Aller au contenu

[Emu] Sega Model 3 : Supermodel GIT release (Arcade PC)

7zxkv

Messages recommandés

• 2 semaines après...

I am using latest version of supermodel SVN and if i use SupermodelUI games works normally, using RocketLauncher aswell but when i use Hyperspin it gets really slow. Checking HW monitor doesn't use a lot of resources. I tried to change nvidia cp to performance but didn't change. I would like to be able to use with Hyperspin frontend. Any hint about that? Many thanks!

2 ore fa, klke ha scritto:

I am using latest version of supermodel SVN and if i use SupermodelUI games works normally, using RocketLauncher aswell but when i use Hyperspin it gets really slow. Checking HW monitor doesn't use a lot of resources. I tried to change nvidia cp to performance but didn't change. I would like to be able to use with Hyperspin frontend. Any hint about that? Many thanks!

Edit the rocket launcher supermodel module (the supermodel.ahk file). In the line where is the launch command (the line that start with run application and with all the options taken from your supermodel.ini), delete the last option, "min"

Modifié par bucho74
Added ahk info

En 7/11/2020 a las 16:32, bucho74 dijo:

Edit the rocket launcher supermodel module (the supermodel.ahk file). In the line where is the launch command (the line that start with run application and with all the options taken from your supermodel.ini), delete the last option, "min"

I did before (i couldn't launch with old supermodel ahk) but now it launch game but from hyperspin is incredibly laggy, this is my launch line:

Run(executable . " """ . romPath . "\" . romName . romExtension . """ " . fullscreen . " " . widescreen . " " . resolution . " " . freq . " " . throttle . " " . vertShader . " " . fragShader . " " . inputSystem . " " . forceFeedback . " " . multiThreading, emuPath)

Any help is apreciated

11 ore fa, klke ha scritto:

I did before (i couldn't launch with old supermodel ahk) but now it launch game but from hyperspin is incredibly laggy, this is my launch line:

Run(executable . " """ . romPath . "\" . romName . romExtension . """ " . fullscreen . " " . widescreen . " " . resolution . " " . freq . " " . throttle . " " . vertShader . " " . fragShader . " " . inputSystem . " " . forceFeedback . " " . multiThreading, emuPath)

Any help is apreciated

When you launch a supermodel game from hyperspin, in task manager do you see the rocket launcher task? Just a check to see if you have configurered hyperspin to use rocket launcher as launcher.

hace 10 horas, bucho74 dijo:

When you launch a supermodel game from hyperspin, in task manager do you see the rocket launcher task? Just a check to see if you have configurered hyperspin to use rocket launcher as launcher.

Yes it's working with RocketLauncher i have no idea why happens, all other emulators works good. i tried many versions. I am using Nvidia GTX 770.

56 minuti fa, klke ha scritto:

Yes it's working with RocketLauncher i have no idea why happens, all other emulators works good. i tried many versions. I am using Nvidia GTX 770.

Try to set in Nvidia control panel the option to have more performance instead of quality. Try this setting first to supermodel and eventually also hyperspin. In hyperhq you can also check your main settings to see if there,s some optimization option.

Anyone got any idea how to change Country Code for Magical Truck Adventure?

Pressing the secret combo:

Enter Self-test Mode
Press “Left Start Button” 2X
Press “Service Button”
Press “Left Start Button”
Press “Service Button”
Press “Test Button

Takes me to a screen that makes it seem you could change it, but it wont move from Japan....yet I seen lots of people being able to change it.

Also... anyone got any idea how controls work for it? I think original was just a crank you pulled up and down... so how you replicate that with joystick? How to move left or right? I cant figure it out....

1 hour ago, holmes said:

It does not work indeed. The guys having it in english use a save state which has been hacked. The downfall is you can't save it or you come back to japanese.

If its from a save state... it means there has to be a way to do it ourselves, must be another obscure combination....as a side note, any chance you understand the controls on a controller? I think up and down speeds it up, but how the hell you move left or rigth?

Modifié par otomon

Out there you find the link for the save state:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h10ObGriTuY

You will have to load just after having launched the game. However as I said you will always start from this point and will not be able to save your scores. As for creating a save state yourself, you can do it (F5) bu then you will have to edit the binary file (impossible if you do not know what you do).

