Aller au contenu

[Arcade PC] Daytona 3 (Sega Amusements like Europa-R System)

cyrille2hk

Messages recommandés

MASSIVE THANKS to all those who've been working hard on this and sharing their work.

Out of curiosity, what minimum hardware specs would you guys recommend for this game? Is a Core2Duo sufficient with a decent NVidia card?

Modifié par Friko

Got everything running thanks to the glorious people here!

but: mine is running slow-motion. I have 50 to 60 fps but the cars drive slow and looking at the race time the seconds run too slow (50%?).

got an i5@ghz, nvidia gt730 with 1gig ddr 5.

anybody experienced this?

Am 11.3.2018 um 19:50 schrieb Jenseits:

Got everything running thanks to the glorious people here!

but: mine is running slow-motion. I have 50 to 60 fps but the cars drive slow and looking at the race time the seconds run too slow (50%?).

got an i5@ghz, nvidia gt730 with 1gig ddr 5.

anybody experienced this?

Quoting myself...

Solved. 

Upgraded graphics card to a NVIDIA GTX 1050 (2G DDR5) which made all the difference.

If your rig won't reach 60fps constantly the game will run slow (not choppy but slow) because every frame is rendered. No frames are dropped. So for example if the machine averages 50 FPS -> an ingame second will last for 6/5 seconds.

My CPU is bored but Daytona wants a good graphics card.

I'm happy with the GTX1050. Adequate performance, not too loud, needs "only" 75 watts max.

Wouldn't want an overheating loud card in my Sega race cab...

10 thumbsup to Howard!

Lots of thumbs up for everyone being helpful in this thread!

And a well deserved thousand thumbs up for the gods of racing: SEGA. 

Here's a pic of the project cab. Quite a bastard isn't it? ;) 

IMG_5688.jpg

En 13/1/2018 a las 0:37, hunico000 dijo:

I make all, but i don’t have ffb...😩

logitch g27

Hi, please can you help me? I have G27 but  i can´t press the start button, i have the xbox360ce but don´t work.

Edit: It work, when you configure the xbox360ce, save and rename the file xinput1_3.dll to xinput9_1_0.dll

Thank you guys.

How to change the view?

Modifié par khoubash

3 hours ago, khoubash said:

Hi, please can you help me? I have G27 but  i can´t press the start button, i have the xbox360ce but don´t work.

Edit: It work, when you configure the xbox360ce, save and rename the file xinput1_3.dll to xinput9_1_0.dll

Thank you guys.

How to change the view?

To change view, in xbox360ce.

Since you have a G27 like me, change the following in the Controller 1 tab:

Button 1 = D-Pad Up

Button 3 = D-Pad Left

Button 4 = D-Pad Right

Button 2 = D-Pad Down

The above assigns the 4 red buttons on the shifter to change view, I mapped the buttons just like the arcade, from left to right, Full, Bonnet, Rear Behind, Rear Behind Far.

Help in trying to change the Speedo to Km/h.

C:\Sega\shelldata\GameSettings.ini

Below setting doesn't work.

SPEEDO=Km/h

I've tried:

KM/H

KM/h

Km/h

Km/H

km/h

Kp/h

KP/H

kp/h

I'm using Bruce's settings HERE.

Unless this game was never released in countries that uses Km/h and was left out?

Modifié par xs4all4me
Added info

hace 13 horas, xs4all4me dijo:

Button 1 = D-Pad Up

Button 3 = D-Pad Left

Button 4 = D-Pad Right

Button 2 = D-Pad Down

The above assigns the 4 red buttons on the shifter to change view, I mapped the buttons just like the arcade, from left to right, Full, Bonnet, Rear Behind, Rear Behind Far.

Button 1 = D-Pad Up

Button 3 = D-Pad Left

Button 4 = D-Pad Right

Button 2 = D-Pad Down

@

xs4all4me

Work. Thank you very much.  A question, do you have the force feedback and the shifter running?

Help in trying to change the Speedo to Km/h.

C:\Sega\shelldata\GameSettings.ini

Below setting doesn't work.

SPEEDO=Km/h

I've tried:

KM/H

KM/h

Km/h

Km/H

km/h

Kp/h

KP/H

kp/h

I'm using Bruce's settings HERE.

Unless this game was never released in countries that uses Km/h and was left out?

