Aller au contenu

[Arcade PC] Dance Dance Revolution A (Konami)

Baka9

Messages recommandés

4 hours ago, topet2k12001 said:

Oh that's great! How did you do it?

extend the global event table to 200. write all the columns with the same numbers.

Untitled.jpg

DDRA.jpg

The result will be EXTRA EXCLUSIVE ENDYMION (2018102200 or below data is required to play)

Modifié par One Eternal Ash

On 02/07/2020 at 1:46 AM, topet2k12001 said:

Wow, great share! How did you find it out?

It's you, brother. i have to thank you for building this server that doesn't have force-unlocked songs turned on which i was trying find it for ages and extended the table to 200 to get this event.

1 minute ago, One Eternal Ash said:

It's you i have to thank the most. This server doesn't have force-unlocked which i was trying find it for ages and extended the table to 200 to get this event.

You're welcome! Although I think there are also things you do know that are worth sharing.

Hm, I'd like to combine your findings into the Butterfly build that I am maintaining, is that okay? I'll credit you of course.

Also, some questions:

1. How did you know/find out that you needed to extend the table to 200 rows?

2. Did you use the startup.arc files from the "DDR A Update Pack" that I just shared, or are you using something else, or are you using just the untouched startup.arc?

21 minutes ago, topet2k12001 said:

You're welcome! Although I think there are also things you do know that are worth sharing.

Hm, I'd like to combine your findings into the Butterfly build that I am maintaining, is that okay? I'll credit you of course.

Also, some questions:

1. How did you know/find out that you needed to extend the table to 200 rows?

2. Did you use the startup.arc files from the "DDR A Update Pack" that I just shared, or are you using something else, or are you using just the untouched startup.arc?

It's a simple process. I'll show you

Your files were good enough so no need to modify but extend the global event table to 200.

1 hour ago, One Eternal Ash said:

Thank you! WOOHOO!

The real experience begins here!

Indeed. :) I know it's an arcade rip/data dump, but I also like to keep the game as "true-to-life" as possible to the real arcade experience. That's why one of the things I did was to turn off the "Forced Extra Stage" setting when I built Butterfly. :)

I will try and see if I can do the same for the DDR A20 dumps. :)

I'm going to change the format of the SQLite File Script by the way. I'll make use of "CSV" format instead of "SQLite" format for the import since CSV is more "universal" compared to SQLIte and is easier to use/manipulate/update by end-users because it's a simple spreadsheet (more people are familiar with a spreadsheet vs. an SQLite file/script). It's also easier to update/add/delete a lot of data when it's in CSV format, vs. SQLite which is a lot of text if we're talking about 200 rows.

Modifié par topet2k12001

12 hours ago, topet2k12001 said:

Indeed. :) I know it's an arcade rip/data dump, but I also like to keep the game as "true-to-life" as possible to the real arcade experience. That's why one of the things I did was to turn off the "Forced Extra Stage" setting when I built Butterfly. :)

I will try and see if I can do the same for the DDR A20 dumps. :)

Nice! anyways, some of the A20 dumps from 2019090300 and present have their gameMDX forced unlock songs turn on. If you can find a fix for that file and turn it off. We can say, WOOHOO!

2 minutes ago, One Eternal Ash said:

Nice! anyways, some of the A20 from 2019090300 and present have their gameMDX forced unlock songs turn on. If you can find a fix for that file and turn it off. We can say, WOOHOO!

Yes, I think you got the idea right: the SQL Tables/Butterfly Database will allow events to properly work (well, that is how the original author of Butterfly intended it)...but it will only work if we can turn off "all song unlock" hacks/edits because these hacks/edits will conflict with the said feature/capability of Butterfly.

I'm looking at the following possibilities:

Possibility 1: unlocking was performed in a more "hack-ish" manner (like for example hex editing of some DLL files). This would be tough because I'm not an expert in hex editing. Since I'm not familiar with this approach we can only go by trial-and-error. Or ask someone who's good at it (hopefully he/she will be generous and wiling to share). Or ask for a truly "pristine" (untouched) copy.

Possibility 2: unlocking was performed in the startup.arc file (this is found in /contents/data/arc). It contains "musicdb.xml" where the "flags" of the songs can be edited (for example, a song with a "locked" flag can be edited so that it will become a normal stage song). If the "forced unlock" or "all songs unlocked" was performed in this manner, then it would be easier. All we have to do is identify the songs, compared against the RemyWiki articles (RemyWiki is pretty accurate in describing which song belongs to which event), so that we know how to "put back" the locks in their proper/original state.

11 minutes ago, topet2k12001 said:

Yes, I think you got the idea right: the SQL Tables/Butterfly Database will allow events to properly work (well, that is how the original author of Butterfly intended it)...but it will only work if we can turn off "all song unlock" hacks/edits because these hacks/edits will conflict with the said feature/capability of Butterfly.

I'm looking at the following possibilities:

Possibility 1: unlocking was performed in a more "hack-ish" manner (like for example hex editing of some DLL files). This would be tough because I'm not an expert in hex editing. Since I'm not familiar with this approach we can only go by trial-and-error. Or ask someone who's good at it (hopefully he/she will be generous and wiling to share). Or ask for a truly "pristine" (untouched) copy.