As for the controls, this is related to the following lines in Supermodel.ini

InputMagicalLeverUp1 = KEY_UP
InputMagicalLeverDown1 = KEY_DOWN
InputMagicalLeverUp2 = NONE
InputMagicalLeverDown2 = NONE
InputMagicalLever1 = JOY1_YAXIS
InputMagicalLever2 = JOY2_YAXIS
InputMagicalPedal1 = KEY_A,JOY1_BUTTON1
InputMagicalPedal2 = KEY_Z,JOY2_BUTTON1

I have never played this particular game. However I am pretty sure those lines define the controls. You should replace the Keys with the ones you want to use or (better) use the UI to map your controls (described in the doc). This is a bit akward to use however since it is only a command-line function.

4 hours ago, holmes said:

Out there you find the link for the save state:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h10ObGriTuY

You will have to load just after having launched the game. However as I said you will always start from this point and will not be able to save your scores. As for creating a save state yourself, you can do it (F5) bu then you will have to edit the binary file (impossible if you do not know what you do).

As for the controls, this is related to the following lines in Supermodel.ini

InputMagicalLeverUp1 = KEY_UP
InputMagicalLeverDown1 = KEY_DOWN
InputMagicalLeverUp2 = NONE
InputMagicalLeverDown2 = NONE
InputMagicalLever1 = JOY1_YAXIS
InputMagicalLever2 = JOY2_YAXIS
InputMagicalPedal1 = KEY_A,JOY1_BUTTON1
InputMagicalPedal2 = KEY_Z,JOY2_BUTTON1

I have never played this particular game. However I am pretty sure those lines define the controls. You should replace the Keys with the ones you want to use or (better) use the UI to map your controls (described in the doc). This is a bit akward to use however since it is only a command-line function.

Thanks, I already knew the keys, I just dont get how they actually work... sometimes pressing lever1 makes you go left, sometimes you jump... so confusing, but a bunch of these model 3 had unique cabinets, Ocean Hunter these two levers you controlled to line up the crosshairs, even tho to us it plays like a regular ligthgun (also explains why the aim is a bit off on it even when calibrated). The Lost World had an updated version with 2 screens, but dont think its possible to emulate with this emulator.

Another game I cant figure out is Emergency Call Ambulance... neither controls for "break" or "handbreak" work on it, making it unplayable.

Modifié par otomon

• 2 semaines après...
On 10/09/2020 at 4:17 PM, nohero said:

Ci40 G4M3-MANiACs™,

I decided to share my whole setup of Supermodel I'm using because I noticed some user here has problem with it.

In the archive I uploaded you will find Supermodel r8.02 ( the version I'm using ) and 15 games I'm playing with it + offiicial pink UI already set + NVRAM in English ( EXPORT ) + my gamepad configuration ( xbox controller, if you don't like it you can change it modifying the Supermodel.ini in the Config folder ) + Save State for Magical Truck Adventure ( click F7 to load it during the game startup ) .

Everything is working good here ( my PC HW specs are on my profile page ) but keep in mind I'm launching them through LaunchBox and thanks to this I can set XInput or DInput via Command Line parameters so I don't need to change options every time I choose to play a game that needs DInput or XInput ( e.g. Ocean Hunter needs DInput here for second player ).

Another thing, Star Wars Trilogy has a bug that can be fixed deleting the NVRAM at each start ( I solved this with a .bat file via LaunchBox ).

Games added are : 

- Daytona USA 2 Power Edition

- Dirt Devils

- Emergency Call Ambulance

- Get Bass: Sega Bass Fishing

- Harley-Davidson and L.A. Riders

- L.A. Machineguns

- Le Mans 24

- Magical Truck Adventure

- The Ocean Hunter

- Scud Race Plus

- Sega Rally 2

- Ski Champ

- Star Wars Trilogy Arcade

- Virtua Fighter 3

- Virtua Striker 2 ver. '99

Link for download :

https://mega.nz/file/bINQEI5b#p-7CdZfu1JIAWVVoV38LN1VF7_glXPDnMWWon6bRApg

Password = nohero

Hope you enjoy  :)

CHEERs

Hi,  I'm new to the forum and have been enjoying trying Teknoparrot and so thought I'd give SuperModel another try to see how it's progresed (I have a Logitec G920 on teh way too!...)  - as a couple others have mentioned, the Mega link is now dead; would be really greatful if you could re - upload?