I can´t access to test mode, but if you can change the region? Maybe you can change the metric.

13 hours ago, khoubash said:

@

xs4all4me

Work. Thank you very much.  A question, do you have the force feedback and the shifter running?

I'm still trying to get force feedback working but it doesn't seem to work, I followed what people have suggested on here but still no good, I will keep trying.

As for the shifting, yes I got it working, in xbox360ce change the following.

X = 1st Gear
A = 2nd Gear
Y = 3rd Gear
B = 4th Gear

Since our G27 shifter is a 6 gear H pattern, it's up to you how you want to setup the gears:

Example:
1 3 -

2 4 -

- 1 3

- 2 4

1 - 3

2 - 4

FYI:

When they released the Logitech G27, for some odd reason, they removed the Sequential (Up and Down shifting) feature that was in the previous G25 model. This was a great feature for games that require/uses Sequential shifting.

Did you know the G25 shifter is 95% the same as the G27 shifter? Only difference is a mechanism that changes from H pattern to Sequential and two wires. I just recently purchased a cheap G25 shifter only from eBay and the only mod you need to do is swap the cables over. There is plenty of YouTube vids that show you how to take apart the shifter, and it's as simple as unplugging the cable, so the G27 cable goes into the G25 and that it. So now I'm rocking a G25 shifter on my G27 Steering wheel and now have the best of both worlds for shifing gears in racing games :) If you can find one and know how to use a screw driver, I really recommend this mod.

Now as for the Km/h, yeah I tried getting into the test menu to see if there is a region setting on there, but can't get the test menu working yet so I will keep trying.

UPDATE:

Managed to get the TEST menu working, had to change the compatibility mode to Windows 8 (I'm on the latest Windows 10 build) for the C:\Sega\shell\Shell.exe and also need to install DESKEY (DS2) as per instructions on the first page, "T" is to enter and "Y" is to select.

Didn't find any reference to SPEEDO, but I did find the localisation options which are the language selections, tried changing to other languages but the speedo didn't change.

Modifié par xs4all4me
Added info

En 18/3/2018 a las 1:24, xs4all4me dijo:

I'm still trying to get force feedback working but it doesn't seem to work, I followed what people have suggested on here but still no good, I will keep trying.

As for the shifting, yes I got it working, in xbox360ce change the following.

X = 1st Gear
A = 2nd Gear
Y = 3rd Gear
B = 4th Gear

Since our G27 shifter is a 6 gear H pattern, it's up to you how you want to setup the gears:

Example:
1 3 -

2 4 -

- 1 3

- 2 4

1 - 3

2 - 4

FYI:

When they released the Logitech G27, for some odd reason, they removed the Sequential (Up and Down shifting) feature that was in the previous G25 model. This was a great feature for games that require/uses Sequential shifting.

Did you know the G25 shifter is 95% the same as the G27 shifter? Only difference is a mechanism that changes from H pattern to Sequential and two wires. I just recently purchased a cheap G25 shifter only from eBay and the only mod you need to do is swap the cables over. There is plenty of YouTube vids that show you how to take apart the shifter, and it's as simple as unplugging the cable, so the G27 cable goes into the G25 and that it. So now I'm rocking a G25 shifter on my G27 Steering wheel and now have the best of both worlds for shifing gears in racing games :) If you can find one and know how to use a screw driver, I really recommend this mod.

Now as for the Km/h, yeah I tried getting into the test menu to see if there is a region setting on there, but can't get the test menu working yet so I will keep trying.

UPDATE:

Managed to get the TEST menu working, had to change the compatibility mode to Windows 8 (I'm on the latest Windows 10 build) for the C:\Sega\shell\Shell.exe and also need to install DESKEY (DS2) as per instructions on the first page, "T" is to enter and "Y" is to select.

Didn't find any reference to SPEEDO, but I did find the localisation options which are the language selections, tried changing to other languages but the speedo didn't change.

xs4all4me

Yes, i have the same configuration of the shifter in xbox360ce, the shifter works in xbox60ce but in game always in 1st, i can't change the speed. This is my configuration:

shift.png

Modifié par khoubash

xs4all4me

The test mode unfortunately doesn't work for me, i have win 7, i installed the Deskey DK2  when open the shell.exe it crash and nothing happens .

