup il n'y a pas de Bezel mais une image distordue.

Pour résoudre le soucis il faut appuyer sur le bouton HOME pour afficher les options du shader et le refermer et là tout reviezns à la normale avec les bezels qui s'affichent et le frame en 4:3. Je suis obligé de faire ça à chaque fois. J'ai essayé de partir d'une version propre de Demul mais le problème persiste. As-tu ce soucis?