Hi guys, there are plans to fix the skyboxes when you're in widescreen mode? There are games, like virtua fighter 3 and lemans 24 where the 3d elements are rendered well but when it comes for the skyboxes in some stages there are just two black squares in the top left and the top bottom. Have someone noticed it?

I usually record my gameplay for different videos using my graphics card in built dvr. Now the sega model 3 games do not show up through this dvr. I did use Nch software demo and it worked but now the demo has ran out. Just wondering what you guys used to record the game play ?

Hi socialdragon, I will try to explain myself better.

Do you have in mind the difference between the space occupied on the screen by a 4/3 ratio aspect, one occupied by a 16/9, and another of a stretched 4/3 wich is melted in the space of a real 16/9, right?
Well in this specific case of the supermodel you have a perfect rendition of a 4/3 screen aspect, another perfect rendiotion of a stretched 4/3 if you like fat characters and objects but when you select the 16/9, in some games and specific stages you can assimilate the screen in 4 boxes: the setting for example is this: selected 16/9 from the ui or the cfg, virtua fighter 3 is the game and one of the stage with this problem is the Taka-arashi one: you have the first box that is the rectangle of the half bottom of the screen, which is perfect rendered. Then you have the top half of the screen which is divided in the other 3 boxes: the middle box, wich corresponds to the original 4/3 in the game is perfect rendered, and show the sky normally. the other 2 boxes at the right and the left of this don't show the sky but just black screen portions, because the 2d elements outside the original 4/3 it's simply not shown/rendered.
I know that an image woul have explained better what I've tried to say but I'm far away from the my pc and for now I can't take a screenshot so I hope you can understand anyway.

Remember that some roms have changed their names 

" r844 

Corrected game set names & game titles (Brian Troha)

New clones
-Sega Bass Fishing Deluxe (USA) (Brian Troha)
-Dirt Devils (USA, Revision A) (Brian Troha)

------------
Note/Warning:
This will match future Mame 0.228 changes.
Please Check/Edit carefully all your rom set because there are many changes (e.g. set name).
Thinking of delete or rename your nvram, or restart from the start."

old name > new name 

scud.zip > scudau.zip

scudj.zip > scuddx.zip
scuda.zip > scud.zip
dirtdvlsa.zip > dirtdvlsau.zip
srally2x.zip > srally2dx.zip
lostwsgo.zip > lostwsgp.zip
bass.zip > getbassur.zip
( old ) bassdx.zip > getbassdx.zip
new roms - dirtdvlsu.zip , bassdx.zip

Renamed the games and updated to latest version r845 from supermodel forum and now none of the renamed games work with supermodel or supermodel ui.  Could someone upload new working versions of games that work with r845 thanking you in advance.

Modifié par eathearty1

On 1/14/2021 at 2:12 AM, eathearty1 said:

@Tomek.. Thank you the version you linked is working fine for most of the renamed roms but looks like i will have to try and find 3 roms which dont work for me scudj.zip > scuddx.zip, scuda.zip > scud.zip and bassdx.zip > getbassdx.zip

They work perfect for me after the renaming

9 hours ago, eathearty1 said:

But not for me hence why i said i will have to try and find 3 roms, which i havent found yet.  If anyone has working copies of these 3 roms for r845 could they upload them please.

Just download the pack at the OP, download the offcial r845 and do the renaming, thats it, it works no matter what.

old name > new name 

scud.zip > scudau.zip

scudj.zip > scuddx.zip
scuda.zip > scud.zip
dirtdvlsa.zip > dirtdvlsau.zip
srally2x.zip > srally2dx.zip
lostwsgo.zip > lostwsgp.zip
bass.zip > getbassur.zip
( old ) bassdx.zip > getbassdx.zip
new roms - dirtdvlsu.zip , bassdx.zip

hi guys ,  i'm a AMD user and the framerate isn't stable 60fps.  I have seen one of the developers of Supermodel3 speak publicly to AMD about the issue ,  it has been a while since that occurred.  Are there any other AMD users out there and have a workaround ?

https://community.amd.com/t5/opengl-vulkan/catastrophic-performance-loss/td-p/69814