The shifter is interesting, i think this is the diagram, right?

Pin 5 G27 White = G25 Red
Pin 9 G27 Red = G25 Black

Modifié par khoubash

xs4all4me

Yes, i have the same configuration of the shifter in xbox360ce, the shifter works in xbox60ce but in game always in 1st, i can't change the speed. This is my configuration:

shift.png

Interesting, asking the obvious, I'm assuming you using the "DaytonaLaunch3.3(patched).rar" files on the first page?

Your Daytona.exe is patched as per the instructions in the above file?

And your launching the game using DaytonaLaunch.exe file?

xs4all4me

The test mode unfortunately doesn't work for me, i have win 7, i installed the Deskey DK2  when open the shell.exe it crash and nothing happens .

The shifter is interesting, i think this is the diagram, right?

Pin 5 G27 White = G25 Red
Pin 9 G27 Red = G25 Black

Correct, I didn't do the re soldering as I wanted to keep the original cables as is, so I just basically swapped the cables out, much cleaner.

You can also purchase this little device:

http://derekspearedesigns.com/g25-to-g27-shifter-adapter.html

I ordered one, it hasn't arrived yet but the G25 shifter turned up first, couldn't wait for the above adaptor to arrive and after some googling, found out that I didn't really need that adaptor and just a simple cable swap.

Oh well, now I have no use of this adaptor when it arrives :( This adaptor is good for those that don't want to either re solder the wires or swap the cables out.

hace 20 horas, xs4all4me dijo:

Interesting, asking the obvious, I'm assuming you using the "DaytonaLaunch3.3(patched).rar" files on the first page?

Your Daytona.exe is patched as per the instructions in the above file?

And your launching the game using DaytonaLaunch.exe file?

Here i attach the screenshot the configuration of the file in xbox360ce, in the daytona folder i launch the D3LauncherCL.exe.

Regarding the shifter, here in Spain it is almost impossible to find for sale only the G25 shifter, very scarce. My G27 shifter has it integrated into the gearbox of an arcade machine, a hard job to fit it. :what: :furax:

I show you my arcade cabinet, that i have built with the modified G27 steering wheel.

hh.png

G27 shifter

cc.jpg

ghg.jpg

sfsdf.jpg

kijhgiuh8.jpg

hjkhjh.jpg

Modifié par khoubash

hace 20 horas, xs4all4me dijo:

Correct, I didn't do the re soldering as I wanted to keep the original cables as is, so I just basically swapped the cables out, much cleaner.

You can also purchase this little device:

http://derekspearedesigns.com/g25-to-g27-shifter-adapter.html

I ordered one, it hasn't arrived yet but the G25 shifter turned up first, couldn't wait for the above adaptor to arrive and after some googling, found out that I didn't really need that adaptor and just a simple cable swap.

Oh well, now I have no use of this adaptor when it arrives :( This adaptor is good for those that don't want to either re solder the wires or swap the cables out.

You can easily sell the adapter online on eBay or a forum.

11 hours ago, khoubash said:

Here i attach the screenshot the configuration of the file in xbox360ce, in the daytona folder i launch the D3LauncherCL.exe.

Regarding the shifter, here in Spain it is almost impossible to find for sale only the G25 shifter, very scarce. My G27 shifter has it integrated into the gearbox of an arcade machine, a hard job to fit it. :what: :furax:

I show you my arcade cabinet, that i have built with the modified G27 steering wheel.

Wow, that is one awesome setup! So jealous! Yes the G25 shifter will need the same modification you did to the G27 shifter,

As for the exe file your launching D3LauncherCL.exe. I also downloaded this file but opted to use DaytonaLaunch.exe the from the DaytonaLaunch3.3(patched).rar instead.

This is what is says on the Readme file of the D3LauncherCL.

Q: Gears don't shift for me!
A: I have seen this happen on about 25% of computers. If your gears don't shift and you have turned off "force passthrough," do the following:
1. Make a new subfolder in Daytona called Gamepad
2. Move D3LauncherCL.exe, SharpDX.dll, & SharpDX.XInput.dll into that directory. Do not move the .ini or other exe files.
3. Run D3LauncherCL.exe from the subdirectory instead of the main Daytona directory. Note that this means the game will NOT use x360ce-remapped inputs. If you want to use different gear buttons, you can configure these in the ini file now.