Possibility 2: unlocking was performed in the startup.arc file (this is found in /contents/data/arc). It contains "musicdb.xml" where the "flags" of the songs can be edited (for example, a song with a "locked" flag can be edited so that it will become a normal stage song). If the "forced unlock" or "all songs unlocked" was performed in this manner, then it would be easier. All we have to do is identify the songs, compared against the RemyWiki articles (RemyWiki is pretty accurate in describing which song belongs to which event), so that we know how to "put back" the locks in their proper/original state.

The only A20 that doesn’t have that forced unlock song feature is 2019042200, which is why ORCA is EE access Only

Okay, the last link I shared technically is A20 launch, this one will be Ace -- both seem to have the date hardcoded at 2019072400.

https://mega.nz/file/5wBkQSIJ#iJWAYTg-u1eVnSE66_vQyRCIFazG9uXVZu2JjMBForE

If you have all the preload data, you could switch between both, dunno why you would tho, but hey it's another build.

1 minute ago, tw3nz0r said:

Okay, the last link I shared technically is A20 launch, this one will be Ace -- both seem to have the date hardcoded at 2019072400.

https://mega.nz/file/5wBkQSIJ#iJWAYTg-u1eVnSE66_vQyRCIFazG9uXVZu2JjMBForE

If you have all the preload data, you could switch between both, dunno why you would tho, but hey it's another build.

Oh okay, got it and thanks for the clarification!

Just now, tw3nz0r said:

unknown.png

Top one is Ace, bottom one is A20... maybe I should just release a pack to bring everyone to this version... final Ace/launch A20 blue.

I agree about releasing a single pack...this will avoid confusion and multiple versions that get customized to the point that it's getting difficult to track which one is the clean/correct version.

Off-topic: do you have a copy of Oracle Java 8 installer that I can use? Apparently Sun Oracle changed their terms of use...they require you to create an account just so you can download (but on Java 14 download they didn't require me to create an account though). MEGA link will do. :)

3 minutes ago, tw3nz0r said:

Got it; thank you! Whew...now I can (re)build Butterfly. :) Will just run out for an errand and in case we don't get to catch up later, I'll send you a message or I'll tag you in a post when the updated build is ready.

MDX-2019072400 Ace Final/A20 Launch

https://mega.nz/file/Nhw3DLjA#0iLO-MAPCoywjgtmzyn5gtkmCkiZaSVNiQwl1PyjR8k

Overwrite everything on a 2019042200 copy, and play. To switch to A20, the modules are in a folder called 'A20'.

This pack offers NO new content than what is already out there, and if you intend to use this as Ace Final, it just gives you a bunch of locked away content, but you already knew that. If you want to use it as launch A20, that's a thing as well.

Modifié par tw3nz0r

Just now, tw3nz0r said:

Overwrite everything on a 2019042200 copy, and play. To switch to A20, the modules are in a folder called 'A20'.

This pack offers NO new content than what is already out there, and if you intend to use this as Ace Final, it just gives you a bunch of locked away content, but you already knew that. If you want to use it as launch A20, that's a thing as well.

Understood. In other words this is like a "snapshot" of DDR A/A20 at a specific point in time. Thank you!

6 minutes ago, neogeomaster said:

Hello, if someone can upload a zip with all inside. It will be nice. Thank you in advance.

give me time. we are kinda testing everything at the moment. we will let you know

• 2 semaines après...
Le 4.07.2020 à 02:59, tw3nz0r a dit :

Link dead, is there a mirror?

Il y a 7 heures, Feellikeadino a dit :

I have a problem, when I start game, I can not play, on the screen it says "Confirming network connection status, Gameplay is not accessible at the moment"

Please help

Go into the ea3-config.xml and change the part that says

<dest __type="str">J</dest>
<spec __type="str">A</spec>
<rev __type="str">A</rev>

or

<dest __type="str">A</dest>
<spec __type="str">A</spec>

into

<dest __type="str">U</dest>
<spec __type="str">G</spec>

or just use Butterfly server like this one: https://www.mediafire.com/file/k7736gjd1s291os/Butterfly_(Build_20191018).rar/file.

If you are willing to use the Butterfly server, you will need change the services part in ea3-config.xml to:

<services>http://localhost</services>

Hope, that I helped.

I have a problem that prevents me from playing some songs. Songs with video backgrounds will get stuck on loading after selecting songs which sucks for the songs I like. It doesn't get replaced with the 3D background dancers and just gets stuck on loading the song. What should I do?

2 hours ago, EthanGrey08 said:

I have a problem that prevents me from playing some songs. Songs with video backgrounds will get stuck on loading after selecting songs which sucks for the songs I like. It doesn't get replaced with the 3D background dancers and just gets stuck on loading the song. What should I do?

You don't have the DLLs registered.

regsvr32 /s com\k-clvsd.dll
regsvr32 /s com\xactengine2_10.dll