If you tried the above and the gears are still not working, I suggest you try the DaytonaLaunch3.3(patched).rar setup, as this is working for me. Since the button mapping I gave your for the gear shift is for DaytonaLaunch.exe so it could be different button mappings for D3LauncherCL.exe?

Modifié par xs4all4me

xs4all4me

Today i made a clean installation with DaytonaLaunch3.3 (patched) .rar and everything is the same, but it doesn't matter, it's not very important either. I have tired of so much searching without result. Here i leave all my configuration + the ini file.

The last picture is of my DK2 file, when opening the file, there is no data. Thank you very much for all your attention.

x360ce.ini

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

Modifié par khoubash

Hello everyone, I have a doubt to see if anyone can help me ... I'm using the program xbox360ce with a joystick, and when I set it up the car is going against the walls and its handling is very rough .. someone knows how to Can you solve ?? thank you very much

Modifié par sdds_78

On 3/20/2018 at 4:12 PM, khoubash said:

Today i made a clean installation with DaytonaLaunch3.3 (patched) .rar and everything is the same, but it doesn't matter, it's not very important either. I have tired of so much searching without result. Here i leave all my configuration + the ini file.

The last picture is of my DK2 file, when opening the file, there is no data. Thank you very much for all your attention.

1. Share a screenshot of C:\Sega

2. Share ShellData\GameSettings.ini

3. Share ShellData\ShellData.ini

Did anyone manage to set up network link for 2-8 players?

I have DK2 (local) installed but when I run shell.exe, it opens and closes the DOS window right away. Does anyone know what could be wrong? Pressing F1 during the game just opens the stats page in my browser, no Test Menu appears. I'm on Win7  

Modifié par Friko

On 3/24/2018 at 8:00 PM, Friko said:

Did anyone manage to set up network link for 2-8 players?

I have DK2 (local) installed but when I run shell.exe, it opens and closes the DOS window right away. Does anyone know what could be wrong? Pressing F1 during the game just opens the stats page in my browser, no Test Menu appears. I'm on Win7  

I am going to attempt link multiplayer. I hope it's as easy to set up as Daytona on Model 2. Anyway, if anyone is still reading this and wants to revive this thread to share findings, that'd be great 

Modifié par Friko

• 2 semaines après...
  • 2 semaines après...

Hi!!

Just a quick question. I have everything running fine with my Driving Force GT Wheel. Everything works like Charme. Only one "Bug" is driving me nuts. On the Transmission Select screen the cars keep rotating without touching anything. I have to luckily press to select Manual Gear. Is there an option to make this selectable??

18 hours ago, Groni said:

Hi!!

Just a quick question. I have everything running fine with my Driving Force GT Wheel. Everything works like Charme. Only one "Bug" is driving me nuts. On the Transmission Select screen the cars keep rotating without touching anything. I have to luckily press to select Manual Gear. Is there an option to make this selectable??

I'm surprised it only spins in the transmission select screen. Probably a dead zone tweak that you need to do.

What happens if you turn the wheel in the opposite direction?

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Friko:

I'm surprised it only spins in the transmission select screen. Probably a dead zone tweak that you need to do.

What happens if you turn the wheel in the opposite direction?

When I not move the wheel it spins to the right and when I turn left than it spins to the left. I centered the wheel to 0 and even than it keeps spinning.Even when I have no wheel attached it spins. I played around with the deadzone , but nothing helps. Also I cannot select a track with the Wheel. Only one step to the left or right. Same on High Score Entry. I always have to use the right and left arrow on the keyboard.

14 hours ago, Groni said:

When I not move the wheel it spins to the right and when I turn left than it spins to the left. I centered the wheel to 0 and even than it keeps spinning.Even when I have no wheel attached it spins. I played around with the deadzone , but nothing helps. Also I cannot select a track with the Wheel. Only one step to the left or right. Same on High Score Entry. I always have to use the right and left arrow on the keyboard.

Driving is okay?

2 hours ago, Groni said:

Driving is perfect. Only Menu issues. And one more thing about the Launcher 3.3...my pc keeps deleting it cause of an Trojan Virus....

You have to let your antivirus allow it to run. That could be what's causing the issue.

If I were you I'd disable the antivirus completely, re-download the files and install again